Are you excited about the future of the MCU?

I feel like Falcon & the Winter Soldier really missed a great opportunity to delve further into the ramifications of "the snap".  I also feel like they made the supersoldier serum a little too easily given out.  I'd also love to see a not-too-angsty take on child meta-humans, (let's leave the cliche bully-picks-on-meta stuff at the wayside and come up with something new).  I feel that, if done with proper development and taking pains to avoid the dreaded "Mary Sue" quotient, an Iron Heart character could really do well - have her take on a Stark Industries internship or maybe get a hold of some of Venko's materials that he stashed away somewhere, instead of separately creating her power armor out of whole cloth, or maybe she is one of Tony's daughter's friends, and together they are able to create their own suits and adventure together.  I just think we need a narrower focus on a smaller, more personal story...

• Thumbs Up 1

BTW, tomorrow is "Disney+ Day", with multiple reveals expected via socials and possibly D+ itself.

Definites:

- Shang-Chi drops (not sure if fully unlocked or Premiere Access at this stage)

- more Hawkeye stuff

Rumour mill:

- Multiverse of Madness teaser

- Full No Way Home trailer... if they finish the VFX on time

Moon Knight teaser/first look

What If part 2 teaser

- a Marvel-based "one more thing" surprise

plus:

- Full Book Of Boba Fett trailer

Obi-Wan and/or Ahsoka first looks

What would you want to see to put the Excelsior in your day, True Believers?

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

2 hours ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

I can't recall their name, but there was a character back in the 90s that I remember seeing in a comic shop, which was sort of a teen in power armor, (kind of reminiscent of Silver Hawks).  I don't remember their name or even full powers/abilities, I just remember them looking cool.  I don't even remember if they were Marvel, DC, Image, or some other publisher...

Well, I'm afraid we don't have that.

What we do have confirmed is:

• Moon Knight - and looking good (but what is that voice?)
  • She-Hulk  (Maslany and Ruffalo had me gutlaughing in under 15 seconds of preview)
  • Ms. Marvel - picture perfect 💓
  • What If? Season II (or what should have been the second half of Season 1, but, y'know, the virus thing)
  • Loki Season II
  • Secret Invasion - with Samuel L Jackson, Olivia Colman & Emilia Clarke amongst others
  • Ironheart
  • Echo (?)
  • X-Men '97 (yes - that series in that style, rebooted)
  • Armo(u)r Wars
  • I Am Groot (animated)
  • Marvel Zombies (animated)

..and...

...one more thing...

[FX/GRAMS: INSANE LAUGHTER]

Spoiler

FEAh8maWYA8-vXx?format=jpg&name=medium

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

On 11/11/2021 at 6:08 PM, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

Unfortunately, I just saw this, too late to make the wishlist.  If I had...

Star Wars: Yoda miniseries- Before he was the wise master.  The story of the smallest padawan becoming the smallest Jedi during the High Republic era.

Muppets:  Pigs In Space: the Series

Marvel:  Squirrel Girl miniseries for some laughs.  MCU 2099 for some gritty storytelling based off the various 2099 comics.

Disney:  an all-new  Oswald the Lucky Rabbit animated series with an updated look to Oswald more in keeping with the other classic Disney characters.

Disney:  A Rocketeer miniseries, sequel to the classic movie.

And the "one more thing"....  Lucasfilms:  A reboot/continuation to the Young Indiana Jones TV series, using the writers/directors/production quality of The Mandalorian, and with Harrison Ford as the ninety-year-old Indy.   (If you've never seen the series.  Lucas had Indy surviving into his nineties, and the elderly Indy was the storyteller for the series.)  It'd give Ford the chance to play the character again, which he wanted, without the physicality that he said left him aching after the last movie.

Edited by Techwright

I only subscribe to my two services Disney and paramount and both are worth it for me.  Love my marvel and Star Trek, I really wish there was a cohesive universe of dc content. Hangs head in shame.

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

Finally got round to seeing Shang-Chi, and if this is the level they're aiming for from now on, seems the future of the MCU is in good hands. Aside from the beautiful visuals (quite a few lifts from Crouching Tiger, but none the worse for that), snappy scripting, some of the best plotting and pacing they've done so far (good understanding on what an audience needs to be shown... or doesn't), and finally another worthy villain in Tony Leung...

Spoiler

...and quite possibly in Meng'er Zhang in the future if you watch the post-credits.

Plus, of course, Wong doing karaoke. Good stuff. 

That said: until cinemas recover fully, is it still a gamble doing movies on this scale and budget for a while?

On 11/11/2021 at 8:40 PM, biostem said:

I can't recall their name, but there was a character back in the 90s that I remember seeing in a comic shop, which was sort of a teen in power armor, (kind of reminiscent of Silver Hawks).  I don't remember their name or even full powers/abilities, I just remember them looking cool.  I don't even remember if they were Marvel, DC, Image, or some other publisher...

Do any of these look familiar?

273100071_PowerArmorcollage1.thumb.jpg.91b06c1e35ebc679e7e8013e52a4528a.jpg

So the No Way Home trailer just dropped... 

Spoiler

- Spidey's key fights: Dafoe's Goblin, Sandman, Electro... and Doctor Strange. (Possibly Ultimate Strange).

- Also Venom, though he's not in this trailer, and Lizard, as he appears for a fraction of a second in a fight scene and Rhys Ifans is now on the cast list.

- Doc Ock isn't in the villain roster above, as he's puzzled as all hell at meeting "new" Peter, they seem to be talking to him sensibly during one sequence, and he might even become an ally/science bro. Also, they find his name ridiculous.

- At the very end of the trailer it looks like there's a whole bunch of multiversal breaches going on... but by what or whom? Bad guys, good guys, every other Marvel fragment, tentacled wossnames from beyond reality, PARAGON CITY?

- MJ might not make it out of this one.

- Still no sign of the other Spideys. Suspect - if the hype about Maguire, Garfield et al is true - that's what the breach is going to reveal. As with Pandora's Box, hope is hidden right at the bottom. Plus an epic audience cheer.

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

2 hours ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

So the No Way Home trailer just dropped... 

Hide contents

- Spidey's key fights: Dafoe's Goblin, Sandman, Electro... and Doctor Strange. (Possibly Ultimate Strange).

- Also Venom, though he's not in this trailer, and Lizard, as he appears for a fraction of a second in a fight scene and Rhys Ifans is now on the cast list.

- Doc Ock isn't in the villain roster above, as he's puzzled as all hell at meeting "new" Peter, they seem to be talking to him sensibly during one sequence, and he might even become an ally/science bro. Also, they find his name ridiculous.

- At the very end of the trailer it looks like there's a whole bunch of multiversal breaches going on... but by what or whom? Bad guys, good guys, every other Marvel fragment, tentacled wossnames from beyond reality, PARAGON CITY?

- MJ might not make it out of this one.

- Still no sign of the other Spideys. Suspect - if the hype about Maguire, Garfield et al is true - that's what the breach is going to reveal. As with Pandora's Box, hope is hidden right at the bottom. Plus an epic audience cheer.

There's one other name not yet shown...

Spoiler

Vulture.  Supposedly Michael Keaton will be bringing him back, though it will be interesting to see whether it's the MCU Vulture or another universe variant.

We have the makings for a Sinister Six, maybe even a Sinister Seven.

It's really interesting how, with the merger of the universes, MJ's fall takes on a whole new meaning.  She may end up the tragic Gwen of this installment.  Kevin Feige has said she's not Mary Jane Watson, which I'm fine with knowing that they're going for the infinite variations in infinite universes concept, but that just adds to the "will she live?" question.

As to the trailer-ending multiversal breaches:  remember in the MCU, color is important when portraying power.   The breaches are purple.  What that means, I'm not yet sure.  WandaVision's director referred to Agatha's purple magic as eating away at blue magic, as absorbing power (the power stone was purple), so maybe there's something to that, like the breaches are tearing at the power of the MCU existence, feeding on its power.

Hehehehe... another friend on Twitter thought the same thing about the purple colour coding, though specific to the person you mentioned.

And I'd love to see them back, naturally.

There is one other very interesting theory about those breaches that hit Twitter...

Spoiler

They're awfully, awfully visually similar to how they looked in Into The Spiderverse, just as if they'd been rendered in 3D.

You gotta wonder...

Holland was teasing that "if we're lucky enough to get to play these roles again". Maybe "his" Peter doesn't make it out of this one - possibly to resolve the magical conflict he helped create - or takes a break with MJ, and Miles steps in?

Personally, rooting for the Playstation version of Miles (complete with Spidercat. That's a great cat right there. Takes a pet amazing.)

My own personal version of the theory, from a screenwriting point of view, is that they're teasing the breaches as some kind of Apocalypse, but it's actually a Pandora's Box gag.

Instead of - or as well as horrific tentacled wossnames and/or villains, the other Spideys show up through them bringing hope - and possibly other alt-MCU heroes too.

A real-life Captain Carter would be hella fun.

The X-Men (finally!)

Agents Of Shield (who technically aren't MCU-canon...yet)

Squirrel Girl... might be pushing it but with realities breaking down, literally all bets are off.