Cannot get Boots to match body costume colours.

Jacktar

Hi, I do like to have some costumes in a uniform colour but can never seem to get the boots selections to match, even with colours linked set.

Am I chasng the rainbow or is this a know limitation of our costume designer system?

Thanks for any info or ideas, appreciated 👍

Color matching depends a lot on textures, like there is a matte tights selection, but boots only have shiny, you'll have to go with Flat on the feet to get colors to match up, etc.  If you are having specific issues, posting what you are using for bottoms will let people help figure out which boots can match up!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, _Kai_ said:

Color matching depends a lot on textures, like there is a matte tights selection, but boots only have shiny, you'll have to go with Flat on the feet to get colors to match up, etc.  If you are having specific issues, posting what you are using for bottoms will let people help figure out which boots can match up!

Depending on which boots you're talking about, it's not true that they only have a shiny option and that choosing Flat is your only way out of it (at least regarding female toons; I rarely make males). Many of the standard boots (Spiked, Stiletto, Finned, Large, Whatever the name of the default boot is, etc.) have options where instead of shiny leather, you can make them tights/matte.

But yes, @Jacktar, a lot of the color matching comes down to textures and the way each color shows on a texture. I've had numerous cases where I have to play with textures or just live with a color not quite matching because they didn't want to line up and play nice.

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

• 2 weeks later
On 7/22/2021 at 2:44 PM, Jacktar said:

Hi, I do like to have some costumes in a uniform colour but can never seem to get the boots selections to match, even with colours linked set.

Am I chasng the rainbow or is this a know limitation of our costume designer system?

Thanks for any info or ideas, appreciated 👍

Can you post a pic so we can help you out?  Maybe post a screenshot in the costume request thread for additional ideas...

The textures, while pretty, have been the bane of several of my costume designs... especially with jackets, robes, and shirts where I want to create new styles but the sleeve textures don't match up with the jacket, robe, or shirt I'm trying to work with.

• Thumbs Up 2