The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Rad Armour and Def slotting

Razor Cure

Just started a Rad?Rad brute and have some questions about the powers.

Irradiated Ground: This 'aura' still feels a bit odd too me. It doesnt seem to be always on, and after moving, it takes a few seconds to 'respawn' at your location. I tested it on the RWZ practice dummies, as well as even levels in SC, and there is NO 'to hit' check message coming up. Does the power need accuracy? As an aside, I wish some stuff was just flagged as auto hit! (Like Freezing Rain..you CAN slot it for acc, but it never misses as is).

Radiation Therapy: Same deal. Tested and no to hit check message..does it need acc?

Irradiated Ground has a 5s activation period listed, but it spawns a pseudo-pet with a 2s activation period.  The pseudo-pet has a self-destruct at 10s, so... fucked if I know how it works.  @oedipus_tex could untangle it.  It does look like it has regular hit checks, but the hit rolls might be showing in the pet hit rolls channel, not the regular hit rolls channel.

Radiation Therapy has a base 3.0 hit chance, meaning 225% base accuracy, so no, it doesn't seem to need Accuracy.

Freezing Rain can miss, but it has a sizeable Defense debuff.  That helps quite a bit.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 hours ago, Luminara said:

It does look like it has regular hit checks, but the hit rolls might be showing in the pet hit rolls channel, not the regular hit rolls channel.

Ooh! Maybe thats why. I dont think I had the pet to hit going.

It all just seems like a weird way to overly complicate or change a power type (damage aura) that really had zero need for changing. One thing I just noticed, runnnig SIlver Mantis. With a 'normal' damage aura (hell, even an aura like RTTC), those persky Engineers get tagged out of their FFG summoning. But with IrrGround? Uh huh, cause it somehow vanishes and resets when moving.

2 hours ago, Luminara said:

Radiation Therapy has a base 3.0 hit chance, meaning 225% base accuracy, so no, it doesn't seem to need Accuracy.

Thanks! Another thing..RadTherapy actually works with no targets around you at all. So, as you said..fucked if I know WHY it even has a base 3.0 to hit, cause wtf is it hitting with zero targets? lol

7 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

It all just seems like a weird way to overly complicate or change a power type (damage aura) that really had zero need for changing.

There's some neat tricks tied to the way IG works.

Procs proc twice as much as in a regular damage aura. This makes it an excellent candidate for both -RES procs and damage procs.

IG patches will still be dropped while you're phased/intangible, damaging enemies in the process. Take that, Longbow Ballistas.

8 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

Thanks! Another thing..RadTherapy actually works with no targets around you at all. So, as you said..fucked if I know WHY it even has a base 3.0 to hit, cause wtf is it hitting with zero targets? lol

It has several effects. 

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=brute_defense.radiation_armor.radiation_therapy&at=brute

Notice there are two lines for endurance (self only) and two lines for heal (self only).  Look over on the right and you see different icons.  The smaller effect stacks up to ten times.  The larger "replaces existing effect", which is a fancy way of saying it only happens once.  The larger one is the only thing you see if you hit nothing.  The smaller effects stack up for each enemy you hit.

There's also damage and debuff that happens on all enemies hit by the power.  So it's really nice it has a base 3.0 accuracy.

ETA: Actually, the other thing to notice is that the power hits YOU in addition to enemies.  That's why you get the one heal/end effect if you hit nobody.  Because you never hit nobody.  You always hit at least yourself since self is autohit on this power.  It's also why the target limit is 11, not 10.  It's so you can hit yourself and then 10 other enemies.  All the effects listed have to have a condition preventing damage and debuff from affecting you (!target.isFriend?)  It's weird... but it works.

Edited by ZemX
  • Thanks 1

On my Rad/Rad I do slot Irradiated Ground with accuracy and do not slot Radiation Therapy with accuracy.

10 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

One thing I just noticed, runnnig SIlver Mantis. With a 'normal' damage aura (hell, even an aura like RTTC), those persky Engineers get tagged out of their FFG summoning. But with IrrGround? Uh huh, cause it somehow vanishes and resets when moving.

Irradiated Ground is in Radiation Melee. You've got Beta Decay in Radiation Armor, which is an autohit taunt/debuff aura. Pretty sure it interrupts summoning.

6 hours ago, Uun said:

Irradiated Ground is in Radiation Melee. You've got Beta Decay in Radiation Armor, which is an autohit taunt/debuff aura. Pretty sure it interrupts summoning.

Oh it would. I just didnt have the power then!

9 hours ago, nihilii said:

Procs proc twice as much as in a regular damage aura. This makes it an excellent candidate for both -RES procs and damage procs.

IG patches will still be dropped while you're phased/intangible, damaging enemies in the process. Take that, Longbow Ballistas.

Those both seem like..'lucky' outcomes to making a power unique, rather than actual intended effets. I mean..NOTHING should be interacting with anything while you are phased, thats the entire point.