Invincibility primary for tanks Idea

kmasfu20

Invincibility - Tank

First off, thanks for the hands on aissitance from GM-Impervium with a ticket. Something i was looking into is I love the idea of being "Invincible" I was wondering why Invincibility doesn't have a minor damage aura added to it to the actual ability does +(DEF (All but Psionics) +To Hit it would be nice if it had a +Minor DOT. That way I can use the +res all ATO proc in it like the other Tank primaries do, right now i have it in jab and its a pain to use jab three times in a row to proc the 18% bonus to resist all. If used on a damage aura I wouldn’t have to worry about it. The idealism is for example being hit with damage would bounce off and hit an enemy to resemble the ricochet effect. This would be perfect. 

• Like 1

I see your reasoning however jab is the fastest recharge to deploy x3 of the Res+all , haymaker or KB is ideal for the Tanker Absorb ATO proc based off of Mids Reborn. INV should have a work up, maybe even similar to how they adjusted for Sentinels. 

Edited by kmasfu20

7 minutes ago, kmasfu20 said:

I see your reasoning however jab is the fastest recharge to deploy x3 of the Res+all , haymaker or KB is ideal for the Tanker Absorb ATO proc based off of Mids Reborn. INV should have a work up, maybe even similar to how they adjusted for Sentinels. 

I would personally rather stick +Res where it’s reliable (Jab’s proc rate is way too low). I try to put that where it’s going to have a 90% proc rate. It’s more valuable and reliable as a proc than the absorb one, so I usually don’t bother trying to get the absorb off at all unless I can just put both procs in a damage aura. At 6 PPM and with added recharge enhancement, the absorb may not even go off at 90% in KO Blow. For the most part, I wouldn’t even use my T1 as a Tanker.

Actively using jab with 3 strikes guarantees the +Res All stacked 3 times every time. I am unsure how to prove this but this is my experience with my tank. Nothing else gets me 3 stacks fast enough than jab does with SS/INV. Its a slot mule for the ATO. This is basic slotting criteria. With the absorb proc yeah not a huge need but procs well with haymaker better with KB. I chose to Proc damage x4 in KB with ACC/DAM x2 Hami's instead. The Idea for this post, is to gain awareness that a change to Invulnerability would be nice to mesh well with updated Sets, with how old it is. If you were to compare the INV set for sentinels that would be amazing on a tank, however a reflecting chance of minor DOT to proc the Res+All would be amazing. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheZag said:

I thought invulnerability had a fairly easy time maxing out resistances.  Havent made one myself but i saw some other players builds and the numbers were impressive.  Maybe im remembering wrong.

Do a search for my name and "framework".
Gets you built pretty beefy

If you want to squeeze a bit more out, again, search my name and "Mo Durable".

• Thanks 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Invuln was my first 40 and first 50 when they increased the level cap. Since then I've had a lot of experience with invuln in general from back when Unyielding rooted you to the ground so you had to teleport around,sand Perma unstoppable, ED, IO's etc.

Invincibility is already really a strong pbaoe power in its own right especially when you have density. Since you're playing an Invuln/SS, I think it would be better if Handclap or Hurl were reworked into a pbaoe/taoe with some degree of damage added for Handclap. That would allow you to slot your +res proc easier and add some much desired aoe to a set that is overdue for a rework.