Happy Pride!

June is Pride month, the world over! Why does the LGBTQ community need a whole month?

We need a month because, while you were dating & learning about love & sex in high school; we were afraid to look at who we were attracted to.

We need a month because of the catcalls, the drive-by "FAGGOT!", the rocks and fists thrown at us...

We need a month to remind us that we're human too. Just because we're different doesn't mean we're bad.

Happy Pride to everyone afraid to be themselves; everyone who was bullied; everyone who is derided for being yourself.

This year marks 50 years since the Stonewall Riots, one of the first events that ignited the gay liberation movement and the modern fight for LGBT rights in around the world

Every year I wonder what my CoH/CoV experience would have been like if I had been out back then. Who would I have met? What kind of adventures would I have had, would it have changed my gaming experience? The people I met through this game?

And what is Pride like in Paragon City? The Rogue Isles?

Regardless, Happy Pride to all my fellow Villains and Heroes!

Happy Pride, friend.  ;D

My early time in CoH actually helped me learn about who I was and helped me to come out.  I (literally) wouldn't be the man I am today without the lovely community on live.

As for Pride in Paragon and the Rogue Isles... I gotta say that would be quite a sight!  ;)

Pink Champagne (Emp/Rad)

Guide of Misguidance (Dark/Regen)

Not LGBTQA+ myself, but I have a fair few friends who are, so full love and support for our LGBTQA+ members here. Enjoy the game, and if you run into any of my characters (so far that'd be M2 Reborn, Girl Gadgeteer, Kiba no Doku, Silver Sorceress, Chrono-Master - a character inspired by a famously LGBTQA+-friendly British series, particularly in the last few seasons - or Infernal Shadelord, probably more to come) on Everlasting, don't be afraid to ask for a team (if you either are fairly low level or don't mind carrying, lol), or have a little RP session, or what-have-you, just be aware that if you want to RP with them/me I'm a bit out of practice, haven't RPed since sunset on Live servers.

Happy Pride month everyone!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

When you've lived your life having to hide who you are because of the threat of being ostracized, disowned by family, assaulted, or even straight up murdered for simply living, you deserve to celebrate and be proud when the world is finally reaching a point where it's safe to do so. You do you, boo. ;)

I have plenty of LGBT friends. They're all just likely to be wonderful people as straight CIS people. I've known wonderful people in the LGBT community and awful people. Which brings it to the simple truth: They're perfectly normal people.

And what is Pride like in Paragon City? The Rogue Isles?

Can't speak for Paragon, but in the VG I run on Everlasting, the Agents of Ruin, we've got multiple openly (and extremely) gay SG members. They're all great people and life would be less interesting without them around.

+1 for the big gay.

straight CIS people

For the record, 'cis' isn't an acronym, any more than 'trans' is. It's literally the opposite of trans in Latin. 'Trans' means 'across, on the other side from, opposite of', and 'cis' means 'the same, this side of'.

straight CIS people

For the record, 'cis' isn't an acronym, any more than 'trans' is. It's literally the opposite of trans in Latin. 'Trans' means 'across, on the other side from, opposite of', and 'cis' means 'the same, this side of'.

100% correct. There's no need to put 'cis' in all capitals, it's fine just as cis or Cis depending on your preference.  :)

Pink Champagne (Emp/Rad)

Guide of Misguidance (Dark/Regen)

straight CIS people

100% correct. There's no need to put 'cis' in all capitals, it's fine just as cis or Cis depending on your preference.  :)

Clearly they're talking about the Confederacy of Independent Systems.