May 2021 Donations & Finances

Cipher

• City Council

Hello everyone, and Happy Homecoming Anniversary! Today marks two years since Homecoming started and it still amazes me how active and supportive the community is after all this time. We cannot thank you all enough for your continued support, we just hope that you’re enjoying the game and the updates that we put out.

Now, as usual, a quick reminder that there are more ways to support Homecoming than just through donations. For a general overview of the different ways you can help Homecoming, check out this thread.

We’re always in need of more people to help test upcoming updates on our public beta server; the bug reports and feedback that we receive from testers helps us immensely. For more information on how to get started on the beta server, check out our Read This to Get Started thread and the rest of the Beta Forums.

Additionally, if you have Discord Nitro then please consider using a Nitro server boost on our public Discord server. Maintaining over 30 Nitro boosts gives all of our members new and enhanced features on the server including additional emojis, a higher upload limit, better voice chat quality, and our vanity URL. Click here to read more about Server Boosting. We’re currently at 37 boosts and will lose our Level 3 perks if we drop below 30 for more than a few days. We greatly appreciate everyone who has put their Nitro boosts towards our Discord server!

April 2021 Breakdown

Last month we accepted $6,065.63 in donations, $26.07 over our target for the month. As always, the remainder is put towards the next month’s expenses.

Here is the breakdown of what March’s funds went towards:

• $4,645.44 for our hardware infrastructure from OVH
    • + $3.00 for additional failover IP addresses
  • $1,224.72 to pay the latest invoice from our primary legal counsel
  • $121.57 for our Google G-Suite services
  • $25.00 for our Air instance from Paperspace
  • $10.00 for our Atlassian Jira (Cloud) service
  • $9.73 for security / administration software
  • $8.56 for the AWS EC2 instance serving our email

image.png.f25e5d980af57b4e92dc4cf9d218cad8.png

May 2021

We have two 2-year domain renewals coming up in early May at a cost of $20.00 per domain. Otherwise, there are no additional charges for the month.

The donation target for May 2021 is $4,832.20. Here is a breakdown of how the funds are allocated:

• $4,645.44 for our hardware infrastructure from OVH
  • $121.57 for our Google G-Suite services
  • $40.00 for domain renewals
  • $25.00 for our Air instance from Paperspace
  • $10.00 for our Atlassian Jira (Cloud) service
  • $9.73 for security / administration software
  • $8.56 for the AWS EC2 instance serving our email

Our donation system will be open as of the time of this post with a donation target of $4,832.20 and will automatically close once that target is met.

As always, thank you for all of the support!

- The Homecoming Team

• Like 1

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

im in

• Like 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

Done, Dunn and Dughn.

Donations open for 36 minutes and we're at 85% of goal with 144 people donating, FANTASTIC!

Nice Job Folks!

Edited by Marine X
  • Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

I want to give special thanks and recognition for the developers this month.

Back in March they wowed me with the color tintable "slide power",

but now they have taken it a step further with a massive travel power overhaul!

Because of this, I am doubling my contribution this month.

Great job team!

• Like 1

• Cipher unpinned and unfeatured this topic