Empathy

DocRadio

Empathy is neither here nor there, but if it's a set you really wanna play, I'd probably recommend it more on any other AT that gets the set (especially since MM's get the low end of the table in terms of buff/debuff percentages). It's not terrible, but its main focus is healing, which is nice, but reactionary, which is not the best way to help your pets. It's not horrible, but many of the other secondaries offer better support for your pets.

If you plan to team a lot, then empathy won't be as terrible, but if you're going to solo, you'll be fine, but probably a little slow since emp won't really help your pets deal more damage and/or debuff your enemies.

If you really want to go a healing/support route to your pets, I'd recommend Pain or Thermal instead as they have other useful goodies that actually benefit the pets.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Demons/Thermal is thematic, powerful, and solid. 🙂 

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Imo, Empathy isn't great. At lower levels, will just find yourself constantly healing and at times, it won't be enough to keep your pets alive. At higher levels, when players are IO'd, healing becomes less needed as a lot of people build to be self sufficient. Incarnate content, a good percentage of players will have Destiny powers which trumps a lot of powers Empathy has to offer.

Empathy's stand out power is Fortitude. Slotted aggressively for def, Fort will provide around +17% def to all types/positions. Get it's recharge down to less than 20s and it can be cycled through all pets with no downtime. I think Power Boost (Mace Mastery Ancillary Pool) will bump Fortitude's def for it's full duration (Though I've never tested this).

Empathy can work for any primary. Mercs would have the hardest time since they have no inherent def to stack with. Also they only have significant resistance to two damage types, S/L.

With perma Fortitude + pet unique IOs + Maneuvers + pet inherent + T2 pet powers... Bots, Thugs and Beasts would be softcap+. Ninjas would be around +39% to M/R and softcap+ to AoE. Fort would provide a nice layer of mitigation on top of Demons and Necro's resistances. I would pick based on playstyle. Safe on the sidelines then ranged pets; knee deep in Vahzilok feces then melee. Something in between then Thugs.

I feel an Emp MM's success depends on how attentive the player is. Fort every 20s, Clear Mind all pets every 90s, heal-heal-heal in between. Also tolerance when players say, "Fort me, not your useless pets!"

Fire/Emp Trollers can be pretty tough.

I am pretty sure all of the powers, with the exception of Rez, can be used on the Imps. Once you have the buffs applied you have 3 smoking balls of death running amuck while you lock things down.  Take the Fire Ancillary so you can toss Fireball around in the down time. 

Can't say enough good things about Smoke. Rarely have a stealth on a Fire Troller. Just slide by. Plus it helps them not hit you. 

Not as powerful as its cousin's Rad, Kin or Time but solid. 

And yes your Imps will draw way to much aggro but that's part of the charm. 

Slow ride to 32 solo  ☹ but thats not necessary. When you get there it is a beautiful flow of  almost controlled chaos. 

Plus when you team you have a host of tools at all levels to assist.