Macro problems

Good afternoon all

I have so far 2 macros, 1 to switch to squid and 1 to human, these are below

goto_tray 9$$powexec_toggleon dark nova

powexec_toggleoff dark nova$$powexec_toggleon shadow cloak$$goto_tray 1

for some unknown reason i keep finding that part way through playing 1 or both of these will shorten to just the goto tray command.

Any one know what i've done wrong?

Thanks in advance

Indomitable server

Atomitor, Tarquin, Atomito, Daltron, Fusebox and more tbc

Good afternoon all

I have so far 2 macros, 1 to switch to squid and 1 to human, these are below

goto_tray 9$$powexec_toggleon dark nova

powexec_toggleoff dark nova$$powexec_toggleon shadow cloak$$goto_tray 1

for some unknown reason i keep finding that part way through playing 1 or both of these will shorten to just the goto tray command.

Any one know what i've done wrong?

Thanks in advance

You're not crazy, the binds have been acting a little weird for me too in comparison to how they used to. It's not a lot and it's really subtle but, if you're like me and relied on one of the ones that's different or doesn't work anymore for whatever reason..... yeah, it's juuuuust noticeable enough.

The one I noticed was the quant/cyst/shard/dwarf/nova/sapper search. Back in the day I had it tied to my tab so it would automatically scan the room for all the normal baddies that give Khelds problems every time I targeted. I loved that bind because I didn't even have to think about running a search, it would just automatically go straight to that problem baddie lurking in the crowd for me.

But, when I first tried it here on Homecoming though, I worked on it for several days using every combination and command under the sun (several times in order to ensure I wasn't typoing any of it) but I just could not get it to work the way it used to no matter what I did.

I don't know if the changes got put in during live after I quit playing or if it's from i25 and yes, I was a little heartbroken at first. But, to be honest, it's just a teeny, tiny thing and given everything that folks had to go through in order to rescue the game for us, I decided not to quibble. Particularly since after some trial and error, I did get something workable going. It's not exactly what it used to be but, the new bindings work just fine too- I just needed to make some minor adjustments in my play style.

Besides, like I said, to me, it's like they saved the whole darned house after the company tried to level the neighborhood so, crying over a tiny stain in the carpet seemed a little petty. lol. But, no, you're not crazy, it does exist. ;)

To be more specific, yeah, I hit the attack-power-not-going-off-with-the-form-change problem too but I dumped the attack in my form change bindings and that seemed to work to get me changing forms and trays just fine. I figure at some point, I'll sit down and play around with how it works now and see if I can find exactly what's going on with it but, at the moment, I've decided to just enjoy being able to play the game again.

Hope someone gets it working like it used to though but, again, not going to keel over and die if they can't. lol.

I think that removing the shape change animation has messed up several of my binds. I had ones that would change me back to human, then toggle another power on. Without the animation, it attempts to activate the toggle too quickly; before it's actually available to be activated. That's my theory anyway....

• 2 weeks later

I've had that problem with macros, too. If I copy/paste it loses part of the macro or it adds a "%20" in that has to be manually removed (and, interestingly, when you Edit the macro, you may not see it, but when you hover over it and view it, there it is). Even when hand-typing in a macro, it sometimes saves with only the first 15 characters or so. Sometimes, I start the day with all my macros working fine and 20 minutes into playing suddenly my macros are limited to wherever the first "$$" is in the statement (this happens more than I'd like to admit). And, of course, this often means that all I'm doing is making a statement (I usually put emotes first) and the power I want to execute is not applying no matter how often I press the macro!

I don't know what to tell you, as I can't find a way to make sure everything stays saved and working correctly. But I would highly recommend once you get working macros to save them OUT of CoH into a file on your desktop so you can quickly reference them and re-type them (or take your chances with copy/paste).

"Take something you love, tell people about it, bring together people who share your love, and help make it better.  Ultimately, you'll have more of whatever you love for yourself and for the world." - Julius Schwartz, DC Comics pioneer, 1915-2004

I've noticed if an attack animation is still going on when you hit the detoggle it will sometimes not work, especially if you immediately queue another power. Other than that and maybe server lag, I don't know what to tell you.

I've experienced this particular one so far. It's a bit irritating but I guess I just have to not butterfinger my keyboard so much. I haven't played with that much in the way of binds before and certainly not with shapeshifting like this. I'm only using simple shapeshifting binds so far and haven't decided anything re: any macros.

• 3 weeks later

Here's my clunky solution.

I wanted macros in alt 1 2 3 that changed.

Instead I bound the big command to the keys and placed an empty macro in the slots the original key bind was pointing to so I didn't forget what did what.

I think the problem was me clicking other powers too quickly before the full macro had triggered thus somehow deleting the last command.This seems to only happen with macro not bind

Indomitable server

Atomitor, Tarquin, Atomito, Daltron, Fusebox and more tbc

• 1 month later

I have an extensive bindfile for my unique playstyle and squiddy form is bound to i (but this also happens when clicking the power).  Every time I go squiddy it opens an unnumbered tray with the 5 available attacks....can I make it stop that?  I don't want more than 2 trays open it obscures my view.  Thanks for your help!

11 hours ago, EmmySky said:

I have an extensive bindfile for my unique playstyle and squiddy form is bound to i (but this also happens when clicking the power).  Every time I go squiddy it opens an unnumbered tray with the 5 available attacks....can I make it stop that?  I don't want more than 2 trays open it obscures my view.  Thanks for your help!

Go find null the full in pocket D and ask it to turn that off. It's a seagull sitting on a truck near the villain entrance.

I sometimes get wierdness when using my bind to toggle off forms where if I hit it too quickly it will go to human, swap the tray, then toggle the form I was in back on, even though it is using the toggle off commands.  Odd but works find so long as I wait instead of hammering it.

On 8/19/2019 at 5:36 AM, rebussohal said:

I sometimes get wierdness when using my bind to toggle off forms where if I hit it too quickly it will go to human, swap the tray, then toggle the form I was in back on, even though it is using the toggle off commands.  Odd but works find so long as I wait instead of hammering it.

I've had that issue as well. But, just the opposite. Usually, I'm trying to change to Dwarf, I'll briefly flash to Dwarf then back to human, but my tray is setup for the Dwarf form.