/Water Assault

SuperPlyx

Dominator Assault sets tend to be a port of 2 sets - a melee and ranged set from 2 different archetypes to pull attacks from both.

Water only exists as a blast set, there is no water melee, so creating a water assault set would be more difficult than say, the gunfu that people ask for with dual pistols/katana because all that already exists.

Currently on fire.

Honestly doms could use some more toys to play around with.  In terms of available power sets they get the shaft.  Control could use a few new powers and the dom assaults could get a few sets hashed out with current available powers.  You just need to have the proper synergetic powers to balance it with and add a unique powerboost/BU ability.  

I for certain want a whips assault since demons summoning has 3 ranged whip attacks ready made to be ported over.  Just need to find 3 melee attacks that synergize well with it, one of which being a pbaoe and then add in a strong ranged attack in either a snipe or something in place of it and then it's unique ability, then some filler ranged attack.  

Which in some cases you can already do with many more sets like dp/kitana for a weapon assault set and lots others.  

Edited by Mezmera

Illusion Control Dominators FTW!!

Also, if memory serves, there were a couple semi-finished control sets, Wind and Water Control, I remember seeing them in Mid's back in the day. Certainly, domis need a bit of love powerset wise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Being chased by a wasp is the most complete sport practice!

• 2 months later

Check out the thunderspy server, they have both wind and water control sets on controller and doms, a whips/sword Dom assault set, and Illusion as a Dom primary. Options are out there to update the game with powers and costume sets. I wouldn't expect to see any of these on homecoming anytime soon, though IMO it would be an awesome addition. 

I have played on that server and all those sets are as awesome as you'd expect. Would love to see them on here for sure. 

Edited by graeberguinn

4 hours ago, graeberguinn said:

Check out the thunderspy server, they have both wind and water control sets on controller and doms, a whips/sword Dom assault set, and Illusion as a Dom primary. Options are out there to update the game with powers and costume sets. I wouldn't expect to see any of these on homecoming anytime soon, though IMO it would be an awesome addition. 

I have played on that server and all those sets are as awesome as you'd expect. Would love to see them on here for sure. 

Yeah I have a Wind/Psychokinetic dom over there.  It's old Titan Weapons broken good.  

I'd love to see more power sets here but that's the more bureaucratic nature of HC compared to the freedom of just hashing something out on the other servers.  The potential for more hands to build more content is the draw to HC.  

Suggestions have been made on some assault sets.  I know I've made a Dual Pistols/Street Justice Assault set in the suggestion thread in the suggestion forum.

As for Water Assault.  It has plenty of abilities that can be turned into melee version of the attacks without really changing much.

Edited by BrandX

Wind was at least in the works and for a secondary they could do a reworking of KM as that has some ranged and melee attacks already.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."