Servers at capacity

KrazieFox

Even with 2 servers they are both at capacity … maybe need to double it … even when we can get on, I am now getting constant Mapservers - practically unplayable.

Valiant effort by the team, and I genuinely do not believe they anticipated these kinds of numbers …

Just to note, am NOT complaining here - just pointing out … also want to say a huge THANK YOU for trying … but I think you need to find a way to generate some funds to increase the number of servers … if you can find a way for us to donate I am certain many of us would happily do so -

EDIT:  I believe Torchbearer just crashed  :(

We had like what, a dozen servers back then? It'll get there and likely scale with the community.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• Retired Game Master

Just to keep in mind - the devs budget to host is only limited! As much as i know people want to donate, the legal matters are there to halt that.

For now, to keep the servers from dying so often, they crushingly had to place some boundery to help avoid these issues.

Just for refrence, back in the day the server's had a limit of 1500 - we are hitting 4k, with less gear!

I understand the fustration, but over time we hope it resolves.

And thanks for the support =)

hexapixel_alpha.png

I waited in queue for half an hour to play on Excelsior when I was 570/580, and when I got done in the character creator, I got "DB Server" error and bounced back to login screen. Now when I try to get back in, there are 900 people waiting in line, so gonna take nearly an hour. . . with no guarantee that I won't get the exact same error when I try to play. I think I'll go read a book.

Just to keep in mind - the devs budget to host is only limited! As much as i know people want to donate, the legal matters are there to halt that.

I seriously don't understand this position. Lots of other emu's accept donations. I can provide you with links to several donation pages for EQ emulated servers.

As long as they are not required, donations don't get special treatment and the proceeds go to maintenance of the server, what's the issue?

• Thumbs Up 1