The better values

Ukase

In the market, supply and demand will always have sway over the costs of items.

I noticed with catalysts that the number of bids has been reduced by about 20%, with the number of units put up for auction being increased by about the same margin.

The big money makers from the past - very rare purple recipes - those days are over with Market Crash Trial awarding a guaranteed purple for a character's first run. (which gives incentive to a degree to level up those alts)

MSRs, which in my experience had been a maybe 2x a week, possibly 3x a week occurrence are now run pretty much all day, every day. (allowing a lot of reward merits to be cashed in, and thus, more enhancements which don't require salvage or crafting costs)

Am I the only one thinking that simply playing your character will be the primary way of making influence in a few months? I'm sure salvage will continue to be a decent nickel and dime profit center for those who play a lot and earn the drops. Just wondering about the big chunks of change and where (and if) they'll come from.

Simply playing the game's content and living off the INF generated from that will definitely not be the primary way of making INF for those that want to live a lavish IO lifestyle, but it will certainly afford you way more on HC than it did on live. There are a confluence of various design decisions in i25 that make everything more attainable and drive down prices on things. That said there is still plenty of room for folks like myself who want to acquire tons of wealth by trading on the market. With very little effort I make maybe 200M+ or so a day on select trading at this point. There is no normal gameplay that will provide those sorts of returns in as little time as I invest in acquiring it. Even if my profit margin shrink over time it will still outpace normal gameplay especially when you consider scale and how it becomes easier and easier to make more and more INF the more INF you acquire.

Man, what I wouldn't give to make that kind of change playing the market.  I must be a filthy casual, i was making like 8-10 million a day and I thought i was clever as heck.  If you feel like sharing some general tips without giving away your niche, I'm all ears--but otherwise I'm just envious!

Man, what I wouldn't give to make that kind of change playing the market.  I must be a filthy casual, i was making like 8-10 million a day and I thought i was clever as heck.  If you feel like sharing some general tips without giving away your niche, I'm all ears--but otherwise I'm just envious!

Enhancement Converters

You need to do some research but there are plenty of places where you can buy and craft uncommon and then reroll them into rares. In a lot of cases you can spend less than 1million inf buying the recipe, crafting it and re-rolling it into an enhancement that sells for 2-4million. After that it's just a matter of volume.

Defender Smash!

At this point it's mostly just scale that accounts for the size of profit. For example yesterday I bought 30 10M superpack(300M), something I could do because I have a large bankroll. In those 30 packs I got 41 ATO's, 350 merits, and bunch of other little stuff like brainstorms that I turn into rare salvage and converters/catalysts/boosters. I turned all the merits into converters 350x3=1050 converters. I then took all 41 ATO's and either listed them for near 10M a piece or converted them to a piece that could get near 10M and then listed them. That nets me about 100M profit just on the ATO's and I still had like 800 converters leftover. That's just one example of a way I make money. It all just comes down maximizing converting. If you don't have a bankroll for superpacks, buy cheap rare enhancements and convert them into better pieces. I find rare enhancements under 1M on the AH all the time which is crazy because it costs more than a 1M to craft a rare enhancement so buying them for less then converting them into good pieces and listing them nets a good margin. You have to do a lot of them but once you build a bankroll you can do more things. Because of my bankroll I have about 500M in open bids on the market that snag high value pieces at cheap prices at this point pretty regularly, I then flip them. It's only because tying up 500M on bids doesn't effect my day to day that I can do that and the size of the operation makes it more successful than placing one lowball bid on a single piece, I have a lot of lowball bids on a large variety of pieces.

I haven't looked at finding scale flipping opportunities yet, but I'm not actually sure I need to.  Stuff just doesn't really cost very much, and I can make 30 or 40 million an hour pretty easily in a number of niches with only moderate starting bankroll.  I've been converting level 41 Reactive Armor into LotG global recharge enhancements, it costs about 3 million inf and about 45 seconds of clicking on average to build one, and usually sells immediately for 6 million or more.  The market for them is insane too, I built 40 of them in one session and I could barely keep up with the rate they were being bought.

Generally there seems to be a lot of opportunity to make money. I've gone from ~5mil to about 2 billion and two fully IO'd builds in 4 weeks: started by crafting uncommons that could net me 500k-1mil just from crafting the recipe, moved on to enhancement converters when I had a bigger bankroll and now I'm mostly flipping purples and ATOs for 50-200mil per day depending how many of my lowball bids go through. My current bankroll fortunately affords me a chance to to slow down on my ebilness as the ATO and purple flipping has me operate ~10 sales per day while I have close to 1 billion in bids. Then again, my next character in the pipeline is only level 17 and I estimate his build to cost about 200-300 million depending on how quickly I want to have everything so I don't really need to be making much money right now.

Here's a short and rough outline for making big bucks in a matter of days (5M to 100M+ in less than a week):

• When you have literally almost no money at all: bid ~500 inf on SOs, take what you get instantly and sell to vendors for 10k+. Easiest way to make your first 100k-1Million.
  • When you have a small amount of money (1-10M): find an uncommon recipe that costs <100k while the crafted enhancement sells for ~1 million, I used Crushing Impacts and Thunderstrikes, but there are several other uncommons that can be used. Buy the recipe at the lowest level possible (minimize crafting costs), get the salvage (should be <10k total for an uncommon), craft and list slightly below the going price. With a small bankroll you need to move your stuff to get into the big leagues so getting 500k profit overnight is better than 1mil profit after 3 days. Increase your sales volume as your money situation improves.
  • When you have a modest amount of money (10-20M or more), basically do the same as above, but introduce enhancement converters. Convert to stuff that's generally in demand (Heal, Damage, Defensive sets) and rack up even bigger bucks.

After that it's basically just increasing your volume and/or moving to more expensive items.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.