Redside Dr Khan delayed rewards.

rookery.

Had this happen over the weekend. Not sure if its the same for blue side BUT, beat up Reichsman and pop out into Grandville and....wait for the team leader to go talk to the contact again. In that time, someone left the TF thinking it was done. For whatever reason, the merit reward and badges come AFTER talking with the last contact so the person who dropped team didn't get anything.

It does seem that when you finish the last mish in a TF/SF and get the MISSION COMPLETE, THAT'S when you get the rewards but for some reason Khan is different?

Maybe I am misremembering things from other TF'S SF's but I have seen it happen twice in redside Khan's and might have happened to me if the team leader hadn't warned us all NOT to leave until rewards given.

Is this a thing that can even be looked at/modified?

Thanks for all you do.

• Like 3

On 3/23/2021 at 3:52 AM, rookery. said:

In that time, someone left the TF thinking it was done.

That happened to me. I quit as soon as we left, due to twits on the team. And then..no badge, no reward, nothing. Sent a support ticket in..and they said there was NOTHING they could do. Which is absolute rubbish. A 5 second check of logs would show I finished the tf.

Given the other huge disparities between Kahn and Cuda, this should be fixed. There is no other TF in the game that functions this way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

and they said there was NOTHING they could do. Which is absolute rubbish. A 5 second check of logs would show I finished the tf.

You really think they're going to help out a VILLAIN?!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

They always say that.  If they had to go into the records to confirm and then reset something for everyone, they'd never get round to anything else.  Besides, now you've learned how to not have it happen to you again  😀

Edited by Clave Dark 5
typo
  • Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

2 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

hey always say that.  If they had to go into the records to confirm and then reset something for everyone, they'd never get round to anything else.  Besides, now you've learned how to not have it happen to you again  😀

They would? Missed badge missions are pretty uncommon..besides Cuda, which will ALWAYS screw up if someone quits before the tf. Again, something that happens no where else in the game. So the very least would be add a warning, or fix the problem. Because sure as hell they are able to check logs and award badges, but wont. Wont and cant..big difference.

You messed up a TF, that guy accidentally deleted his email to his other toon with fifty mill, this one accidentally traded a purple to a stranger, that one over there deleted something.  The list goes on.  Won't, yes, because there's just not enough time for a volunteer effort.

• Like 1

Go have fun!

4 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

You messed up a TF, that guy accidentally deleted his email to his other toon with fifty mill, this one accidentally traded a purple to a stranger, that one over there deleted something.  The list goes on.  Won't, yes, because there's just not enough time for a volunteer effort.

Exactly my point. They wont, not CANT. The person who replied to me said they cant.

*peeks in cautiously*

I...I just wanted to bring it to their attention so it maybe can get fixed at some point in the future. I suspect it already has been mentioned before but hey squeaky wheel and all. 

Sorry you got shorted though RazorCure but hey, can always be run again. Only this time with KNOWING(TM) and KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!

8 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

That happened to me. I quit as soon as we left, due to twits on the team. And then..no badge, no reward, nothing. Sent a support ticket in..and they said there was NOTHING they could do. Which is absolute rubbish. A 5 second check of logs would show I finished the tf.

Given the other huge disparities between Kahn and Cuda, this should be fixed. There is no other TF in the game that functions this way.

Mortimer Kal SF is the same way.

• Lead Game Master

With that particular SF, speaking to Lord Recluse  (not Barracuda) after the "final" mission is a mission itself, not the standard debrief (or rather, it's part of the mission). If people bail before the team lead can talk to Recluse, they're technically leaving before the SF is complete.

It is a little out of sorts with how most TFs go, but it is what it is.

• Like 2

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

11 hours ago, GM Impervium said:

It is a little out of sorts with how most TFs go, but it is what it is.

Wait, THAT is the response..from a GM?

Two TFs out of however many, having a really annoying and easy to miss 'mechanic'...and your response is..'oh sure, it is what it is.'

May as well not fix, tweak or update anything in the game anymore..cause, ya know, it is what is it.

• Thanks 1

I have also had this happen to me and witnessed it happen to others. Final mission is completed, everyone is congratulating each other after defeating the AV, and then says their goodbyes. Oh wait, WE GOT NOTHING??? This is not the norm for SF/TFs. There has to be something to prevent this from happening. It's not an isolated event,

• Like 1

Excelsior Server: Giovanni Valia, Operative Velez, Fortunata Valeri, LongFang Mercer

SG: Shades of Arachnos; 315-6811

• Lead Game Master
1 hour ago, Razor Cure said:

Wait, THAT is the response..from a GM?

Two TFs out of however many, having a really annoying and easy to miss 'mechanic'...and your response is..'oh sure, it is what it is.'

May as well not fix, tweak or update anything in the game anymore..cause, ya know, it is what is it.

Hmm, you're right 😃

"It is what it is... for now. Hopefully one of the devs will see this and take it into consideration!"

...is what i SHOULD have said! I'll be more mindful of my wording in the future; thanks for keeping me on my toes!

• Like 2

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

2 minutes ago, GM Impervium said:

"It is what it is... for now. Hopefully one of the devs will see this and take it into consideration!"

...is what i SHOULD have said! I'll be more mindful of my wording in the future; thanks for keeping me on my toes!

Much better! Perfect in fact Sir! 🙂

I mean, I am not demanding it get fixed this instant or anything, and if that was implied, I am sorry! Thank you for a response worthy of a GM!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1