Upgrading IOs in tray, and not while slotted

Hi:

This is a QoL, nothing to fall on your sword stuff, it is just a step forward to the new IO enhancement GUI

There are times, I getting ready for a new alt, and I want to begin acquiring and prepping IOs to that end.

When I get an IO, I have two choices: Boost them up to +5 or Catalyst them to make them to attune them.

The suggestion, is just like I can do an enhancement conversion, perhaps I can have a new choice under enhancements in the enhancement tab in your tray, to give this three choices::

1) Manage, 2) Modify 3) Enhance

When you click Enhance, it opens a new GUI (same way modify does), and just like modify you drag from your inventory the IO to be enhanced to the upper part. On the side you have the choice to apply 1) Catalyst, 2) Boost+1, 3) Boost+5; also shown are you stocks of Catalysts and +1 boosters.

The GUI does not care the entering state of the IO, if had a catalyst already and you click +1 boost, you will lose the Catalyst (you should have been more careful, if this was not what you wanted), in the same vein you could have an IO already boosted by 2, and you click boost +5, you will still pay 5 +1 boosters and the GUI will behave as if the IO had none (Once more be careful with your choices), lastly if the original IO was IO boost +3 and you click Catalyst, the IO will be attuned and any boosters that it may had, will be lost.

By doing this a player can pre-enhance IOs for alts, without having to install and then remove with an enhancement unslotter, and also be able to change a boosted IO to attuned and reverse as well.

Just a QoL to make alt IO slotting more comfortable, also this has the benefit of removing influence off the game since the catalysts or boosters being destroyed during the exchange process are lost and usually valued as much as 1M influence each in AH.

Hugs

Sue

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, MsSmart said:

By doing this a player can pre-enhance IOs for alts, without having to install and then remove with an enhancement unslotter,

I believe that was the original intention for building it that way -- that the unslotters were the 'fee' to catalyze IOs for sale or transfer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, srmalloy said:

I believe that was the original intention for building it that way -- that the unslotters were the 'fee' to catalyze IOs for sale or transfer

Exactly.  I don't think the purpose of any of the enhancers (boosters/catalysts) were originally intended to make things easier for you to farm for your alts.  

Who run Bartertown?

21 hours ago, srmalloy said:

You believe or you know?

I thought the original intent for unslotters was to allow you to remove an IO and replace for another one, you may think it was more advantageous.

17 minutes ago, MsSmart said:

You believe or you know?

I thought the original intent for unslotters was to allow you to remove an IO and replace for another one, you may think it was more advantageous.

Do you believe what you want is what they originally intended?

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

COH bomp bomp: 

2 hours ago, MsSmart said:

You could always drag an enhancement from a slot to the garbage can icon, or just slap a new one in on top. Unslotters allowed you to keep the enhancement you were replacing. And before Homecoming linked categories in the consignment house, pulling your catalyzed IO out of a power with an unslotter, then replacing it with a regular IO and catalyzing it, was the only way to get attuned or Superior IOs to sell in the consignment house. So the cost of the unslotter was inherently part of the cost of putting attuned/Superior IOs up for sale.

• 2 weeks later
On 7/10/2021 at 4:58 PM, wjrasmussen said:

Do you believe what you want is what they originally intended?

I thought by using I thought, it was leaving room for uncertainty, and not a statement of fact, for I truly do not know what the devs truly had on mind or true purpose, it seemed Srmalloy  tends to concur with my thought, thus I am not alone with the chain of thought. I am curious, what is your belief?

Edited by MsSmart

On 7/9/2021 at 1:39 PM, MsSmart said:

By doing this a player can pre-enhance IOs for alts,

or just slot on the alt ?  Go to the combine screen, select boost, pop up box shows up and select hide warning, just click the icon 5 times until its done.  You don't even have to hit the combine at this point, its so easy as its automatic.

Catalyze...just put it on the character.  Use lower level version, slot, use catalyze.

Why go through the hassle of using a primary character to outfit a secondary character, just use the primary to gather what you need for the second.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer