New MM time!! Which one though???

The_Warpact

So I'm debating on my next MM. Its definitely going to be Beast for the primary. 

But, the secondary, should I go /nature or /kin???

I see the benefits of both, obviously kin could perma fortify pack, but, the benefits of nature are strong but how could you perma some of those powers.

In addition how do you even slot the pets?? Alot of options especially Dire Wolf, holy cow.

So any advice? Anyone else have these builds that had some success?

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Thermal.  their innate resists + healing + forge for dire and cats.  color the flames blue and bam, frosty time.

/kin is crap for keeping pets alive in large teams

I never did like /nature because that Cone heal likes to miss or a pet that needs it moves slightly to the left.

And Fortify Pack(activated) is a rather large dps loss.

Slot standard pet sets while leveling up, switch to Hamis at max level to really jam in those aura buff IOs.

2 acc/dmg hamis, 1 acc/dmg/end pet IO, 2-3 aura IO buffs

Dire wolf might need a second raw EndRedux

• Like 1

I went with storm and not regretting it, there is a lot of good synergy.  The Beasts seem pretty tough on their own, and you have fortify pack available as a oh crap button. Storm amplifies your overall damage output and gives you additional pets to put the aura ios in. Steamy mist adds to their baseline defenses and increase their E/F/C resistance. O2 boost, while not a great heal, is better than aid other out of the box. 

Edited by KelvinKole
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, KelvinKole said:

I went with storm and not regretting it, there is a lot of good synergy.  The Beasts seem pretty tough on their own, and you have fortify pack available as a oh crap button. Storm amplifies your overall damage output and gives you additional pets to put the aura ios in. Steamy mist adds to their baseline defenses and increase their E/F/C resistance. O2 boost, while not a great heal, is better than aid other out of the box. 

Yeah I have a Necro/Storm and its pure chaos, love it.

But, I'm one of those weirdos that have to try new things and I want to go either kin or nature.

Thanks though!

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Kin, IMO, undoubtedly. For the same reason that I chose it:

1: Kin is a great offensive secondary, but doesn't help that much on defense... pairing it with Fortify Pack and pretty solid defenses/resists for the Beasts covers its main hole.

2: Beasts is an excellent defensive primary, and good offensively against single targets. It kinda sucks in AoE. However, there is a way to get around that...

Fulcrum Shift and a proc-based build with the Leviathan Mastery secondary allows you to FS, then throw:

Call Ravens - School of Sharks - Bile Spray - Call Ravens.

AoE missing from your Beasts? That's okay, there's nothing left but the Bosses anyhow. The Beasts are there just to Bodyguard you and finish off the Bosses. Those cones average out around 300 damage, so that's about 1200 AoE damage.

Now you have defense, AoE damage, single-target damage... and the fun of directly killing the mobs to show the puppies how it's done. And a base 800 damage from Knockout Blow just in case they need more lessons about who is the pack leader and who learns to Sit, Stay, and Roll Over.

This is the build I'm running (so far in the 30s), but it's not quite perma-Fortify so I'm not sure if I'm going to try to tweak it to aim for that. It's hard to give up some of the damage, though...

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Beast Mastery
Secondary Power Set: Kinetics
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Leviathan Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Summon Wolves -- SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(A), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(5), TchofLadG-%Dam(5), AchHee-ResDeb%(7)
Level 1: Transfusion -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(7), TchoftheN-Heal(9), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(50)
Level 2: Call Swarm -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Dam%(9), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Apc-Acc/Rchg(11), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(13), AchHee-ResDeb%(13)
Level 4: Call Hawk -- Apc-Dmg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), GldJvl-Dam%(19), CldSns-%Dam(19), ExpStr-Dam%(21), FrcFdb-Rechg%(21)
Level 6: Train Beasts -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Call Ravens -- PstBls-Dmg/Rng(A), PstBls-Dam%(23), TchofLadG-%Dam(23), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(25), ShlBrk-%Dam(25), AchHee-ResDeb%(27)
Level 10: Siphon Speed -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(27)
Level 12: Summon Lions -- SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(29), SvrRgh-PetResDam(31), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(31), EdcoftheM-PetDef(31)
Level 14: Siphon Power -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Increase Density -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(33)
Level 18: Fortify Pack -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(33), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Rct-Def/Rchg(34), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 20: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(36), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(36), Rct-ResDam%(37)
Level 22: Speed Boost -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), WntGif-ResSlow(36)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 26: Summon Dire Wolf -- MarofSpr-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(A), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(37), SprMarofS-Dmg(37), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(39), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(39), ImpSwf-Dam%(39)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(40), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(40), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 30: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 32: Tame Beasts -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Transference -- PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(A)
Level 38: Fulcrum Shift -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 41: School of Sharks -- TraoftheH-Dam%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(42), JvlVll-Dam%(43), PstBls-Dam%(43), Ann-ResDeb%(43), DblAct-Stun%(45)
Level 44: Bile Spray -- Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(A), JvlVll-Dam%(45), PstBls-Dam%(45), Rgn-Knock%(46), Ann-ResDeb%(46), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(46)
Level 47: Knockout Blow -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), UnbCns-Dam%(47), Hct-Dam%(47), NrnSht-Dam%(48), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(48), TchofDth-Dam%(48)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Supremacy
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15), Mrc-Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(17)
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment
Level 50: Clarion Radial Epiphany
Level 50: Vigor Core Paragon
Level 1: Alpha Howler Wolf
Level 1: Howler Wolf
Level 26: Dire Wolf
Level 12: Lioness
Level 1: Pack Mentality
------------

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beast/Nature is/was a popular combo. It was my first MM on HC. Saw a lot of them on Indom. Definitely an easy mode combination, especially now that he's all incarnated out. Pretty much retired, though. Playing Bots/EA more, and Merc/Poison for a challenge.

• Like 2
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

5 minutes ago, KC4800 said:

Beast/Nature is/was a popular combo. It was my first MM on HC. Saw a lot of them on Indom. Definitely an easy mode combination, especially now that he's all incarnated out. Pretty much retired, though. Playing Bots/EA more, and Merc/Poison for a challenge.

Yeah EA is a blast to play, Poison is a set that i have lllloooonnnngggg wanted to master and have yet to do it.

• Like 1