Fitness in assumed identity missions

Wavicle

I'd actually like to see far fewer / zero such missions. Or at least some advance notification that the story arc may contain such a mission.

They make perfect sense for most humanoid heroes.

"infiltrate the skulls" makes a lot less sense if your character has digitigrade legs, or looks like a large battle robot, or a minotaur, or is a creature of living stone, etc.

If I know in advance I can simply ignore the story arc / never accept the missions. 

Failing that, an infiltrate where you're controlling someone ELSE.... ie, you the hero is staying outside, but Officer Vic Johansson is going in and you guide his actions? Sure, I can work with that. Or the EagleEye missions where you control the thug beating up Back Alley Brawler, etc, I can work with that. 

But the Skulls are not going to just be all ho-hum if freakin Robocop shows up in a 5X leather jacket and tries to act like a gang member.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

God yes. Not just fitness, but increase the run speed. I get they are slow so you read the text, but who wants to read the text over and over and OVER again when you do them on an alt?

Case in point, the Sister Solaris personal one..takes like 5 days to waddle through the huuuge cavern.

Honestly, after doing that one once, I wait 3 days and just auto in, every time.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, MTeague said:

I'd actually like to see far fewer / zero such missions. Or at least some advance notification that the story arc may contain such a mission.

They make perfect sense for most humanoid heroes.

"infiltrate the skulls" makes a lot less sense if your character has digitigrade legs, or looks like a large battle robot, or a minotaur, or is a creature of living stone, etc.

If I know in advance I can simply ignore the story arc / never accept the missions. 

Failing that, an infiltrate where you're controlling someone ELSE.... ie, you the hero is staying outside, but Officer Vic Johansson is going in and you guide his actions? Sure, I can work with that. Or the EagleEye missions where you control the thug beating up Back Alley Brawler, etc, I can work with that. 

But the Skulls are not going to just be all ho-hum if freakin Robocop shows up in a 5X leather jacket and tries to act like a gang member.

Right?

Habashy: "Okay, you need to don this disguise so you can infiltrate the Hellions!"

My 8ft tall lizardman character: "Something tells me this isn't going to work out very well."

Lo and behold this disguise is not merely a change of clothes but some sort of magical glamor or illusion.  Same with female characters being turned into winged demons for that mission.  It really does hamper the immersion somewhat.  

Though I support having increased run speed in these missions if they absolutely have to stay.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dangeraaron10 said:

Lo and behold this disguise is not merely a change of clothes but some sort of magical glamor or illusion.  Same with female characters being turned into winged demons for that mission.  It really does hamper the immersion somewhat.  

Not as much as your character being transformed into a Girlfriend from Hell... with a battle drone following along behind her. Or your character has a tail inconsistent with the Girlfriend from Hell disguise. Or the mission from Sondra Costel where you watch over Deborah Rosenfield as she goes to talk to the Skull recruiter... with your buff pet floating along behind her.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Tbh the rp aspect is easy. If you’re magical then it’s spell. If you’re natural, tech, or science it’s a hologram provided by the cops. If you’re mutant it’s either a hologram or one of your abilities.

You could also use the "possession" excuse: psychics can beat up a skull and use a special technique to puppet them around (only works on the weak); if you're tech, just implant a control mechanism in their ear/on their body and pilot them around remotely; if you're mutant or an alien, maybe you can just straight up hop into a Skull's body.  There's also the prospect of just copying people's appearance with shapeshifting powers/copy powers (I actually have one whose main quirk is he can transform into people but there's an obvious feature that stands out like his tail or his eyes, kind of like a kitsune but he's a chameleon).

For your no-power heroes, they must have something: street smarts, charisma/way with words or just plain guile to dress up, even if their normal form would look a little different because they have different skin or some mechanical limb or something.  You're not dealing with the brightest villain group with the Skulls.

Rather than pick apart why it doesn't work for your character, why not think of an aspect that fits your specific character and use your headcanon as your guide?

As for the fitness thing: you got SO enhancements at level 1, I'm certain this is the most nothing of a nothing burger to get by without.