Jump to content

Energy/Energy Main Looking for Build Feedback


Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone, 

 

Through long searching and playing various ATs/builds (since the early days or this game), I've finally settled on a main (maybe only) toon. 

I've been working on this build for a while. Learning a lot from these forums. 

My Goals were to take advantage of high recharge (A la Mad King), without sacrificing defense. 

  • I opted not to take Hasten, instead relying on set recharges and procs. 
  • I also didn't take build up, instead using Aim on a high recharge and having the build up proc in Tactics.
  • I only took the melee attacks for set bonuses. I'm not a big fan for melee in this game. Though the occasional Power Thrust is hilarious/awesome! 
  • I tried opting for Toggles over Clicks. Energize is on Auto taking care of any endurance issues. I prefer to have a less busy playstyle. As is I'm still having to often click Aim and Power Boost.

 

I'm looking for feedback from build experts out there. I've also seen a few people ask for an up to date Eng/Eng build. So this can be there for others too.

 

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Flatline: Level 50 Science Blaster
Primary Power Set: Energy Blast
Secondary Power Set: Energy Manipulation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Force Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Power Blast -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(7)
Level 1: Power Thrust -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(42), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Mk'Bit-Dam%(48)
Level 2: Energy Torrent -- ExpStr-Dmg/KB(A), ExpStr-Acc/KB(7), ExpStr-Dam%(9), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(9), PstBls-Dam%(11), FrcFdb-Rechg%(11)
Level 4: Super Speed -- Clr-Stlth(A), Clr-RunSpd(25)
Level 6: Power Burst -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(23), FrcFdb-Rechg%(23)
Level 8: Sniper Blast -- ExcCnt-Acc/Dmg(A), ExcCnt-Dmg/EndRdx(25), ExcCnt-Dmg/ActRdx(27), ExcCnt-Dmg/Rng(27), ExcCnt-Dmg/Rchg(29), FrcFdb-Rechg%(29)
Level 10: Energy Punch -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(46)
Level 12: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(19)
Level 14: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(15)
Level 16: Energize -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(17), NmnCnv-Heal(17), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(19), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(34)
Level 18: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 20: Kick -- Acc-I(A)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36), UnbGrd-Max HP%(43)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(39), Rct-Def/EndRdx(39)
Level 26: Explosive Blast -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(34), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(34), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(36), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(31), Rct-Def(45)
Level 30: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(31), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(50), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(50), GssSynFr--Build%(50)
Level 32: Nova -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(36), Arm-Dmg(37), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(37), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(39)
Level 35: Personal Force Field -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 38: Power Push -- VllofVlc-Acc/KB(A)
Level 41: Temp Invulnerability -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-RechRes(42), GldArm-RechEnd(43), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(45), GldArm-ResDam(46), GldArm-3defTpProc(48)
Level 44: Aim -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A)
Level 47: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Boost Range -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(13)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(15)
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Clarion Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Robotic Drones Core Superior Ally 
------------

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like you built it well to be at S/L res cap and nearly capped ranged defence. 

Wondering about your power picks -- is your playstyle hover blaster?  I see hover and afterburner, but wondering why superspeed is there too.

What do you like having powerboost for?  the KB increase or the slight defense boost? 

If I were to only pick one out of two between build up and aim, it'd be buildup for the extra damage.

 

Energize is really good at reducing end consumption.  So much so that my two /nrg blasters don't need to slot out stamina nor use miracle / other recovery procs.  So those two slots you have in health & stamina could probably be put elsewhere without causing end problems.

 

In terms of being less clicky, have you thought about devices or martial as a secondary?  those have +dmg / +acc as toggles/passives.  I know /nrg is great though so if ya wanna roll with that, more power to you,

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm mostly hover blasting. Though, the defense values are high enough that I don't really need to. Especially because Diamagnetic gives the -5% to hit.

 

Super Speed is there with the Stealth IO. That gives perfect Stealth. I wanted this build to be Exemplar friendly. So I can stealth missions at level 4. 

 

Power Boots definitely isn't necessary. I'm not sure what else to put there, Maybe Assault?  I use it for the defense bonus mainly. 

 

The reason I went Aim instead of Build up was for the perception increase. 

 

Good point on Energize! I didn't know if it would be enough. Maybe I can use those 2 slots in Power Push and get another 2% ranged defense. 

 

I sure have looked at devices! It wasn't an easy choice between the two. I just though Energize is too good to pass on... The occasion Power Thrust also feels so good and super heroic!

Edited by Flat Line
Link to post
Share on other sites

What I would do, power boost can boost your to hit against to-hit debuffs and buff your defense too so I'd keep it. Tactics will solve your perception issues and you can fit that in relatively early.

 

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 49 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Energy Blast
Secondary Power Set: Energy Manipulation
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Force Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Power Bolt -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(11)
Level 1: Power Thrust -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(13), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Mk'Bit-Dam%(34)
Level 2: Energy Torrent -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(3), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(3), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(5), Dmg-I(5), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(7)
Level 4: Build Up -- EncAcc-ToHit/Rchg(A), EncAcc-ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(49)
Level 6: Power Burst -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(37), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40)
Level 8: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(34), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(34), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), StnoftheM-Dam%(36), Dcm-Build%(42)
Level 10: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 12: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 14: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(15), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(15), Ksm-ToHit+(17)
Level 16: Energize -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(17), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(19), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(23), NmnCnv-Heal(25), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(25)
Level 18: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(19), WntGif-ResSlow(46)
Level 20: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(21), Rct-Def/EndRdx(21), Rct-ResDam%(23)
Level 22: Tactics -- EncAcc-ToHit(A), EncAcc-ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(45)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Explosive Blast -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(27), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), Ann-ResDeb%(29), Ann-Acc/Dmg(33)
Level 28: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(31), ShlWal-Def(31), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31)
Level 32: Nova -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(42), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Arm-Dam%(43), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(43)
Level 35: Personal Force Field -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 38: Bone Smasher -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(40)
Level 41: Temp Invulnerability -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), HO:Ribo(45), ResDam-I(45)
Level 44: Force of Nature -- Ags-ResDam/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(46), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Energy Punch -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(47), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(47), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Mk'Bit-Dam%(48)
Level 49: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 49: Quick Form
------------

 

Also, a slowed blaster is a dead blaster. I don't like hover but it's your build. I did cram in enough slow resist so that you can at least move around faster after you waste a breakfree on a web-nade, or if you are grounded in a slow patch/caltrops field/etc...

Edited by Nemu

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Nemu said:

What I would do, power boost can boost your to hit against to-hit debuffs and buff your defense too so I'd keep it. Tactics will solve your perception issues and you can fit that in relatively early.

 

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 49 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Energy Blast
Secondary Power Set: Energy Manipulation
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Force Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Power Bolt -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(11)
Level 1: Power Thrust -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(13), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Mk'Bit-Dam%(34)
Level 2: Energy Torrent -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(3), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(3), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(5), Dmg-I(5), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(7)
Level 4: Build Up -- EncAcc-ToHit/Rchg(A), EncAcc-ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(49)
Level 6: Power Burst -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(37), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40)
Level 8: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(34), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(34), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), StnoftheM-Dam%(36), Dcm-Build%(42)
Level 10: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 12: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 14: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(15), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(15), Ksm-ToHit+(17)
Level 16: Energize -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(17), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(19), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(23), NmnCnv-Heal(25), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(25)
Level 18: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(19), WntGif-ResSlow(46)
Level 20: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(21), Rct-Def/EndRdx(21), Rct-ResDam%(23)
Level 22: Tactics -- EncAcc-ToHit(A), EncAcc-ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(45)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Explosive Blast -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(27), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), Ann-ResDeb%(29), Ann-Acc/Dmg(33)
Level 28: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(31), ShlWal-Def(31), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31)
Level 32: Nova -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(42), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Arm-Dam%(43), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(43)
Level 35: Personal Force Field -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 38: Bone Smasher -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(40)
Level 41: Temp Invulnerability -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), HO:Ribo(45), ResDam-I(45)
Level 44: Force of Nature -- Ags-ResDam/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(46), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Energy Punch -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(47), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(47), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Mk'Bit-Dam%(48)
Level 49: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 49: Quick Form
------------

 

Also, a slowed blaster is a dead blaster. I don't like hover but it's your build. I did cram in enough slow resist so that you can at least move around faster after you waste a breakfree on a web-nade, or if you are grounded in a slow patch/caltrops field/etc...

 

Thanks, that's a nice build!

 

I like the 'chance for build up' in snipe. And the '- resist' in Explosive Blast also seems like a really good idea!

 

Good point about the slow resist, so I added some in with 'Winter's Gift' in Fly. I dropped the +Max HP from Tough to do it. But I think that might be a better tradeoff.

 

Adding the procs lost me 0.7 in Smashing/Lethal Resistance, but upped my defense slightly. 

 

Here's where I'm at:

 

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Flatline: Level 50 Science Blaster
Primary Power Set: Energy Blast
Secondary Power Set: Energy Manipulation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Force Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Power Blast -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(7)
Level 1: Power Thrust -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Mk'Bit-Dam%(15), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(42), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 2: Energy Torrent -- ExpStr-Dmg/KB(A), ExpStr-Acc/KB(7), ExpStr-Dam%(9), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(9), PstBls-Dam%(11), FrcFdb-Rechg%(11)
Level 4: Super Speed -- Clr-Stlth(A), Clr-RunSpd(25)
Level 6: Power Burst -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(23), FrcFdb-Rechg%(23)
Level 8: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), StnoftheM-Dam%(27), Apc-Dam%(27), Dcm-Build%(29), FrcFdb-Rechg%(29)
Level 10: Energy Punch -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(46)
Level 12: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(19)
Level 14: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(15), WntGif-ResSlow(43)
Level 16: Energize -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(17), NmnCnv-Heal(17), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(19), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(34)
Level 18: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 20: Kick -- Acc-I(A)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(39), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(39), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(48)
Level 26: Explosive Blast -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(34), Ann-ResDeb%(34), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(36), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(31), Rct-Def(45)
Level 30: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(31), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(50), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(50), GssSynFr--Build%(50)
Level 32: Nova -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(36), Arm-Dmg(37), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(37), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(39)
Level 35: Personal Force Field -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 38: Power Push -- VllofVlc-Acc/KB(A)
Level 41: Temp Invulnerability -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-RechRes(42), GldArm-RechEnd(43), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(45), GldArm-ResDam(46), GldArm-3defTpProc(48)
Level 44: Aim -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Boost Range -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Clarion Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Robotic Drones Core Superior Ally 
------------

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not very familiar with NRG/NRG, since I play Archery/Ice, but wanted to chime in on that Aim vs. Build-up point:  I tend to favor build-up over aim when building, as neither grant perception on their own, and both can slot the +perception IO (and, except in very rare situations, the +damage is more important than the +to-hit).

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Akisan said:

Not very familiar with NRG/NRG, since I play Archery/Ice, but wanted to chime in on that Aim vs. Build-up point:  I tend to favor build-up over aim when building, as neither grant perception on their own, and both can slot the +perception IO (and, except in very rare situations, the +damage is more important than the +to-hit).


Thanks!

I didn’t know they take the same sets. With set bonuses and Tactic, I’m not too worried about accuracy.

That’s a simple swap on this build 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flat Line said:

I'm mostly hover blasting. Though, the defense values are high enough that I don't really need to. Especially because Diamagnetic gives the -5% to hit.

 

Super Speed is there with the Stealth IO. That gives perfect Stealth. I wanted this build to be Exemplar friendly. So I can stealth missions at level 4. 

 

Power Boots definitely isn't necessary. I'm not sure what else to put there, Maybe Assault?  I use it for the defense bonus mainly. 

 

The reason I went Aim instead of Build up was for the perception increase. 

 

Good point on Energize! I didn't know if it would be enough. Maybe I can use those 2 slots in Power Push and get another 2% ranged defense. 

 

I sure have looked at devices! It wasn't an easy choice between the two. I just though Energize is too good to pass on... The occasion Power Thrust also feels so good and super heroic!

 

Hover's still nice on nrg blast so that you knock them down to the ground instead of back.  

 

If stealthing low level missions is important and you think it'll come up often, then all good.  On my flier I can usually get by with just a stealth IO in a prestige sprint and fly by the ceiling to avoid detection... unless it's a purple cave.  

 

I think if you are capped at range def and hoverblasting, yeah, power boost isn't doing too much for you.  Might be nice to click for a def boost in a 'this is gonna hurt' situation... but otherwise not something to click every time it's up. 

 

Build-up is just too good to skip on a Blaster though... front-loading damage is an important tactic.  Build-up, Aim, Nova, and less of the mob is going to be getting back up tell you their opinion on being Nova'd.   I'd value it over super speed,  power boost, or power push in your build.   My two cents.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Flat Line said:

Looking at MIDs Aim and Build up are giving the same damage increase. But it looks like Aim gives a bigger To Hit bonus. 

Am I missing something here? Or is MIDs incorrect?

 

My Mids shows -- Buildup: +20% tohit, +100% damagebuff.  Aim:  +50% tohit, +62.5% damagebufff.

You can look at the powers' numbers in greater detail if you chose 'Data View' - hit control-D when hovering the mouse over a power.  Quite helpful for when the little summary box doesn't tell you everything you need to know.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, nebber said:

 

My Mids shows -- Buildup: +20% tohit, +100% damagebuff.  Aim:  +50% tohit, +62.5% damagebufff.

You can look at the powers' numbers in greater detail if you chose 'Data View' - hit control-D when hovering the mouse over a power.  Quite helpful for when the little summary box doesn't tell you everything you need to know.

 


Thanks, those numbers make more sense. Also, makes the argument for Build up easy.

 

Something is still off with my mids. I was looking on the damage output of Nova. It increased by the same amount wether I had Aim or Build up on... But, I know mids can be buggy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flat Line said:

Something is still off with my mids. I was looking on the damage output of Nova. It increased by the same amount wether I had Aim or Build up on... But, I know mids can be buggy.

 

My guess is:  Mids thinks you are at damage cap with either aim or buildup, because if you have the yellow dots 'on' in sniper blast and tactics, then it is assuming the +DMG procs in those attacks are active in calculating your damage.  100% base damage + 127% dmg in Nova enh (including Intution Alpha effect) +100% decimation chance for buildup + 100% dmg Gaussians chance for buildup + 10.5% dmg Leadership Assault + 10% dmg Assault Core Embodiment + whatever other global dmg bonuses you have from sets = a number close enough to the 500% damage cap for blasters, so that either the +62.5% of Aim or +100% of buildup takes you to the cap.

 

In reality, the chances of both procs being active at the same time are very, very low.  Those procs only last 5 seconds each when they fire.

 

If you untick both those yellow buttons, it should show Nova doing 250 dmg as you've slotted it, with incarnates active.  Then 302 damage with Aim active, and 333 with Buildup active.  Both Aim and Buildup active, 385 dmg. 

 

The thing is with those +DMG procs, you have very little control of when they land, especially the Gaussian's in tactics.  It might be in the middle of blasting, it might be between mobs.  I'd suggest that you take both Aim and Buildup, and have the gaussians proc in aim instead of tactics.  If the proc fires when you hit aim, then you have a whopping +162.5% dmg for those first 5 seconds.  And you are ready to use it, because, if you just popped aim it is with the intention of making your next few attacks hit harder.  Your +perception IO can sit in Tactics where it's always on.

 

Having both Aim and BU gives you options.  Big mob you really want to take out quickly - pop both.  Moving quickly from mob to mob - alternate aim / BU as they recharge.  Get tohit debuffed like crazy?  Then having Aim in addition to BU will be your ticket to smackdown that annoying debuffer.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks nebber, 

You were right about the damage cap! I just verified it.

 

I also agree with what you're saying: Having control to front load Aim and Build Up or divide them over multiple spawns. I was trying to minimize clicks. But, I think in this case it could be worth it. 

I started shying away from clicks when I had Hasten on Auto. And then trying to constantly click: Energize, Aim, Build Up, Boost Range, and Power Boost. I was also clicking those powers more often than I needed to because of such high recharge...

All in all, I think 2 clicks for Aim and/or Build up should be manageable. Boost Range is for a pretty rare situation (I'm wondering if Assault would be a better choice?). 

 

Here's where I'm at right now:

 

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Flatline: Level 50 Science Blaster
Primary Power Set: Energy Blast
Secondary Power Set: Energy Manipulation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Force Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Power Blast -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(7)
Level 1: Power Thrust -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Mk'Bit-Dam%(15), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(42), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 2: Energy Torrent -- ExpStr-Dmg/KB(A), ExpStr-Acc/KB(7), ExpStr-Dam%(9), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(9), PstBls-Dam%(11), FrcFdb-Rechg%(11)
Level 4: Super Speed -- Clr-Stlth(A), Clr-RunSpd(25)
Level 6: Power Burst -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(23), FrcFdb-Rechg%(23)
Level 8: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), StnoftheM-Dam%(27), Apc-Dam%(27), Dcm-Build%(29), FrcFdb-Rechg%(29)
Level 10: Energy Punch -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(46)
Level 12: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(19)
Level 14: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(15), WntGif-ResSlow(43)
Level 16: Energize -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(17), NmnCnv-Heal(17), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(19), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(34)
Level 18: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 20: Kick -- Acc-I(A)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(39), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(39), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(48)
Level 26: Explosive Blast -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(34), Ann-ResDeb%(34), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(36), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(31), Rct-Def(45)
Level 30: Build Up -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(31), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(50), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(50), GssSynFr--Build%(50)
Level 32: Nova -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(36), Arm-Dmg(37), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(37), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(39)
Level 35: Personal Force Field -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 38: Power Push -- VllofVlc-Acc/KB(A)
Level 41: Temp Invulnerability -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-RechRes(42), GldArm-RechEnd(43), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(45), GldArm-ResDam(46), GldArm-3defTpProc(48)
Level 44: Aim -- AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(A)
Level 47: Tactics -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A)
Level 49: Boost Range -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Clarion Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Robotic Drones Core Superior Ally 
------------

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Elia87 said:

Why pick the force mastery APP and not say, Soul or something else?


I really like Personal Force Field.
   It’s a nice ‘Oh Shit’ power.

   I use it to tank. Or gather mobs for a Nova.

   I also like to ‘Stealth’ to the end of missions.

   Being able to be as invulnerable as possible for as long as you want is just really nice to have.

   Also a luck of the gambler slot (so I don’t need something like Vengeance, because I’m trying to minimize clicks).

 

Temp Invulnerability is also a nice resistance shield. It’s also costume friendly.

 

I liked the powers in both Ice and Fire. There are some nice controls in there. But I dislike the look of them. And while Bonfire is really good, it takes a little to long to set up. And just going through my regular attack cycle seems to be better.

 

I think if I were in melee more, scorpion shield would be good.

 

I haven’t tried Soul. Though it seems very popular. I think the main reason being I’d have to go into melee more often. And it would be more clicks before an attack. With Aim and Build up, I’m already at 1 or 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Aim and build up come way too late. Those are really useful early game when your acc/damage enhancement values are lowered due to exemping and when your defenses aren't mature yet. Dead things don't hit back. You can alternate these every or every other group and give yourself a nice damage/acc boost.

 

Pro-tip: Activate aim/build up on your way over to mobs, not when you are ready to engage. Play this game long enough and you'll get a sense of map layout and where the next mob will be. If you are clicking aim/build up when you get to the mob in preparation for the alpha strike then prepare to nuke corpses.

 

Your over-emphasis on procs on the AoEs means they have very low acc and they are slotted below ED values for damage, and you picked up aim/build up/tactics late. Which means if you ever exemp and starting doing +4/8 on a team you are sitting at 60ish% chance to hit on those AoEs. That's a tad low for my tastes. I typically build for 95% chance to hit against +4s with tactics turned on. I suppose this doesn't matter if you don't plan to exemp.

 

3 piece explosive strike is a poor way to get ranged defense if it means not being able to enhance your damage close to the ED cap, the proc is nice, but with a 12 base recharge cone it won't be consistent. Sticking the FF proc is always recommended because the trigger provides so much value, a damage proc though, for this power, not so much. I tend not to proc monster powers that recharge in 10 seconds or less if it means I can't enhance it to the ED damage cap or get a useful set bonus from other options.

 

6 slots for 2.5% range defense is a terrible deal. Outside of the blaster defiant barrage ATO set I would not pursue the 2.5% range defense at 6 slots unless I'm absolutely at my last resort. There are other cheaper and more slot efficient ways to get range defense.

 

I don't see the point of power push, it's recharge is too short to be even a proc mule, and even as a proc mule there's no ACC slotting. I'd take a melee attack instead and put a full set of makos in for 3.75 range defense. That's a much better investment for 6 slots than slotting either aim or temp invuln.

 

I don't like splitting off the PVP and reactive defense uniques as single slot wonders. Both those sets offer +HP at 3 slots. My typical way of slotting is Weave - 1 LOTG7.5 and 3 piece Gladiator Shield with the unique, Manuevers - 1 LOTG7.5 and 3 piece reactive defense with the unique. You get full ED enhancement values out of both powers and a nice +hp bonus.

 

You are also trying too hard on the S/L resist cap. With blaster HP 75% S/L resist vs 60ish% will mean very little to your overall survival. That difference is inconsequential if you are facing trash mobs, and inconsequential when you go against the hard stuff. When you get hit hard you are still going to pop a green by reflex, that 9-10% extra resist won't be a game changer.

 

I'm also assuming you are willing to invest in this build on account of the winters, purples and PVP sets. I'd get a overwhelming force KD IO in either explosive or energy torrent.

 

I tuned your build. It's much more slot efficient and much more exemp friendly. You offense and defense will both be 90% mature by level 30, as that is how I like to build all my characters. It also has 50% slow resist and a faster hover. I prefer power boost to boost range, but you can pick whatever for the level 49 slot.

 

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Science Blaster
Primary Power Set: Energy Blast
Secondary Power Set: Energy Manipulation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Force Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Power Bolt -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(7)
Level 1: Power Thrust -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(9), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(9), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Mk'Bit-Dam%(11)
Level 2: Energy Torrent -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), Bmbdmt-Dam(13), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(15), ExpStr-Dam%(15), FrcFdb-Rechg%(17)
Level 4: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A), Clr-Stlth(49)
Level 6: Power Burst -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(27)
Level 8: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(17), FrcFdb-Rechg%(19), Dmg-I(19), StnoftheM-Dam%(21), Dcm-Build%(21)
Level 10: Build Up -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A)
Level 12: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 14: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(40), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(40), Ksm-ToHit+(42)
Level 16: Energize -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(27), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(29), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(29), NmnCnv-Heal(31), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(31)
Level 18: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(40)
Level 20: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), HO:Ribo(42), ResDam-I(46)
Level 26: Explosive Blast -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(34), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), Ann-ResDeb%(36), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(36), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(33), ShlWal-Def(34), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(31), Rct-Def/EndRdx(33), Rct-ResDam%(33)
Level 32: Nova -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Arm-Acc/Rchg(37), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Dam%(39), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(39)
Level 35: Personal Force Field -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 38: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 41: Temp Invulnerability -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(42), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43), RctArm-ResDam(43), UnbGrd-Max HP%(43)
Level 44: Energy Punch -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(45), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Mk'Bit-Dam%(46)
Level 47: Bone Smasher -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(47), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(47), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Mk'Bit-Dam%(48)
Level 49: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 49: Quick Form
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 50: Portal Jockey
Level 50: Task Force Commander
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion
------------

 

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nemu said:

Aim and build up come way too late. Those are really useful early game when your acc/damage enhancement values are lowered due to exemping and when your defenses aren't mature yet. Dead things don't hit back. You can alternate these every or every other group and give yourself a nice damage/acc boost.

 

Pro-tip: Activate aim/build up on your way over to mobs, not when you are ready to engage. Play this game long enough and you'll get a sense of map layout and where the next mob will be. If you are clicking aim/build up when you get to the mob in preparation for the alpha strike then prepare to nuke corpses.

 

Your over-emphasis on procs on the AoEs means they have very low acc and they are slotted below ED values for damage, and you picked up aim/build up/tactics late. Which means if you ever exemp and starting doing +4/8 on a team you are sitting at 60ish% chance to hit on those AoEs. That's a tad low for my tastes. I typically build for 95% chance to hit against +4s with tactics turned on. I suppose this doesn't matter if you don't plan to exemp.

 

3 piece explosive strike is a poor way to get ranged defense if it means not being able to enhance your damage close to the ED cap, the proc is nice, but with a 12 base recharge cone it won't be consistent. Sticking the FF proc is always recommended because the trigger provides so much value, a damage proc though, for this power, not so much. I tend not to proc monster powers that recharge in 10 seconds or less if it means I can't enhance it to the ED damage cap or get a useful set bonus from other options.

 

6 slots for 2.5% range defense is a terrible deal. Outside of the blaster defiant barrage ATO set I would not pursue the 2.5% range defense at 6 slots unless I'm absolutely at my last resort. There are other cheaper and more slot efficient ways to get range defense.

 

I don't see the point of power push, it's recharge is too short to be even a proc mule, and even as a proc mule there's no ACC slotting. I'd take a melee attack instead and put a full set of makos in for 3.75 range defense. That's a much better investment for 6 slots than slotting either aim or temp invuln.

 

I don't like splitting off the PVP and reactive defense uniques as single slot wonders. Both those sets offer +HP at 3 slots. My typical way of slotting is Weave - 1 LOTG7.5 and 3 piece Gladiator Shield with the unique, Manuevers - 1 LOTG7.5 and 3 piece reactive defense with the unique. You get full ED enhancement values out of both powers and a nice +hp bonus.

 

You are also trying too hard on the S/L resist cap. With blaster HP 75% S/L resist vs 60ish% will mean very little to your overall survival. That difference is inconsequential if you are facing trash mobs, and inconsequential when you go against the hard stuff. When you get hit hard you are still going to pop a green by reflex, that 9-10% extra resist won't be a game changer.

 

I'm also assuming you are willing to invest in this build on account of the winters, purples and PVP sets. I'd get a overwhelming force KD IO in either explosive or energy torrent.

 

I tuned your build. It's much more slot efficient and much more exemp friendly. You offense and defense will both be 90% mature by level 30, as that is how I like to build all my characters. It also has 50% slow resist and a faster hover. I prefer power boost to boost range, but you can pick whatever for the level 49 slot.

 

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Science Blaster
Primary Power Set: Energy Blast
Secondary Power Set: Energy Manipulation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Force Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Power Bolt -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(7)
Level 1: Power Thrust -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(9), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(9), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Mk'Bit-Dam%(11)
Level 2: Energy Torrent -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), Bmbdmt-Dam(13), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(15), ExpStr-Dam%(15), FrcFdb-Rechg%(17)
Level 4: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A), Clr-Stlth(49)
Level 6: Power Burst -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(27)
Level 8: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(17), FrcFdb-Rechg%(19), Dmg-I(19), StnoftheM-Dam%(21), Dcm-Build%(21)
Level 10: Build Up -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A)
Level 12: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 14: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(40), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(40), Ksm-ToHit+(42)
Level 16: Energize -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(27), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(29), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(29), NmnCnv-Heal(31), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(31)
Level 18: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(40)
Level 20: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), HO:Ribo(42), ResDam-I(46)
Level 26: Explosive Blast -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(34), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), Ann-ResDeb%(36), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(36), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(33), ShlWal-Def(34), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(31), Rct-Def/EndRdx(33), Rct-ResDam%(33)
Level 32: Nova -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Arm-Acc/Rchg(37), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Dam%(39), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(39)
Level 35: Personal Force Field -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 38: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 41: Temp Invulnerability -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(42), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43), RctArm-ResDam(43), UnbGrd-Max HP%(43)
Level 44: Energy Punch -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(45), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Mk'Bit-Dam%(46)
Level 47: Bone Smasher -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(47), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(47), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Mk'Bit-Dam%(48)
Level 49: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 49: Quick Form
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 50: Portal Jockey
Level 50: Task Force Commander
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion
------------

 

 

 

Thanks Nemu!

 

I really like what you've done with it!

Any reason for Power Bolt over Power Blast? I figure with a high recharge build it's better to go for the higher damage? Are you looking at the short cast time?

 

Putting the melee powers at the end also makes a lot more sense.

 

You're also right that I neglected the Accuracy. I was a little too focused on only Damage, resistance, and Defense!

 

 

I made a switch between Power Bolt and Power Burst and added Winters Bite to maintain the defense bonus and pick up another Force Feedback Proc.

 

 

I also wanted to keep Power Push in there. It's not a deal breaker to loose it, but swapping with one of the melee attack was the only place I saw. Maintaining the deffense, but loosing 5% resistance and 3% damage buff... Not sure if it was worth that..

 

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Flatline: Level 50 Science Blaster
Primary Power Set: Energy Blast
Secondary Power Set: Energy Manipulation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Force Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Power Bolt -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(7)
Level 1: Power Thrust -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(9), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(9), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Mk'Bit-Dam%(11)
Level 2: Energy Torrent -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), Bmbdmt-Dam(13), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(15), ExpStr-Dam%(15), FrcFdb-Rechg%(17)
Level 4: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A), Clr-Stlth(49)
Level 6: Power Burst -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(25), FrcFdb-Rechg%(27)
Level 8: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(17), StnoftheM-Dam%(19), Dmg-I(19), Dcm-Build%(21), FrcFdb-Rechg%(21)
Level 10: Build Up -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A)
Level 12: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 14: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(40), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(40), Ksm-ToHit+(42)
Level 16: Energize -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(27), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(29), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(29), NmnCnv-Heal(31), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(31)
Level 18: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(40)
Level 20: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), HO:Ribo(42), ResDam-I(46)
Level 26: Explosive Blast -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(34), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), Ann-ResDeb%(36), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(36), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(33), ShlWal-Def(34), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(31), Rct-Def/EndRdx(33), Rct-ResDam%(33)
Level 32: Nova -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Arm-Acc/Rchg(37), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Dam%(39), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(39)
Level 35: Personal Force Field -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 38: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 41: Temp Invulnerability -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(42), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43), RctArm-ResDam(43), UnbGrd-Max HP%(43)
Level 44: Power Push -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(45), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Bone Smasher -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(47), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(47), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Mk'Bit-Dam%(48)
Level 49: Boost Range -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Robotic Drones Core Superior Ally 
Level 50: Clarion Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
------------

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bolt over blast because of the cast time. In the end it's your pick. I prefer the T1, some others like the T2.

 

Power push does no damage, I figured if you want that 3.75% defense you might as well put it into a power that does damage. Makos offer better overall bonuses than thunderstrike but it's your pick, the net defense is the same.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nemu said:

Bolt over blast because of the cast time. In the end it's your pick. I prefer the T1, some others like the T2.

 

Power push does no damage, I figured if you want that 3.75% defense you might as well put it into a power that does damage. Makos offer better overall bonuses than thunderstrike but it's your pick, the net defense is the same.

 

Yeah, I was just playing around some more with it. 

I think keeping the extra Mako is better. 

 

I'm thinking of Power Push instead of Power Boost or Boost Range. 

Using Intuition instead of Musculature, I could still get a 20% range boost. But 33% damage instead of 45%. Though it seems if I'm using Aim and Build up I'm capping damage anyways.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my version.

 

So far it is only level 45, but it feels very promising in game. A few remarks:

 

- Inspired buy my Elec/Shield stalker, I choose to use Spring Attack. I am pretty happy with this choice. Spring attack has a triple effect: softening the mobs a bit, knocking them down, and applying the -res proc very reliably. I then apply Nova. Spring Attack is really fun when used from hovering above the mobs, the blaster looks like a dive bomber.

 

- So my first AOE attack chain is Spring Attack + Nova. When Nova is on cooldown, I use my second AOE attack chain: Repulsion Bomb + Explosive Blast + Energy Torrent. It takes longer to kill mobs this way and can require some kiting or hovering. But it is an alternative to waiting for Nova to be up again.

 

- I choose to cap ranged defense only. I have another build with capped S/L on top of ranged, but feel it gives up too much in recharge. Recharge is I feel what I need the most with this character.

 

 

Cobalt Man - KB to KD.mxd

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, FlammeFatale said:

Here is my version.

 

So far it is only level 45, but it feels very promising in game. A few remarks:

 

- Inspired buy my Elec/Shield stalker, I choose to use Spring Attack. I am pretty happy with this choice. Spring attack has a triple effect: softening the mobs a bit, knocking them down, and applying the -res proc very reliably. I then apply Nova. Spring Attack is really fun when used from hovering above the mobs, the blaster looks like a dive bomber.

 

- So my first AOE attack chain is Spring Attack + Nova. When Nova is on cooldown, I use my second AOE attack chain: Repulsion Bomb + Explosive Blast + Energy Torrent. It takes longer to kill mobs this way and can require some kiting or hovering. But it is an alternative to waiting for Nova to be up again.

 

- I choose to cap ranged defense only. I have another build with capped S/L on top of ranged, but feel it gives up too much in recharge. Recharge is I feel what I need the most with this character.

 

 

Cobalt Man - KB to KD.mxd 5.23 kB · 2 downloads


 

I hadn’t really considered repulsion bomb!

I could slot it instead of a melee attack at the end of the build. I like the idea of using it when Nova is down.

 

I played the last version of the build last night. It feels a little sluggish compared to my normal build. I don’t think I ever noticed the +rech proc stacking. And it didn’t seem to proc all that often. Pretty disappointing really.

 

I think I might have to go back to the drawing board. Maybe even have to pick up Hasten which I was trying to avoid...

Edited by Flat Line
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

Be aware that the chain (Repulsion Bomb + Explosive Blast + Energy Torrent) is not huge DPS compared to Spring Attack + Nova.  But it is still better than nothing. Usually I insert a snipe in the middle.

 

Else I just dinged 50 and I have my doubts about Force of Nature. I don't like the stamina drop at the end. It is possible to alleviate it with Energize. But one must not forget to use Energize while Force of Nature is on. For the moment I'll keep it, but it is a question mark. I could replace it with a last LOTG mule. Or maybe I'll keep it. 

 

The +rech proc. If you mean the Force feedback one, I also have my doubts about it. I used it on other toons and I noticed that one is far from enough. It tends to proc when one doesn't need it and not to proc when one needs it .  Also , Mids is misguiding. The recharge numbers in Mids assume that the proc is always on, which is very, and I mean very very, far from reality.

 

I guess to make it work, one would need at least 3 in a main attack chain. Which I guess is not feasible with most characters. In the energy/energy blaster case, I don't see where I could fit 3 FF procs in an attack chain that makes sense. And also, too much would be given up (KB to KD, -res proc...).

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, FlammeFatale said:

Hello,

 

Be aware that the chain (Repulsion Bomb + Explosive Blast + Energy Torrent) is not huge DPS compared to Spring Attack + Nova.  But it is still better than nothing. Usually I insert a snipe in the middle.

 

Else I just dinged 50 and I have my doubts about Force of Nature. I don't like the stamina drop at the end. It is possible to alleviate it with Energize. But one must not forget to use Energize while Force of Nature is on. For the moment I'll keep it, but it is a question mark. I could replace it with a last LOTG mule. Or maybe I'll keep it. 

 

The +rech proc. If you mean the Force feedback one, I also have my doubts about it. I used it on other toons and I noticed that one is far from enough. It tends to proc when one doesn't need it and not to proc when one needs it .  Also , Mids is misguiding. The recharge numbers in Mids assume that the proc is always on, which is very, and I mean very very, far from reality.

 

I guess to make it work, one would need at least 3 in a main attack chain. Which I guess is not feasible with most characters. In the energy/energy blaster case, I don't see where I could fit 3 FF procs in an attack chain that makes sense. And also, too much would be given up (KB to KD, -res proc...).

 

 


I’m currently running with 4 in my attack chain. (Snipe, Burst, Explosive Blast, Torrent). It doesn’t seem to proc nearly enough. 
It also makes you want to rush. Because if you aren’t fighting, it’s not proc-ing. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, FlammeFatale said:

I choose to use Spring Attack. I am pretty happy with this choice. Spring attack has a triple effect: softening the mobs a bit, knocking them down, and applying the -res proc very reliably.

 

I played with spring attack on my rad/nrg blapper and found out there is a longstanding bug where it is not counting damage enh + dmg procs (see below), so I respeced out of it.  Did you know about this?

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...