'Replaces Existing Effect' Question

roleki

I'm in the Q&A section of a Lunch & Learn, and as is usual in these situations, I find my thoughts drifting to the next character I am going to roll up  instead of whatever the hell it is these people are droning on about. 

Anyway, I'm browsing City of Data (thanks, @UberGuy!) trying to figure out what I want to pair up with Dark/.  In my head I am juggling between /Shield and /Willpower, but saw something in Willpower -> Rise to the Challenge that made me think an additional time.  Specifically, the -ToHit component of Rise to the Challenge is flagged as 'Replaces Existing Effect.'  

What I am looking to clear up is, does that replacement effect ONLY pertain to the -ToHit applied by Rise to the Challenge every 1s 'pulse' or does it also wipe out whatever -ToHit I was applying through Shadow Maul or whatever?  Would it negate someone else's Rise to the Challenge pulse?

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

Accelerate metabolism was a large reason for that change since once you stacked a few it snowballed quickly that you were at the damage cap and rech cap and needed very little else. Sure those teams were fun and you died alot and were back up and back to the caps a minute later but eh

On 7/23/2021 at 6:43 PM, Xenosone said:

Accelerate metabolism was a large reason for that change since once you stacked a few it snowballed quickly...

At least, barring rude circumstances. It's an extreme edge case, but I remember the original horrid lagfest Hamidon raid, where at one point my character had seventeen AM icons in her buff listing, and it was still taking several minutes for her T1 powers to recharge.