Shotgun Powerset/Pool

Narfu12

Back in 2019 I had posted something like this and while yes I may be beating a dead horse. Its still something I want to see as really it could be an interesting idea that could work. Here's what I have and some of it is from my old post and yes I know this is from a previous post I posted not too long ago so I thought I should repost since the first post was made back in 2019 and the other one was made not that long ago.

Slug: You fire a slug round into your enemy from your shotgun. While it only targets on enemy it has a chance to knock them back. Damage: Moderate, Recharge: Fast
Pummel: You pummel your foe with the stock of your shotgun. It deals little damage but it has a chance to disorient them for a time being. Damage: Low, Recharge: Fast
Buckshot: Simple enough you fire a buckshot round from the shotgun. Its a cone AoE going outward from you to anyone further out. This has a chance to knock any enemies back. Damage: Moderate, Recharge: Slow
Flechette rounds: You load in a flechette round and fire it from your shotgun. It has more range compared to the buckshot and has a chance to inflict a (DoT) on anyone affected. Damage: High, Recharge: Very Slow
Speed Loading: You have become accustomed to using the shotgun via the amount of time you've used it. You now can reload faster than ever. (Passive) +Recharge
HE Round: You load in a high explosive round into the shotgun. While it can go further than a slug it also deals splash damage (AoE). Damage: High, Recharge: Slow
Slam Fire: You take aim and fire at any enemies you can. This is an AOE that can go off with a misclick at any time. Damage: Very High, Recharge: Extreme

Feel free to rework or add to this if you wish. Its just what I had and I wanted to repost. 
A quick adjustment and to clarify what I mean by 'add to this if you wish'. What I mean is if you have your own opinion or idea that could go into this I would like to hear it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ones Sakura Tenshi were working on that I liked: 

Sabot Round: Single Target, lethal damage with -res

Full Choke: Either a tier 1 or 2 ST damage attack or a replacement for buildup where all the cones become Single Targets and gain a boost in damage. range, and accuracy, but slower recharge and cost more End

Rock Salt: low damage either cone or ST, deals a pulsing Mag 2 hold that causes enemies to use the ghoul tantrum animation (symbolizing the horrid pain of rocksalt in their bodies), toxic damage over time, deals bonus special damage to undead. (we have powers that deal bonus damage robots. so why not?)

Dragon's Breath: Moderate fire damage cone with DoT. Special gimmick could be that the DoT comes from a 'grant power' on enemies which basically gives them a small chance to spread the DoT to eachother in a chain effect. (this might be really complex coding wise)

Breaching Action: Either a tier 9 or a replacement for the Snipe, it's a long cast with interruptible component meant to be used at the start of a fight. You teleport to your target and in a PBAoE around you start blasting everything, your sudden appearance and attack also inflicts low magnitude/short duration fear and confusion as enemies try to muster themselves.

These ones were suggested/made by Sakura Tenshi a user on here. I'm just adding these here because idk what to replace on my initial list with these. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gourdhead said:

Maybe replace "Speed Loading" with a dual pistols style "Swap Shells"?  Explosive/Incediary/Radioactive/etc?

Personally, I'd actually prefer not to just copy Dual Pistol's thing. If I were to come up with an 'gimmick' thing, my own idea would be a sort of two stance power: Full choke and Full Bore.

Full Choke would turn many of the cones into Single Target attacks, sacrificing AoE in exchange for range and accuracy. Full bore does the opposite and turns all Single Target attacks into cones, giving up accuracy and range for AoE Damage. The default stance basically gives the powerset a mix of AoE and ST

• Like 6

On 4/9/2021 at 10:04 AM, Sakura Tenshi said:

Personally, I'd actually prefer not to just copy Dual Pistol's thing. If I were to come up with an 'gimmick' thing, my own idea would be a sort of two stance power: Full choke and Full Bore.

Full Choke would turn many of the cones into Single Target attacks, sacrificing AoE in exchange for range and accuracy. Full bore does the opposite and turns all Single Target attacks into cones, giving up accuracy and range for AoE Damage. The default stance basically gives the powerset a mix of AoE and ST

That actually sounds promising. Depending on the situation either needing to pull an big bad enemy or just fire randomly into enemy groups.

On 4/8/2021 at 6:48 AM, Grindingsucks said:

I think Thunderspy has basically this exact powerset (well, a variation of the concept, anyway).  It wasn't bad.  I didn't play it to very high level b/c the player base felt a little too toxic for me, so I didn't stick around.  

Tanks only and there's very little to distinguish the powers fro one another.

22 hours ago, Grindingsucks said:

Hm.  I could see it as a Tanker set, though it feels a bit more like a scrapper set to me.

Personally, Sentinel or Blaster I think would fit. Plus tried TSpy, asked for help basically got told 'no' and when I did get help it was someone way outta my paygrade.