Camera not rotating

gypsyav

I've got a weird bug. The camera no longer rotates around the character. I've tried the mouse, the keyboard, changing the defaults to other keys, none of it has worked. I can still move the camera up and down and zoom in and out but I cannot rotate the camera around the character.

Try checking and reloading the related TXT files and see if that does it. Then check to make sure you don't have some 3rd party app deciding to control keybinds like the logi app.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I have no 3rd party keybinding apps on my computer and have not installed anything new since the last time it worked. I only noticed a problem after the last update to the game.

No settings were changed between when it worked last and when it stopped working.

Camera rotate does not work with either the mouse or the keyboard. 

Things I tried before posting. (not necessarily in this order)

Game was restarted after each attempt with no change.

1: Reset all keybinds to original and renamed the keybinds.txt file

2: Renamed the options.txt file

3: Disabled then re-enabled mouse look in options

4: Changed the key camera rotate is bound to

5: Changed toons to make sure it wasn't just an issue with the one

6: Created a new toon

7: Rebooted the computer

8: Re-validated the game files

9: Checked to make sure keyboard and mouse are functioning properly. The only thing that does not work in game, or out, is the camera rotate.

I tried it with both the right and middle mouse buttons and different keys on the keyboard with the same result. No rotation. 

Okay, after more testing I think it's the Mouse Look that's the issue. Camera rotate works if I hold the mouse or keyboard button down and a movement key to change the direction. I just can't move the camera around with the mouse.

• Lead Game Master

Hello! Looking at your post history, it appears that you're using Wine to run the game - there's currently a bug some of the later versions that's causing this, along with similar behaviour in other games, which you can take a look at here: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=50969

The issue appears to have recently been resolved; my guess is that the fix will be rolled out eventually, but until then, you might have better luck with an older version of Wine, such as 6.4 if you're using the development version.

• Thanks 1

Interested in supporting Homecoming? Consider applying to become a Game Master!

4 hours ago, gypsyav said:

Thanks for this, I should have suspected it was wine. I've been using wine so long without any issues to speak of I sometimes forget to check that when it's an issue with only one program.

Yeah, would have never guessed that right off the bat, but I guess I never asked what OS you were running either.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)