Quick exemplar question

Aeroprism

Hello people.

Suppose a level 50 char is exemplared to 20, I understand that all powers that were unlocked 26+ will be unavailable (5 level wiggle room if I remember correctly) but what about slots and sets?  Are slots placed much later be invalidated as well? Are sets usually not available for such a level stop being useful even if they are slotted on a Pre-20 power?

Thanks!

Slots in those powers would still be available. Sets - get more complicated and I'll let one of the others answer (getting into bonuses, attuned, types of sets, etc.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Exemplaring is really TOO good, IMO.

You end up being way more powerful than someone at that level normally and it's mostly because of the way set bonuses can still be effective even if the power they are slotted in is disabled by exemplaring.   Even without that, you would still have the advantage of fully slotted powers and the sets that are in active powers, to say nothing of the five extra levels worth of powers.

Your character record on the server records what level you selected your powers at, but not when you placed subsequent enhancement slots. So even if you didn't put any slots into your level-1 powers until you were 45+, you'd still have the slots if you exemped to 1. Part of the reason for this is so that the order in which you slot enhancements is immaterial -- if you lost slots as well as powers, then if you exemped down to only have one slot in a power that you'd six-slotted, putting an End SO in that slot would disadvantage you compared to someone who'd put a Dam SO in the slot (remember, respecs predate IOs).