Macro utility buffs

Two little things that I think would be nice for macros:

1. The ability to email them.

They show up on the tray like items. Wouldn't it be great if - say - someone in help said "I can't find the last X!" and you could drag your "Find" macro to email, send it to them and say "Put this in your tray, right click it, and change the last word - 'hostage' - to whatever you're trying to find?"  Even if these were only able to be emailed to an account, it'd be helpful. 

Obviously these wouldn't leave *your* tray when you do it.

2. A macro window.

Yes, there's pophelp. Yes, you can make a tray and stick them in it. But there's no real "macro management window." If you delete them from your tray, they're gone... but they're not, as respeccing proves, since they show right back up then in the middle of all the temp powers and other things.

So how about a macro window? One that, like the powers window, you can drag macros from and onto your tray (or, with suggestion 1, into email.) Or easily edit in one spot. Or perma-delete.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

15 hours ago, Greycat said:

drag your "Find" macro to email, send it to them [...] Obviously these wouldn't leave *your* tray when you do it.

W-wait a minute! This is dupin! JERK HACKIN! You want to make us gone to the americans!

Edited by Vanden
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later

Just noticed this.

My biggest reason for leaning away from macros and tutoring players on binds and UI tweaks instead is that macros are completely "glued on" to the overall user experience. There's zero support for them in the game or interface. Can't save them, can barely edit them, can't manage them as a unit, can't load them except by clumsy cut and paste. Can only give them distinctive icons with a very crude lookup-and-paste system.

They are useful elements, but the sheer mountain of hassles involved with creating and managing them make them a distant option when I need to customize my UI. A more integrated system of some kind, what you suggest or just some way to save/load them as with binds, windows, options, chat... that would be huge.

Edited by Shenanigunner

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com