Bugged Tsoo mission - "retrieve Hong Snub Snoo" (or whatever)

Shenanigunner

So I am soloing my new squid (WS) and at 16 I get the Graham Easton mission "retrieve Hong Shub Snoo" (or whatever).

I run it. When I get to the last room I click on the glowie, obtaining my very on Hong Swub Ptoo (or whatever). And surprise, surprise, two "Enraged Tsoo" attack. I defeat one... and the other goes blue-reticle and proceeds to follow me around as I clear the room, his tornado swirling.

Can't complete mish. No foes, glowie clicked, enraged Tsoo following me around on hands and knees, generating a duplicate "me" arrow. A third "me" arrow and a foe arrow in the last room; nothing there. Exit and return; no change. Quit.

Run the mission again today, leaving the glowie for last. Two Enraged Tsoo show up. I beat one down, he turns blue, other one vanishes. Same bizarre result as above.

No, there were no remaining foes (it;'s a pretty small map). No, there were no more directives. No, the two phantom map arrows didn't represent anyone, downstairs or in the overhead crossover.

I finally just completed the mission.

Is this a squid thing I don't understand?

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

3 hours ago, Luminara said:

Click the blue Tsoo.  Dialog will ensue.

Nope. Tried every reasonable option both times.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Thump Up who else read in the Title (Hong Kong Pfui) by first Read? 🤣

Fenn – Hong Kong Pfui – fernsehserien.de

Greetings?

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

8 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

Nope. Tried every reasonable option both times.

I've done this mission multiple times, in my experience you can talk to the surviving enraged Tsoo after you beat him and he turns to blue reticle.  That's certainly the normal win condition of the mission, and it usually works.

Just as a data point that it's not universally broken.

6 hours ago, Random Hero-Guru said:

I agree, I've done it a number of times and you're supposed to talk to the Enraged Tsoo. I think the mission directive should even say so. Did you try talking to him before trying other options, like leaving?

Yep. After 50,000 missions, I know the ropes. The fundamental bug here seems to be that I couldn't click on the blue Tsoo. Twice. I will make a note to run this mish with my next lowbie.

My only additional thought here is that I was in squid form both times and didn't think to switch to hoo-man mode. Not sure if there is some bug with squid-clicking or if it was a case of the clicky box being obscured, oddly located or tiny because of my alt form.