IO Enhancement Boosting and Attuning reversability

MsSmart

As I have learned more and more of the game, the concept of taking your level 50 IO and making them better by attunement or level boosting has opened all forms of wonderful choices.

I am so happy they are making the boosting part so less clunky, that is awesome.

When I was playing around with the GUI, I noticed I could take an IO with a +1 booster already slotted into it, and could get it replaced with an attunement enhancement, that is an awesome choice! But when I wanted to replace an IO who has been attuned to be boosted instead, I could not find a way to do so.

Is there a way to actually do this? But if not, could we see sometime in the future a way to redo an attuned IO to become a boosted IO? Please?

Thank you

Sue

Edited by MsSmart

I would support adding more uses to the catalyst salvage.  An easy concept would be to use a catalyst to reverse a previous change:  change an attuned IO to an unattuned one at max level for the set; change a superior ATO to a regular IO; etc.

To OP:  then you could use a catalyst to unattune your IO and then spend boosters to boost it.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

Not sure about the catalyst....

You use a catalyst to attune in the first place, and then you suggest to spend nearly 2M to undo the 2M you spent to attune it?

Does not seem right to me...

I think the ability to over-write it by placing a booster at top of the attune should be sufficient; you just lost 2M just by doing that!

At this time, I could have an IO boosted to +5 and can select it, click on catalyst, and bingo the +5 boosted IO becomes an Attuned IO; because this is already possible, I am asking for the reverse to be true too.

Hugs

Sue

Just now, MsSmart said:

You use a catalyst to attune in the first place, and then you suggest to spend nearly 2M to undo the 2M you spent to attune it?

Exactly.  Catalysts drop daily on lvl 50s, they are in Hero Packs, you can buy them on the market.  Easy and cheap to get.

Your suggestion is that you buy an attuned IO (which is the same price on the AH as a non-attuned), unattune it and it is automatically +5 boosted?

What you are asking for is free boosters and/or catalysts.  That I do not support.  But I'm not a developer, so who cares what I think?

Who run Bartertown?

6 minutes ago, MsSmart said:

I don't know when the last time I bought a catalyst was. I've got a ton of them....

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

5 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Exactly.  Catalysts drop daily on lvl 50s, they are in Hero Packs, you can buy them on the market.  Easy and cheap to get.

Your suggestion is that you buy an attuned IO (which is the same price on the AH as a non-attuned), unattune it and it is automatically +5 boosted?

What you are asking for is free boosters and/or catalysts.  That I do not support.  But I'm not a developer, so who cares what I think?

Oh no, not what I said... what I suggested the moment you slide a booster +1 on the attuned IO, it becomes a +1 IO enhancement, you still need to slide 4 more to make it +5

Sue

Edited by MsSmart

I'm not sure I understand the motivation.

Are you saying, sometimes you make a mistake (we all do!) and want to undo it and go a different direction? E.g., change an attuned IO into a Boosted IO for a not unreasonable cost.

Or are you saying you'd like to swap between having Boosted vs Attuned IO's on occasion, to lay differently. For instance to have Boosted IO's for hard, endgame content, and then swap back to Attuned so you can exemp down to run, say, lower level Task Forces for the weekly strike target?

If the former, then all I can say is making mistakes can be costly.

If the latter, then I'd like to point you at https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Multiple_Builds

Edited by Andreah

4 hours ago, Andreah said:

I'm not sure I understand the motivation.

Are you saying, sometimes you make a mistake (we all do!) and want to undo it and go a different direction? E.g., change an attuned IO into a Boosted IO for a not unreasonable cost.

Or are you saying you'd like to swap between having Boosted vs Attuned IO's on occasion, to lay differently. For instance to have Boosted IO's for hard, endgame content, and then swap back to Attuned so you can exemp down to run, say, lower level Task Forces for the weekly strike target?

If the former, then all I can say is making mistakes can be costly.

If the latter, then I'd like to point you at https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Multiple_Builds

I believe, I made quite clear the intent and motivation. I truly do not get your negativity.

Let’s look at this functionally.

Your issue is that you have an attuned IO, and instead you want a boosted IO.  (For the reverse, you state you can attune a boosted IO — I’ve never tried it but I’ll take your word for it.)

1.  You could easily sell the attuned IO and buy back an unattuned one, even at the same price.

2.  There is a question of what level you want the unattuned IO at.  Maybe you want it at the max level.  Maybe at the min.  Programming that choice is a lot more difficult than buying a new one in step 1, but ok.

3.  Once you have an unattuned IO, you can spend up to 5 boosters on it.

If the problem is, you have an attuned IO and you want an unattuned one, I can see asking for converters to be used to make that change.  If you are asking for using a booster on an attuned to both unattune it AND to boost it then I think that’s a bit too much to ask.  

Who run Bartertown?

2 hours ago, MsSmart said:

I believe, I made quite clear the intent and motivation. I truly do not get your negativity

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be negative -- I really do not understand the issue fully and wanted clarification. 

Because if it was the correct mistakes, well, we all make them, and in the big scheme of things we don't do it too often. Pull out the one mistake, sell it, and put a new one in that's right, following Yomo's advice, above..

But I had the sense, but wasn't sure, that you wanted to be able to easily swap between boosted and attuned sets of IOs, perhaps even frequently. And if that's the case then the Multiple Builds feature is MUCH BETTER for doing this, since once set up, they would not need to be constantly changed as you swapped. All you would need to do it talk to a trainer and pick the alternate build for what you wanted to do next. And they can do even more.

So I was hoping for a bit more clarification on the situation in game that would lead you to want to do what you asked for in your opening post.