Forced name change reason?

SuperPlyx

Not sure where to ask this but..

I am curious as to why I was forced to change a toons name today. I hadn't played him in awhile now and got this when I did:

screenshot_210713-09-12-24.thumb.jpg.217837986a7567c14cf25675d8c7b77e.jpg

To be clear I don't mind changing it. Just wondering why I had to ? What was wrong with Syx1 ? Which was Syx but 1 got added when I moved servers.  

Ok, I misunderstood how it worked. I thought the 1 added to the name it was the end of it.

So it basically gave me a free name change when I logged the character in for first time, that's actually pretty cool.

I moved this guy a couple of months ago and just forgot about him....which is why I didn't put 2 and 2 together.

Thanx Apparition 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SuperPlyx said:

Ok, I misunderstood how it worked. I thought the 1 added to the name it was the end of it.

So it basically gave me a free name change when I logged the character in for first time, that's actually pretty cool.

I moved this guy a couple of months ago and just forgot about him....which is why I didn't put 2 and 2 together.

Thanx Apparition 

Name changes are free in the character selector.  Click on the pen in the upper right (not the red delete one)

• Thumbs Up 1

If your character is ever renamed due to a violation of the Code of Conduct, then it will appear as "Generic#######" where the numerical value is . . . actually, I don't know.  Is it random, sequential, or is it an ID code?

In any event, if you ever find your character renamed to a Generic, then you should also receive an email from a GM explaining why.  If not, then users should contact the GMs in private to establish the reason and correct course of action to take.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

Not sure where to ask this but..

I am curious as to why I was forced to change a toons name today. I hadn't played him in awhile now and got this when I did:

screenshot_210713-09-12-24.thumb.jpg.217837986a7567c14cf25675d8c7b77e.jpg

To be clear I don't mind changing it. Just wondering why I had to ? What was wrong with Syx1 ? Which was Syx but 1 got added when I moved servers.  

Hey, love,

Awhile back the Devs implemented an automatic system that frees up names of inactive characters.

Said characters will get their names open to other people taking it. If another person takes said name, you will be forced to rename.

Here's the inactive character requirements:

Characters will be flagged as ‘inactive’ when the following time thresholds are met:

Level 1-5 characters will be flagged as inactive if they have not been played in the last 30 days

Level 6-20 characters will be flagged as inactive if they have not been played in the last 90 days

Level 21-49 characters will be flagged as inactive if they have not been played in the last 365 days

Level 50 characters will never be flagged as inactive

I assume this is what happened to yours.

Hope this helps!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Hartanna said:

Hey, love,

Awhile back the Devs implemented an automatic system that frees up names of inactive characters.

Said characters will get their names open to other people taking it. If another person takes said name, you will be forced to rename.

Here's the inactive character requirements:

Characters will be flagged as ‘inactive’ when the following time thresholds are met:

Level 1-5 characters will be flagged as inactive if they have not been played in the last 30 days

Level 6-20 characters will be flagged as inactive if they have not been played in the last 90 days

Level 21-49 characters will be flagged as inactive if they have not been played in the last 365 days

Level 50 characters will never be flagged as inactive

I assume this is what happened to yours.

Hope this helps!

Um... no, actually. If we look here:

Specifically, you're missing this bit from *right above* that:

23) What is this name release policy I've heard about? Is it in effect yet?

The name release policy is not yet in effect. Here's how it'll work once it is enabled:

So while that's the proposed system, it's not active.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

17 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Um... no, actually. If we look here:

Specifically, you're missing this bit from *right above* that:

So while that's the proposed system, it's not active.

Ohh, I thought it was.

I remember them saying it would likely be implemented in a few weeks, and that was years ago.

Pardon the mistake!

• Like 1

No worries. It's been there and talked about pretty much since then, but never implemented. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.