Your most fun MM

Xandyr

4 hours ago, Scarydino369 said:

My main is a Mercs/Emp. He's basically a Victorian-era rich guy who likes to fight crime because it means he can legally hunt people ("The Most Dangerous Game"). Empathy made the most sense to me thematically because he's basically paying people to keep fighting for him. He works okay as part of a team and is mainly support/extra dps. I don't think he's got all that great of a build mechanically speaking, but I'm having fun with it. I might have him pick up sorcery because mysticism was a big thing in Victorian times.

I'm also now trying out a Zombie/Sonic character that's supposed to be a banshee. I'll see how it goes.

Can report that it's nice- But you will have odd moments of "Huh... that shouldn't be."  And I'm not sure if it's related to -res cascading or level conning oddness, but you will feel somewhere in between unstoppable with titanium boned zombies and have the rare days of wondering if your buffs are broken or even reflecting the values they say.

Medicine pool fits in nicely and the animation is quick enough and you can recolor the effect to spot heal other people as your pets past 32 do a fairly nice job of keeping themselves topped up. They also saw through individual targets like a hot angry knife through butter with your own -res effects rolling.

Edited by Vulgaris

My current is a Thugs / Traps with Fold Space and Burnout on the way. (Traps > Fold Space is my current obsession). 

Since they're my only villain that means I can solo happily, doing the Patch of Death thing > Folding a spawn into a Poison Trap / Trip mine combo then splatting them. On teams I just toebomb, standing beside the main tank to Fold Space things into a nice bunch. 

7 hours ago, Carnifax said:

My current is a Thugs / Traps with Fold Space and Burnout on the way. (Traps > Fold Space is my current obsession). 

Since they're my only villain that means I can solo happily, doing the Patch of Death thing > Folding a spawn into a Poison Trap / Trip mine combo then splatting them. On teams I just toebomb, standing beside the main tank to Fold Space things into a nice bunch. 

I am just wondering how you are able to fit in both Burnout and Fold Space?  Are you not taking the Leadership pool?  Or skipping the Epic Pools?

23 minutes ago, Tacheyon said:

I am just wondering how you are able to fit in both Burnout and Fold Space?  Are you not taking the Leadership pool?  Or skipping the Epic Pools?

Without wanting to disrupt the thread, like this.

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Thugs
Secondary Power Set: Traps
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Chill Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Call Thugs -- ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(A), SprMarofS-Dmg(3), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(3), EdcoftheM-PetDef(5), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(5), HO:Nucle(7)
Level 1: Web Grenade -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 2: Caltrops -- PstBls-Dam%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(39), JvlVll-Dam%(40)
Level 4: Combat Teleport -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(13)
Level 6: Teleport Target -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(7)
Level 8: Equip Thugs -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 10: Acid Mortar -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(11), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(11), RechRdx-I(13), TchofLadG-%Dam(31)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(9)
Level 14: Call Enforcer -- HO:Nucle(A), TchofLadG-%Dam(15), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(15), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(17), ShlBrk-%Dam(17), SlbAll-Build%(19)
Level 16: Force Field Generator -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(19), DefBuff-I(29), Ksm-ToHit+(31)
Level 18: Gang War -- SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(A), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(23), SvrRgh-PetResDam(37)
Level 20: Poison Trap -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(25), GldNet-Dam%(25), NrnSht-Dam%(27), RechRdx-I(27), Lck-%Hold(36)
Level 22: Empty Clips -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Acc-I(39)
Level 24: Fold Space -- RechRdx-I(A), Acc-I(29), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 26: Call Bruiser -- HO:Nucle(A), ExpStr-Dam%(33), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(33), Dmg-I(33), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(34)
Level 28: Seeker Drones -- Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(A), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(34), Artl-Dam/Rech(34), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(40), Artl-Acc/Dam(40), Artl-Dam/End(42)
Level 30: Triage Beacon -- NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(36), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(36), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(37), NmnCnv-Heal(37), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(43)
Level 32: Upgrade Equipment -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Trip Mine -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(45), Arm-Dmg(45), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(46), Arm-Dam%(46)
Level 38: Flash Freeze -- Acc-I(A)
Level 41: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42), DefBuff-I(49), GldArm-3defTpProc(50), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(50)
Level 44: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(45)
Level 47: Burnout -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(47)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(49), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(51), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(51), RedFrt-Def(51), RedFrt-EndRdx(51)
Level 1: Supremacy 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(9)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 1: Punk 
Level 1: Arsonist 
Level 26: Bruiser 
Level 14: Enforcer 
------------

I even take a "dead" epic power so I can get Ice Armour (cos Ice Armour will let me slot the Resist set uniques for 6% more Def)

Edited by Carnifax
Wrong Knockback proc in Bruiser, we want the damage one :)
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Gauntlet_Prime said:

I have been on a MM kick lately making all sorts of alts.  For me the one that has been pretty sticky is a thug/poison.  I think of him as a drug dealer with a gang.  He has been pretty wild.

Yeah Thugs/Poison is a very nice combo.  The bruiser is so useful as an anchor for a lot of stuff.  

That is also why I am adding Thugs/Sonic to the mix.  You can put on Disruption and Repulsion (with a KB to KD) and things get knocked on their butts enough your Bruiser remains safe and your Thugs/Enforcers can shoot and fire bomb at their leisure.

47 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

Without wanting to disrupt the thread, like this.

Reveal hidden contents

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Thugs
Secondary Power Set: Traps
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Chill Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Call Thugs -- ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(A), SprMarofS-Dmg(3), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(3), EdcoftheM-PetDef(5), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(5), HO:Nucle(7)
Level 1: Web Grenade -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 2: Caltrops -- PstBls-Dam%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(39), JvlVll-Dam%(40)
Level 4: Combat Teleport -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(13)
Level 6: Teleport Target -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(7)
Level 8: Equip Thugs -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 10: Acid Mortar -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(11), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(11), RechRdx-I(13), TchofLadG-%Dam(31)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(9)
Level 14: Call Enforcer -- HO:Nucle(A), TchofLadG-%Dam(15), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(15), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(17), ShlBrk-%Dam(17), SlbAll-Build%(19)
Level 16: Force Field Generator -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(19), DefBuff-I(29), Ksm-ToHit+(31)
Level 18: Gang War -- SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(A), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(23), SvrRgh-PetResDam(37)
Level 20: Poison Trap -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(25), GldNet-Dam%(25), NrnSht-Dam%(27), RechRdx-I(27), Lck-%Hold(36)
Level 22: Empty Clips -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Acc-I(39)
Level 24: Fold Space -- RechRdx-I(A), Acc-I(29), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 26: Call Bruiser -- HO:Nucle(A), ExpStr-Dam%(33), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(33), Dmg-I(33), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(34)
Level 28: Seeker Drones -- Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(A), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(34), Artl-Dam/Rech(34), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(40), Artl-Acc/Dam(40), Artl-Dam/End(42)
Level 30: Triage Beacon -- NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(36), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(36), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(37), NmnCnv-Heal(37), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(43)
Level 32: Upgrade Equipment -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Trip Mine -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(45), Arm-Dmg(45), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(46), Arm-Dam%(46)
Level 38: Flash Freeze -- Acc-I(A)
Level 41: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42), DefBuff-I(49), GldArm-3defTpProc(50), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(50)
Level 44: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(45)
Level 47: Burnout -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(47)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(49), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(51), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(51), RedFrt-Def(51), RedFrt-EndRdx(51)
Level 1: Supremacy 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(9)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 1: Punk 
Level 1: Arsonist 
Level 26: Bruiser 
Level 14: Enforcer 
------------

I even take a "dead" epic power so I can get Ice Armour (cos Ice Armour will let me slot the Resist set uniques for 6% more Def)

Thanks for the insight.  I'll study this more as I need to re-spec soon.

Necro/Thermal - I had a lot of fun with this, even though I've yet to take it to 50 (thanks to alt-itis). But flaming zombies was super fun to watch. Plus the global resist IO's + thermal shields pushed Zombies resistance way up. They were super tanky and on fire. 

Demons/Kin - My Demons/Kin was fun too. Probably not the most effective build, but watching the Demons go berserk was amusing. Plus Demons have decent survival buffs which made /kin as a secondary decent.  

• Like 1