Is there an alternative to travel powers creating a popup tray?

Jeneki

For reasons discussed here, I have my power tray at the top of the screen.  This has an interesting side effect with the new travel power popup tray:

(as an example) When I turn on SuperSpeed, the popup tray with Speed Phase pops up.  Since this would put the popup tray off the top of the screen, it instead pushes the entire power tray down to make space.  Now when I turn SuperSpeed off, sometimes the power tray shifts back up to its original position (top of the screen), sometimes it stays in the new pushed down position (slightly lower than top of screen).  I can do some additional testing if requested, to see if I can figure out what causes the tray to move back up vs staying down.

Note that this also happens on missions that have temp powers that create the popup tray.  Since these are relatively uncommon though, I never really thought about it until now where it happens every time I use a travel power.

What I'm wondering is if there could be an OPTION (all caps because some people tend to not understand what the word "option" means) these extra powers be placed as regular powers, without the popup tray.  Similar to how Kheldian shapeshifting used to be back on live, where the unavailable powers were just grayed out.  I would rather not have any popup trays from travel powers if possible.

In any case this is probably a lower priority as there's a simple fix to not having my trays pushed around: just move them down a bit.

• Like 1

Null the Gull in Pocket D already offers an option to prevent Travel Power extra trays from appearing.  He also does this for Kheldian transforms.

This won't hide bonus trays for other powers though, like the Shivan event or warping between First and Night Ward.

• Like 2

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

8 minutes ago, Jeneki said:

Awesome.  Glad to hear someone already though of this.

Thank you!

You'll want to do whatever opens the extra tray and drag the power in it out of the tray first, or it becomes much harder to get it into a tray afterward.

• Like 1

In fact, you never ever need the pop-up tray in the first place.  You can pretty much turn it off by default, if you wanted too.

As soon as you turn on one of these travel powers with an extra pop-up tray power, the extra power shows up in your normal power listing to drag to any of your regular trays.

One thing that might be neat though, is if the pop-tray could be it's own un-dockable tray that you could place anywhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Teirusu said:

One thing that might be neat though, is if the pop-tray could be it's own un-dockable tray that you could place anywhere.

Or if you could put macros there -- for example, with Mystic Flight, put things like /macro Zoom "powexeclocation up:max Translocation" into the tray with Translocation, so it would only be visible when you could use it, rather than taking up space all the time.