Energy/Energy Sent Build Request

Soupadelic

I am a returning Coh vet, but new to homecoming. I have noticed lots of changes from back when I played and was wondering if I could get some help in slotting my sent so It fits my playstyle. I would like Flight and stealth abilities and not to worry about endurance shortages  , Currently at level 50 with a few Incarnates{ not sure if I am on the right ones but feedback will be appreciated as I do not remember this aspect from  my Coh days). I also have several enhancements that I remember being helpful like KB to KD for my offensive powers,  5x LotG recharge, Numi Cov, and PE. 

Not really familiar with Energy Armor, tbh, but I do love my Sentinels.  Most Sents I've played seem to be pretty energy efficient, particularly if you slot them with procs/globals like Panacea, Numinas Convalescence, Performance Shifter, etc.

My current fave is my Fire/Regen, though that's perhaps an unfair example, as regen has so many powerful tools to tackle endurance issues.  I really can cycle my attacks, over and over again, and almost never run out of endurance, though.  I know people like to bag on Sentinels, but I couldn't be happier with mine.  :classic_biggrin:

On 4/20/2021 at 6:18 PM, Soupadelic said:

if I could get some help in slotting my sent so It fits my playstyle. 

Don't over think it.  There are a number of directions you can take which can all be valid choices.  Without knowing more, the best you can hope for is pretty generic advice. 

On 4/20/2021 at 6:18 PM, Soupadelic said:

I would like Flight and stealth abilities and not to worry about endurance shortages

No reason you can't have these two pools.  I'd highly recommend Fighting too for Tough and Weave, but you don't *need* them.  Same goes for Speed to get Hasten.  These are all just quality of life powers that can help support a goal, whatever yours is.  

Energy Aura and Energy Blast are both pretty straight forward sets.  So here goes with some really general advice on both: 

Energy Aura; find some set you can afford that appeals to you.  You really only need the Defense, Defense/End, and Defense/End/Recharge to get a good balance of cost reduction and coverage.  You could also use a Defense/Recharge for a slightly higher defensive boost if the minor end benefit of the triple IO isn't worth it to you.  Slot this way for all your defensive powers.  Add 4+ slots only if you are going for specific set bonuses beyond that range.  Some defensive sets have very good bonuses between 4-5 and very few are worth going all 6 slots.  

A key to managing endurance with Energy Aura is keeping Energize up as much as possible.  Energize has a 30 second duration and a 90 second downtime.  You can make this effect permanent with high enough global recharge.  However, for the sake of simplicity, using 2 slots with 2 generic level 50 IOs is a good start.  You could boost those IOs to +4 each and have 11 seconds of downtime.  Power Drain can could then fill the gap.  You may eventually feel that dumping Power Drain is comfortable, but I'd at least start a build with it.  It can be a nice effect to leverage. 

On top of the use of Energize/Power Drain, endurance-related procs are also great.  Panacea, Numina, Miracle, Performance Shifter, etc...  Your Accolades will also help.  You have to go out of your way to not be swimming in endurance with Energy Aura.  

Use 2 slots in your resistance passive or toggle (Kinetic Dampening or Power Armor) for the two +3% global defense IOs (Steadfast and Gladiator's Armor).  That's a nice +6% to everything that stacks with all your other powers and bonuses.  

That's it for Energy Aura.  You don't need to slot Entropy Shield and in general your slot use can be around 3 for everything else.  Follow the advice above to get within mid 20% to low 30% to all damage types except for Psionic.  Weave with at least 3 slots, like the above, and a generic level 50 IO in Hover will get you into the 30% to low 40% range.  You can close the rest of the gaps with very specific build plans, but you're getting real close to near softcaps.  

Energy Blast;  If you slot two of your attacks with both of the Sentinel archetype origin sets at the purple quality (Superior is the title) then you're going to hit upper 30% on Smashing, Lethal, and Negative defenses (your weak points).  Turning on Stealth will push you just over 40%.  Minimal slotting on Stealth should get you low 40's on nearly every type but Psionic.  

Easy peasy.  

Attack wise, you can skip Power Blast.  You should keep Power Bolt due to its Opportunity effect.  If you're still in a lower recharge build, then take everything else.  

If you skip Power Blast in Energy Blast, and Overload in Energy Aura you will still have room to take the following: 

- Stealth 

- Fly

- Hover 

- The new Evasive Maneuvers

- Boxing or Kick 

- Tough

- Weave 

You'll have 1 free power pick left.  

Done.