DA better for Brute or Tanker?

ivioin

I've played a fully-built Katana/Dark Brute and Dark/MA Tanker. There's the obvious stuff - the Brute does more damage, the Tanker is more survivable. But I enjoyed playing the Tanker significantly more than the Brute, at least once fully-built. Enjoyment is subjective, of course. I sped through the leveling on both, and it was a while back, so I can't speak much to that aspect of them.

Edited by Werner

21 hours ago, Werner said:

I've played a fully-built Katana/Dark Brute and Dark/MA Tanker. There's the obvious stuff - the Brute does more damage, the Tanker is more survivable. But I enjoyed playing the Tanker significantly more than the Brute, at least once fully-built. Enjoyment is subjective, of course. I sped through the leveling on both, and it was a while back, so I can't speak much to that aspect of them.

Why did you enjoy the tanker more?

1 hour ago, ivioin said:

Because it's a tanker forum? 😁

I've tried a couple of brutes, one to incarnate levels, but the only one I continue to play is EnergyAura armor, since it's not available on tankers...  I rarely solo, so I always fall back on tanks, and take the aggro/protector role and let the brutes, scrappers and blasters put out the DPS.

• Haha 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

1 hour ago, PLVRIZR said:
3 hours ago, ivioin said:

Because it's a tanker forum? 😁

Haha, yeah. On my finished characters, I normally solo at +4x8 with no temporary powers or inspirations. Under those conditions, my Katana/Dark Brute struggled against Antimatter (died every attempt), Carnies, MoITF with enemies buffed, and AE mission 801.2. They were all much smoother on my Dark/MA Tanker, and I still put out enough damage that I didn't feel like it was a slog to beat things up.

• Thanks 1

My vote would be for Tanker, but DA does well on Brutes as well.

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe