Carni's Online Combat Parser

Hey folks

So we have a wee update. Nothing spectacular but having rolled an Elec blaster I realised that Shocked and Critical are recorded in the combat logger with a small indicator showing the bonus damage source. Sadly Containment is missing it so it won't collect those lines. 

See this (my Stalker critting a Death mage)

2022-01-14 12:45:06 You hit Death Mage with your Guarded Spin for 34.46 points of Smashing damage over time.
2022-01-14 12:45:06 You hit Death Mage with your Guarded Spin for 172.34 points of Smashing damage [CRITICAL].

Compared to this (on a Held enemy on my Ice/Traps)

2022-01-14 13:26:51 HIT Captain Tirailleur! Your Arcane Bolt power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 38.33.
2022-01-14 13:26:51 You hit Captain Tirailleur with your Arcane Bolt for 146.63 points of Energy damage.
2022-01-14 13:26:51 You hit Captain Tirailleur with your Arcane Bolt for 146.63 points of Energy damage.

So now there is a section in every power showing the Bonus Damage for that power. I'll look at improving and adding a synposis of that in a similiar way to Damage Types over the weekend. 

Some examples 

image.png.6ed0f5a8ca5c4cc1b6661d9af6bd438e.pngimage.png.c5941bf001cb27c473dce2dedcedd464.png

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

This is an amazing tool, I've been loving it for months now. That being said I did notice a week or so ago it would not complete uploading any logs, today I have noticed the site is not loading at all.

Q: Is there a plan to have it back in action?

Q: Is there a way to use the source to run it locally? (I tried figuring it out and there isn't really any clear way to me)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

• 1 month later

Happy Irish Day everyone. In honour of my Patron Saint (who famously parsed his combat stats before taking on the snakes) I've updated the CombatParser (yes, I too am surprised). I know Paddys Day (do NOT say the other thing) is tomorrow but I plan to be enjoying parades / a beer or two then so this gets posted up early. 

Biggest change is the default view is now a Table view of the Offensive stats. This shows the Offense powers in a sortable and Filterable table. 

image.thumb.png.a3a28dbdc4d8e346e5b7fc712cc2884d.png

For those that hate change the Tree View is still there under Tree (I know, I'm weird)

image.thumb.png.66f651c154f9f236896d1ac60cc2552c.png

And finally Graphs have been given their own tab, which gives them the real estate to actually work well with the switch off/on-able legend. 

image.thumb.png.9daab8b81759608a30e1ac99f6e4e9a3.png

image.thumb.png.653803a7b77ca7fdf88302eb89e248b9.png

I've also moved the Custom Graph down below the Damage and Damage Types Pie charts (the big blank initial space made me unhappy). 

I've a load of known issues, subpowers aren't displaying on Table View yet (the figures for their "Parent" power will be correct though) and the Table Columns are too wide currently, just because there are so many. I'll work on that. For example yes I know powers DPS is being pushed off the edge in Table view. 

Edited by Carnifax2

10 hours ago, Book of Og said:

I can't expand the Table section either. The Tree section works fine.

image.png.f490502bc92792c05cc80de7543754d1.png

Hmmm. I'll have a look but could also be a browser cache issue. Some of the files have changed so the browser could be confused. Try clearing your cache and reloading the screen (shift + refresh or shift +f5 used to do it, f12 + reload should do too) 

Edit : Yep, both of these look like the browser is caching and using the old version of the stylesheet. So the graphs are in the wrong place and the new table frame isn't expanding properly.

Edited by Carnifax

/forehead smack

Of course. I always kept the page up and would refresh it when loading new logs. It never occurred to me to close the window and reopen.

This does look a lot better and gives me much better insight on how I should coordinate my attacks. Thanks for this!

23 hours ago, Book of Og said:

/forehead smack

Of course. I always kept the page up and would refresh it when loading new logs. It never occurred to me to close the window and reopen.

This does look a lot better and gives me much better insight on how I should coordinate my attacks. Thanks for this!

No worries. I did edit the server config to add some nocache headers. But I did it while drunk (St Patrick's Day) so no idea if it worked. Knew I hadn't broken things further so that was enough.

I'm halfway through modifying the table so it has 3 or 4 views (standard, damage, Mez and healing) which will show different combinations of the 20 or so columns it parses now.

Maybe it's my lack of understanding, but the proc damage seems to show up separately and not related to the power the proc is in -- like in the table above there's "Positron's Blast - Chance for Energy" as its own item along with various powers.  Is there a way to associate the proc damage to the power the proc was slotted in?  I think it throws off things like 5-6 proc'd powers from the damage table/chart?

11 hours ago, brasilgringo said:

Maybe it's my lack of understanding, but the proc damage seems to show up separately and not related to the power the proc is in -- like in the table above there's "Positron's Blast - Chance for Energy" as its own item along with various powers.  Is there a way to associate the proc damage to the power the proc was slotted in?  I think it throws off things like 5-6 proc'd powers from the damage table/chart?

It's down to how CoH logs these things currently. 

A proc in a "direct" attack like a Fire Blast gets logged as its own line with no info on the line as to which power it relates to. Allow Jolting Chains (which is a direct attack which then uses pseudopets to Chain) to explain. 

2022-03-01 16:38:28 You knock Warhulk off their feet with your Jolting Chain!
2022-03-01 16:38:28 You hit Warhulk with your Jolting Chain for 22.19 points of their endurance.
2022-03-01 16:38:28 You hit Warhulk with your Jolting Chain for 14.84 points of Energy damage.
2022-03-01 16:38:28 You hit Warhulk with your Explosive Strike: Chance for Smashing Damage for 91.58 points of Smashing damage.
2022-03-01 16:38:28 You hit Warhulk with your Gladiator's Javelin: Chance for Toxic Damage for 79.63 points of Toxic damage.

As shown here. But anything using a Pseudopet logs all their powers, including procs with the names of the "parent" power. Here's our "jolt pseudopets" in action. 

2022-03-01 16:38:29 Chain Jolt Jump 1:  You hit Gewehr Jaeger with your Charge for 21.74 points of Energy damage.
2022-03-01 16:38:29 Chain Jolt Jump 1:  You knock Gewehr Jaeger off their feet with your Charge!
2022-03-01 16:38:29 Chain Jolt Jump 1:  You hit Gewehr Jaeger with your Explosive Strike: Chance for Smashing Damage for 110.64 points of Smashing damage.
2022-03-01 16:38:29 Chain Jolt Jump 1:  You hit Warhulk with your Charge for 21.74 points of Energy damage.
2022-03-01 16:38:29 Chain Jolt Jump 1:  You knock Warhulk off their feet with your Charge!

Now I might change the parser so it could know the "last" power logged when logging a  "direct" Proc, but I'd need to check the impact. 

• Thumbs Up 1

No news on linking Procs to their parent power. Tried a few things which results in oddities like the system thinking Hold Procs belongs to Chain Fences (think it's the DoT confusing things). 

But on the display front the table has been expanded to 3 different views. The overall table is pretty wide (38 columns) so there are now some buttons to control them by showing / hiding different columns dynamically. 

Default shows the usual Table View

image.thumb.png.871866ef9f5e623131663284bf3013df.png

Damage Types shows damage types and "bonus" damage (Arcane triggers, Shocked!, Critical and Judgement Critical currently, I'll look for others, tree will automatically log them if logged correctly so I just need to know what they are, Containment doesn't log correctly)

image.thumb.png.b9e56063db4b412459dc054806db381f.png 

Mez / Heal shows Mez and End modifiers. Eventually it'll also include heal (once I remember where the hell I put Heals on the JSON data tree)

image.thumb.png.9e484aa20a80fef370c07fb3eacd1566.png

Excel downloads the entire table to a Spreadsheet for you (no columns hidden so you get all 38 columns of data)

image.thumb.png.51753405a32f090908fa30d554e32a2b.png

This is probably the last update for the Tables View for the moment (I'm considering other tables to show but not in a hurry). Next thing to do is try and solve the Proc Logging issue along with some weirdness on how I log Activations. Once I have those cleared up I'm going to look at logging when powers are recharged, which will let us display average, min and max recharge times for powers. 

Edited by Carnifax

Thanks for tackling this.  I didn't mean to come across as demand-y. I appreciate the hard work, and the tool is already pretty cool.  (There's a Critical type damage that happens in Ninja blaster secondary, I think liked to Shinobi power, if that's useful to know).

My last update (I swear). 

I've tidied up Activations. Activations are now basically the "You activated X power" rather than being Hits + Misses (Attacks is now Hits + Misses). For procs the system assumes when a procs triggers it's also an Activation (so for procs Hit = Activation). 

I've also started parsing when powers have recharged. 

That means we can show recharge times for powers (bearing in mind that the Log Timestamp is only accurate to 1 second). For procs this would be the average time the proc goes off.

image.thumb.png.a179da1cd3232fa2992086bb1f178bd5.png

I also added Scourge as a column and gave some of the "Damage Types" and "Mez / Heal" columns the ability to autohide if they aren't used in a parse, because I needed the real estate. Someone who Crits probably won't be Scourging, Elec Blasts will be the only ones SHOCKING! (I hate whichever developer stuck that exclamation at the end) and only someone with Arcane Bolt can ARCANE so I made them and some of the rarer mezzes hide if unused. Excel will contain all columns anyway. 

So Scrappers / Stalkers can now see their Crit rates & damage a bit better

image.thumb.png.08f9f46ca3aee86d5953dcdbbecf991f.png

Corruptors can see how Scourgey they are

image.thumb.png.e9e08abcc32b4e36467b3dafae9af521.png

And Domis can see how quickly Domination is recharging for them. 

image.thumb.png.0e0c03e1d3a9c89c637d6b9544e304ce.png

Although I'll admit to being suspicious of that number, I might have that one wrong (system remembers the total time a power is recharging and divides that by the number of "Your power X is recharged" lines it finds). 74 seconds seems low for Domi recasts to me. 

image.png.6e09c13ee5f4a5b419c8d9e367b99e5d.png

24 minutes ago, brasilgringo said:

Thanks for tackling this.  I didn't mean to come across as demand-y. I appreciate the hard work, and the tool is already pretty cool.  (There's a Critical type damage that happens in Ninja blaster secondary, I think liked to Shinobi power, if that's useful to know).

Oh you weren't being demandy in any way. 

Chances are if something is irking you it is or will also irk me, so asking questions and poking me is always appreciated. 

Todays wee update. Sorted out Heals (standard, pseudopet and over time), Endurance and Endurance Damage parsing. 

Here's my Dual Pistols / Kin Corruptor to demonstrate

image.thumb.png.41d3c6f69e35ec4ef7f1e6a3c4eb762e.png

I've also tweaked the Activation / Recharge code to try and support the Performance Shifter & Panacea procs so Avg Recharge should be on average how often they go off. 

• 3 weeks later

• 6 months later
  • 3 weeks later

Oh right. It's not gone anywhere. It's hosted on AWS and every couple of months it decides to switch itself off for some reason. If you see it happen PM me and I'll not miss it for like 2 weeks (or a month, like in this case). 

I haven't really played CoH for about 6 months, so I rarely swing by here. PMs work cos I get emails from them. 

And we're back. Annoyingly it looks like the Bonus damage from Disintegrate isn't showing as a Column here (Shocked, Criticals and Scourge do and the same regex should also pick up Disintegrate bonus damage along with damage from the Disintegrate power).

image.thumb.png.65b0e28e924445cd648c409b1843849a.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later
  • City Council

While the service was down, I hit up the Github repo to spin up a temporary copy and found that a number of classes seem to be missing from the source.  If you would like I can host this on my server (with full credits to you of course).  I'll also PM this offer, in case you don't see this message.