anyone try electric with power transfer with %heal?

tellania

Reading on electric blasters and endurance drain thread, and wondered .... Has anyone slotted power transfer with %heal?

I'm wondering if its worth slotting the proc to keep your health up.   anyone with experience trying this?

It's not going to save you.

If you don't build for defenses that ~60 HP heal (assuming it procs) pales in comparison to the kind of damage you are going to get spiked with. With additional mitigation it might help, but I think damage procs hold more value for the slot because you are fighting a war of attrition. As a blaster and you should end the fight quickly rather than prolong it.

If you build for defenses you won't be able to sacrifice that 6th slot, which is needed for a lot of the defense set bonuses.

That's just conjecture though. You can certainly try it, but I think you will come out disappointed.

• Like 2

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

Thanks Nemu,

I agree with your statement, but I enjoy trying alternative builds and means, as opposed to IO'ing only for defense bonuses.    It might be a decent starter build, using the proc, esp on teams, but in the long run, I agree, it wont save me.

if you do try i guess you should 2 slot heal procs entropic chaos ranged set is another likely something with no recharge slotting and procced up attacks + as much global recharge as you can safely muster with out killing your defenses 

I think I calculated it to be about 6 HP/sec worth of regeneration on the average, if used as part of an attack chain... probably a bit less in practice with mixing in AoEs, Build-Up/Aim, Hasten, etc. Say 5 HP/sec... putting 2 in and getting 10 HP/sec of healing will be noticeable. But killing mobs faster will also be noticeable.

I tried it on my elec/elec.  I slotted Entropic Chaos, Power Transfer and Call of the Sandman procs in my attacks.  It was nice to get those green numbers once in a while but it rarely saved me from an imminent faceplant.  

I have thought about putting the Pounding Slugfest procs in some toons, which have some stun abilities, in order to enhance that playstyle. My experiment with heal procs in attacks has dissuaded me from that tactic.  The rate is too low to be relied upon for mitigation.  

Edited by TNT
Spelling correction

If you do go down this path, I would heavily suggest a resist shield epic and fighting for sure, otherwise you won't survive enough of a hit to bother healing it back.

I'm all for mixing it up from the defense-based meta! It doesn't have to be optimal as long as you like it and it works. 

On 4/14/2021 at 12:15 AM, Onlyasandwich said:

If you do go down this path, I would heavily suggest a resist shield epic and fighting for sure, otherwise you won't survive enough of a hit to bother healing it back.

I'm all for mixing it up from the defense-based meta! It doesn't have to be optimal as long as you like it and it works. 

I will second this suggestion.  I had very high s/l/e defense and changed up the build.  I am running with 75% s/l resist coupled with 44% ranged defense.   I very much prefer this iteration of my elec/elec.  That said, slotting those heal procs will have an affect on those precious set bonuses.  

• Like 1