Is there Guide to Marketing?

Sapphire Lotus

I am returning to the game, I enjoy farming and still do it, but its not as good as it was. assumed there was nerfs at some point. I have never played the market nor done anything like it, how hard is it to get into? is there a guide on what to do? Is it incredibly tedious? 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Sapphire Lotus said:

I am returning to the game, I enjoy farming and still do it, but its not as good as it was. assumed there was nerfs at some point. I have never played the market nor done anything like it, how hard is it to get into? is there a guide on what to do? Is it incredibly tedious? 

There are LOADS of them.  I’ve been meaning to make a master list of guides on the Guide or the Market forum, so I’ll get on that.

• Thanks 1

Who run Bartertown?

• 2 weeks later

Thanks.  I am such a market noob.  All I know is to check the ah house prices and see if it sells for more than it vendors.   I see people mention crafting and selling and/or converting,  but I don't have a list of what I should craft and sell or if I should just sell the recipe.    There are so many recipes how do I know what todo with one of the them out of the hundreds? 

13 hours ago, SmalltalkJava said:

Thanks.  I am such a market noob.  All I know is to check the ah house prices and see if it sells for more than it vendors.   I see people mention crafting and selling and/or converting,  but I don't have a list of what I should craft and sell or if I should just sell the recipe.    There are so many recipes how do I know what todo with one of the them out of the hundreds? 

In general you’ll almost always make more money crafting a recipe and converting the result to something of higher value.  I honestly can’t think of but a few exceptions where you are stuck with something that won’t let you convert within type to flip the rarity.

Likewise, some of the cheaper recipes to build are the travel ones that allow low build costs and usually a single converter flip within type to a Rare and then a few more converters to get that travel rare into another category to land on an IO worth a minimum of 1MM.

White recipes are the only ones I vendor sell.  Of course once you’ve got your nest eggs maxed out across several toons you may just get bored of the tedium and start selling all your recipes for expediency.  But knowing how much I’m typically giving up I keep crafting and selling anyways, usually between missions, while waiting for League to form etc.

One small exception for me are the Defense sets.  There are times when Red Fortunes and Reactive recipes are selling for more than the crafted IO versions of same.  This is usually because so many players buy those to convert into LOTG’s.  I generally craft and keep all Defense IO’s since I need them for my alts anyways.  But often worth a quick market check to see if you could make more selling the recipes.  A few other recipes that are prime converter fodder share this behavior also.