Ninjitsu / Crits

DaeHanMusa

Hope all is well, folks.

Quick "Crit" question with Nijitsu's (stealth attack, forgot name):

1. Is the potential bonus for ANY attack (ST, AOE...)?

2. What happens to MA's (Eagle's Claw) and it's "high" chance of Crit?

Thanks in advance.

Shinobi-Iri!

1. Yes, its a global increase to crit chance, area attacks included! 

2. Not sure, I think it does stack? In mids, Eagle Claw power list as increasing 'GlobalChanceMod ECCritMod' for Player/Small/Large by 33%, and Shinobi-Iri lists GlobalChanceMod PlayerCrit, MLCrit, BossCrit, Large, Small and CritPlayer by 75%. Give then different names, (ECCritMod vs just XCrit) That seems to be a global chance to hit enemies to crit more, and then a global chance for Eagle Claw specifically on its own. No idea if they stack additively, multiplicatively, if it takes the best, or what though.

The Alphabet Bunnies
Currently Building: Dark/Fire Tanker, Merc/Time MM

50 Bunnies: Alpha Bunny (Il/Rad Controller) Beta-Bunny (FF/BR Defender) Gamma-Bunny (Seismic/Stone Sent) Epsilon Bunny (Spines/Invul Scrapper) Theta Bunny (Willpower/Axe Tanker) Zeta Bunny (DB/EnA Stalker) Lambda Bunny (Bio/SvgM Tanker) Xi Bunny (Stone/Stone Stalker) Sigma Bunny (SR/KM Tanker) Upsilon Bunny (Shield/DM Tanker) Chi Bunny (Fire Farmer Brute) Omega Bunny (Claws/Ninja Scrapper) F - araday Bunny (Elec/Elec Defender)
50 Non-Bunnies: Darboux (Crab Spider) Invisible Icicle (Ice/Bio Stalker) Cooling-Tower (Rad/Ice Tanker) Ferrouscious Feline (Invul/WM Tanker) Bill the Yeti (SavM/Ice Stalker) Sally Salamander (Fire/MA Tanker) Blade Azure (Kat/EnA Scrapper) 

12 minutes ago, ExoGrimz said:

correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Shinobi-Iri applies to all attacks/damaging effects, where as Scrapper crits only apply to your attacks from your Primary Power Set

Scrappers can crit with their Epic pools, and some pools like Fighting can also crit.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

54 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Scrappers can crit with their Epic pools, and some pools like Fighting can also crit.

I did not know that (sad that we can't test Shinobi-Iri on Secondary Power Sets since I don't think Ninjutsu has a damage aura) XD

• Lead Game Master
1 hour ago, DaeHanMusa said:

1. Is the potential bonus for ANY attack (ST, AOE...)?

2. What happens to MA's (Eagle's Claw) and it's "high" chance of Crit?

Hey there, Shinobi-iri was updated with the i27 page 2 update (link below). I’m 99% certain that the bonus stacks with other crit chance bonuses.

3 hours ago, ExoGrimz said:

I did not know that (sad that we can't test Shinobi-Iri on Secondary Power Sets since I don't think Ninjutsu has a damage aura) XD

Please note the OP said Epic Pools, no Scrapper Secondary's have damage powers that can crit to knowledge.   That includes damage aura's like Blazing Aura or other damage powers like Burn, none of them can crit so I don't think adding a bonus chance would suddenly make it crit  (The scrapper ATO +crit chance doesn't).   Interesting that the Stalker version of Burn can crit though.

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Terminus said:

Please note the OP said Epic Pools, no Scrapper Secondary's have damage powers that can crit to knowledge.   That includes damage aura's like Blazing Aura or other damage powers like Burn, none of them can crit so I don't think adding a bonus chance would suddenly make it crit  (The scrapper ATO +crit chance doesn't).   Interesting that the Stalker version of Burn can crit though.

Well, you see, that is how Scrapper Secondaries interact with Scrapper crits... and, technically speaking, Ninjutsu is a completely separate mechanic. So you could argue that Scrapper Secondaries could benefit from Shinobi-Iri... if any of them could be used along side the skill in the first place XD

im not sure what the exact value of the 'very high chance' crit is but just consider it a neat mechanic while leveling that will otherwise be forgotten about at some point.  there is not often a good reason to wait around 8 seconds between packs of enemies especially given the power of the scrapper +50% crit chance ATO.  on the off chance critters are far apart you get a free crit.  its nothing to really plan around.

as others have stated, yes it works for AoE, single target... and also power/epic/patron pools... notably snipes and blaster AoEs.