new type of enhancement: Lasting

MsSmart

At this time we have enhancements that make powers recharge faster, which has its advantages, but a different enhancement that increases the duration of the effect may also have some rather unique tactical advantages of its own.

This could make a difference for those classes who have buttons that are for powers that are very important, for example think of the button that Scrappers must consistently press in order to keep their status effect protections up, and when they press it again, they get stuck with idiotic graphics in the middle of combat, I believe the new game update may provide some relief to this, but not positive if it is a partial or total.

There are other powers whose effects lasting longer could be beneficial such as summon storm, and especially buffs!

What do you all think?

Sue

But... that's already handled (at least in your example, and is more powerset than AT specific) by recharge. Which not only gets the power up faster, but can let it stack.

Buffs already tend to last a good four minutes, and in a way had a "duration" boost back on live when they (at least ally-applied buffs) were made AOE. Everyone gets buffed at once for the same four minutes, everyone gets buffed again at the same time, nobody loses it.

I'd also argue somewhat with it being a "new type" of enhancement, in some ways - most control enhancements such as hold, immob and fear already enhance the duration, not the strength, of the control. But that's mostly me being nitpicky. 🙂 I'm guessing you're looking at one that enhances nothing *but* the duration.

I'm not really *against* it, mind. I just don't see it being quite as useful.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

A combination of Recharge enhancements plus the proposed "Lasting" enhancements, could well result in some things becoming Perma-Able that were previously impossible.

Whether that is a desireable or undesireable outcome would be something for the Devs to make the call on.

Sure my /regen would love a Perma-able Instant Healing. 

Sure lots of characters might enjoy an easier path to Perma-Hasten.

It still may not be a door the developers really want to open. 

Edited by MTeague
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, MTeague said:

A combination of Recharge enhancements plus the proposed "Lasting" enhancements, could well result in some things becoming Perma-Able that were previously impossible.

Whether that is a desireable or undesireable outcome would be something for the Devs to make the call on.

Sure my /regen would love a Perma-able Instant Healing. 

Sure lots of characters might enjoy an easier path to Perma-Hasten.

It still may not be a door the developers really want to open. 

You may have a point there, perhaps you can make the two incompatible; so you can only slot a duration reduction or augmentation in any given IO