Dual pistol sound effects

Koroe

Im a noob. Im an old noob at that so maybe I havent found my answer with the search or google so here goes....

I love playing dual pistol characters. Having said that, i find it hard playing them here in CoH because of the sound effects. To me, they seem bland, and to be honest, reaaly bad with good sound and headphones to the point of turning me off to the powerset.

I tried googling if there was a way to replace the default sounds with  the resistence dual pistol sounds or even the pistol sounds from the lost and found nadda.

If there isnt currently a way, i would respectfully request some Dev time to give this option. Ty devs for your time.

The sounds of this game used to be AMAZING! AoE Heals, and random toggle sound effects have been crushed due to people complaining. One aspect of the game we will never get back. So I am sure the reason behind this was that they were trying to find a sound people wouldn't complain about, sadly, they over killed it. They should have made these sound changes an option, sadly they did not. The people who complained got what they wanted, while ruining the experience for those of us who prefer powerful sounds.

Hopefully you find an answer to your question, sound with this game is a big issue for me, I would like to find a way to change, or at least bring back the complexity of sounds this game once had.

I'm with Logan D here - having a series of options between various contemporary and sci-fi sound sets would be cool. I'm not sure how much of a problem that would be to implement, but it would be cool.

As an afterthought and reading the replies.. I am not advocating getting rid of the current sound, just an option to be able to change them... IE maybe add the resistance gun models to the choice menu and with them, their sound effects. Something along those lines..

There is the option of altering the sounds yourself.

There's a guide on how to go about it in the archived forums.

I don't recall there being any posts pointing to the names of the specific DP sounds our their locations though.

EDIT: Did a quick search, here are the sound file names I've spotted so far for DP.

Weapons\DW_BulletHit_01.ogg

Weapons\DW_BulletHit_02.ogg

Weapons\DW_BulletHit_03.ogg

Weapons\DW_BulletHit_04.ogg

Weapons\DW_BulletHit_05.ogg

Weapons\DW_BulletRain_01.ogg

Weapons\DW_DualWield_01.ogg

Weapons\DW_EmptyClips_01.ogg

Weapons\DW_Equip_01.ogg

Weapons\DW_ExecutionersShot_01.ogg

Weapons\DW_HailOfBullets_01.ogg

Weapons\DW_PiercingRounds_01.ogg

Weapons\DW_Pistols_01.ogg

Weapons\DW_SuppressiveFire_01.ogg

Weapons\DW_SwapAmmo_01.ogg

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I have a better idea.

How about an alternate set of sounds (and maybe effects?) for Pistols that are CLEARLY meant to be ENERGY Guns? A sort of "Star Wars Pew Pew" style effect? We certainly have the gun models for such things.

On the other hand - that might require an entirely new powerset. But at least all the animations would already be there!

I mean we have assault rifle AND Beam Rifle. How about Dual Pistols and Dual Blasters?

Just a thought.

It would require an entirely new powerset to do so, but I'd be more than happy to have a spare clone set floating around with the bullet trails switched to glowing beams and some light laser sound effects to accompany them. Extra points if they could be color customized. That may be asking a lot though. Then again I'm the guy who just posted a proposal to clone MM powersets with alterations to the pet powers so they call different models since those are "baked in" to the powers, just so that we could have alternate MM minions, so I can't really say it's unreasonable as a request. Nor can I say it wouldn't make me roll a Dual Lasers blaster instantly, so ups from me!

There is the option of altering the sounds yourself.

There's a guide on how to go about it in the archived forums.

I don't recall there being any posts pointing to the names of the specific DP sounds our their locations though.

EDIT: Did a quick search, here are the sound file names I've spotted so far for DP.

Weapons\DW_BulletHit_01.ogg

Weapons\DW_BulletHit_02.ogg

Weapons\DW_BulletHit_03.ogg

Weapons\DW_BulletHit_04.ogg

Weapons\DW_BulletHit_05.ogg

Weapons\DW_BulletRain_01.ogg

Weapons\DW_DualWield_01.ogg

Weapons\DW_EmptyClips_01.ogg

Weapons\DW_Equip_01.ogg

Weapons\DW_ExecutionersShot_01.ogg

Weapons\DW_HailOfBullets_01.ogg

Weapons\DW_PiercingRounds_01.ogg

Weapons\DW_Pistols_01.ogg

Weapons\DW_SuppressiveFire_01.ogg

Weapons\DW_SwapAmmo_01.ogg

Umm ty again for your time. I read the post and understood the concept. Replacing a sound with silence(or another sound) doesnt seem to be too hard for the average person. For an old coot like me tho, Im pretty sure I would screw it up.

What I am saying is, that your suggestion, and its a good one, is out of my league. Maybe a change to DP is wishful thinking. Then again 7 years have gone and I wished CoH would come back.. and here we are.