Report Costume Issues Here

Naomi

• Developer

Until now there hasn't been an official thread for costume issues or bugs, so here it is. I'm not enforcing that anyone use it, so existing and new reports elsewhere are fine, especially if you want to discuss issues or can't get the format right for this thread. That said, the reports you post here are the ones most likely to get looked at first, since they will be entered (if necessary) to our internal issue tracker.

The reason for this thread is to try and consolidate issues into batches that can be worked on more efficiently.

If you post a report in this thread, please adhere to the following, otherwise your post will be removed with no notice or warning:

• This is not a discussion thread, so please try and keep discussion to the bare minimum.
  • This is not a request thread. Do not post requests for ports, proliferation, category swaps or anything like that, unless you think it's legitimately an oversight, which counts as an issue.
  • Screenshots  OR .costume files of the issue are required, even for category bugs such as "this should be available under x category". Post a screenshot of whatever this is. You do not have to edit them or circle issues but they are helpful. In cases where a .costume file would reveal the issue, you can also post one of those and a short description.
  • Be absolutely clear in some way of which images you post that have been Photoshoped, in the event you are trying to explain what something should be or what something should look like. Some of you have posted images in the past that are very good fakes.
  • If your screenshot does not include an image of the category that I can quickly replicate, please include it in your description as best you can: Female > Lower Body > Pants > Basic Pants > Pants > Cheetah 1 as an example. If you include a .costume file, ignore this.

• Try to use the forum feature to make a preview of your images to a max width of 200-500px, so that they don't hog too much space in your post.

You don't have to mention what kind of bug it is, but to be on the lookout, they come in five categories and some may be more than one:

• Texture (bad quality texture, missing texture or wrong texture)
  • UV (texture stretching or bleeding of texture and tint colors where there shouldn't be)
  • Geometry (odd geometry behavior, size or scale, open seams, gaps, and clipping***)
  • Category (wrong category, or missing category where you reasonably believe there isn't a reason it isn't already in said category.)
  • Costume Editor (invalid parts and .costume files, weird tailor charges and tailor issues). We know about the costume color change on .costume file load that sometimes happens, and the dual pistol .costume load issues.

*** Clipping is defined as any costume part that has obvious, unintended clipping with the main body, and in this case NOT with other costume parts.

Here is an example of some issues. The first is "Basic Pants" which contains a UV issue. You can tell because the same texture on the other pants is fine. The Gunslinger Belt is using the wrong geometry. The last one is hard to see, but Labeaux 1 circled white contains texture compression artifacts vs Labeaux 2 which does not:

c_e.thumb.png.97a69b13421e29cef93dd72b63678e13.png

Thank you in advance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I keep feeling like I need to start with a bug I actually care about, instead of one I just happened to notice...

Heads up to other folks: you can double-click an inserted image to edit the size properties (and apparently tap on mobile).

Missing from category
Spectrum is missing from Female> Lower Body> Armored> Smooth | Stilettos | Platforms | Flat categories.

Is included in the male version of Armored (also confirmed it exists for Huge):

image.thumb.png.4c1e62c8d1bfd2bf287e047f39c9ca73.png

Is omitted for Female:

image.thumb.png.4ed2335f3bdb4da78ecc36d51fae28c1.pngimage.png.80c1e9a371a3f006639ab345e5ab1870.png

Those 3 categories where they normally exist for female:

image.png.a75ea12edba9a823038e36be0ccf8130.pngimage.png.85e8bdc1b35f5fd252301ba21addedb1.pngimage.png.0cd1e6f44b29d83e507f28edd526e60c.png 

(There's really no Spectrum option for Flat for females?)

Edited by Replacement
Not Flat
  • Thanks 1

Well this could get exhausting.  Going to try to condense by slot.

Missing category

Definite: Female>Upper Body> Jackets | Sleeveless Jackets> Chest missing Spectrum

Definite: Female>Upper Body> Robotic Arm 3> Chest missing Spectrum

Probable oversight: [ALL GENDERS]> Upper Body> Shirts> Chest missing Spectrum

Probable oversight: Female> Upper Body> Bolero> Chest missing Spectrum

Probable oversight: [ALL GENDERS]> Upper Body> Unique Tops> Chest missing Spectrum

//Context: Spectrum is included in Robes (inc. sleeveless) and Trench Coat

Screenshots will focus on the Definites:

Male Upper Body> Jackets> Chest:

image.thumb.png.5e0cf8d5cbdd57131d2f4cf55c0ea769.pngimage.thumb.png.c36a1a308d8034998297b6344fba33cb.png

Missing from Female Upper Body > Jackets> Chest:

image.thumb.png.4442a9bee4d5da753f694e66a52d847c.png

• Thanks 1

I know there are more Spectrum omissions from Gloves, but I'm tired of this for now -- I'm sure you are.

I'm less sure on this one, but it feels like a bug so... give me a thumbs down if your name is Naomi and it's not?

Missing Tint

[ALL GENDERS] > Tights (All relevant categories, actually) > Gloves > Ascension does not take a secondary tint.  Has unaffected regions.

The "Radiance" version does correctly use the secondary tint for its glow, but still is missing the tint from its texture.

Note the blue accents in all Ascension pieces but gloves in following screenshot:

image.thumb.png.45d26cd59ff00572c1592bba52580d4a.png

Edited by Replacement
  • Thanks 1

Just for visibility sake, i'll repost a couple costume errors I've found in the past.  I apologize for making several posts in a row, but I had to break them up due to file upload limits.

For Katana (Scrapper, Brute, Tanker), Ninja Blade (Stalkers), Ninja Training (Blasters), and Ninja Tool Mastery (Sentinels), the "Fire Sword" option is completely invisible on Female builds.  It shows up on Male and Huge builds just fine, and shows on Broadsword and Dual Blades for all builds. 

1213252243_FireSwordInvisible.thumb.PNG.c81e2754ac8d1c55d8f4064baa6e43f5.PNG   1285941562_FireSwordMale.thumb.PNG.0bd0c8964fc54067014df2f4c620a697.PNG   1749493907_FireSwordHuge.thumb.PNG.92d52b2767311652572d4210eeb1c86d.PNG

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

On a Male build with any of the Robotic Arm Upper Body categories and with asymmetrical shoulders active, the Gunslinger shoulder (the cow skull) placed on the right shoulder ignores the asymmetry and places a skull on both shoulders.  Pictured is such a case, with Mangler Gears 1 on the left shoulder to show the error.  Female and Huge builds do not have this issue and placing Gunslinger on the left shoulder does not cause it to go on both.

111125347_GunslingerShoulders.thumb.PNG.0d8a185b5017340a43371569ced1d8c5.PNG

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

For Katana and Dual Blades, "Fire and Ice Sword - Elemental" and "Flaming Sword" appear to be the same weapon.  Specifically for Katana, Males don't have access to "Flaming Sword" but seeing as how "Fire and Ice Sword - Elemental" appears identical, this isn't much of an issue.  "Flaming Sword" does not show up as an option for Broadsword or Titan Weapon, but "Fire and Ice Sword - Elemental" does.

1804967712_FSSwordElemental.thumb.PNG.4fdc8f5147ad4e3f241804c9ed10899d.PNG   2120634743_FlamingSword.thumb.PNG.e99f9438216fdc03406f8c4949316ffc.PNG

You acknowledged this when I first posted it @Naomi, but still might be worth posting again.

The Black Knight Shield can potentially crash the game.  When adjusting the shield's detail (Spike or Emblem) on a character with War Mace and a male build who is logged into the game (as in the character is in the game world; this doesn't happen during character creation), the game will crash if the detail is reverted to nothing (via reset button or manually).  The crash does not occur on Female or Huge builds, nor does it occur with any other powerset combination besides War Mace (to my knowledge).

Attached is a video of the crash in action.  Don't worry, I sent the crash log.

https://imgur.com/a/tcsKlsc

Edited by ZorkNemesis

The Black Knight Shield remains buggy.  In cases where it doesn't crash the game, attempting to revert the Spike/Emblem to None won't actually remove the Spike/Emblem.  You have to change the shield style entirely to remove the detail.  This is the case for all builds.

1807336041_BlackKnightShieldNone.thumb.PNG.692655f8d5bb73d5f4bc6912179e887f.PNG

The spike is also not attached to the shield.  You probably won't notice in gameplay though.  Applies to all builds.

961779877_BlackKnightShieldSpike.PNG.167691906c0b67deb954998535d43e6d.PNG

Poor Shield Offsets

As always, not quiiiiite what you had in mind in your list of bugs, but please tell me to hide my post instead of doing so if you disagree with the bug classification -- that way I can grab and post it elsewhere as a request.

NOTE: I tried to only report the egregious issues, since this setting cannot be perfect.  I did fall down a rabbit hole and reported more than intended.  I apologize some of these seem to break the "clipping with other parts" rule, but these are all gloves which have a dedicated Offset value, and really it just seemed like reporting them in-batch with Mecha and Ascension was for the best.

Male > Upper (Tights) > Gloves > Mecha

This is definitely due to the FX add-ons to the piece, but they really don't justify this massive gap:

The tiny shield is Vanguard when "closed"    ::    "Full chonk" enabled:

image.png.09e8b3fbd9e693c9fb4a3e28fe581baa.png    ::    image.png.bb58ebe03ee439fa4796664bdd63b2a9.png

beefy PPD Riot shield: image.png.c7d130b0b1e13cdc3d4c63cfd75e08bc.png

I think reducing this so the extra fin clips through the back of the shield a bit would be good.  I think that would be a justifiable "middle ground" gap, and we could pair with Asymmetry to use "clean" on that side in a costume slot while shield is enabled.

""> "" > Gloves > Celestial Armor 1

Please move this one OUT a bit.  The gloves consist of 2 balls and if one doesn't protrude through a given shield, the other invariable will.

Cavalier    ::     Riot Shield

image.png.01672a0ef68ff11bb47cfc2bc871c88b.png   ::   image.png.781ad3a2af72e2790aa80e7e9cb9b815.png

"" > Gloves > Resistance

Needs an offset value.  Impressive:

image.png.ac07aa46112c2ea05ae3adbd82c722b3.png

"" > Gloves > Circle of Thorns 3

Good luck?  I think "use Asymmetry" may be the best fix here.

image.png.b32cbfb45dfdd1449dd898b7b32f5ffe.png

"" > Gloves > Ascension

As with Mecha, doesn't make sense for it to be out this far.  Given the FX is ephemeral lights, seems like it would be better quality to let it come through the other side (a feature?) instead of a floating shield.

image.png.b2e4583597611b8fa2a7ab98e517a35b.png    ::    image.png.d6e87d8e40bd9fb654749e614191ea39.png 

I guess Force Fields are cool too though.

Edited by Replacement

Male > Upper >  Gloves > Fire and Ice 3

Same deal as CoT 3 -- I noticed it's awful, but it may be better to defer this as "solution: asymmetry toggle."

image.png.4f9920e3558aa2c5d9f5652bbc78c868.png

Male > Upper >  Gloves > Omega

Could use a minor offset

image.png.0b3d4c334403a3fde2b0fd0679a56d81.png

Male > Upper >  Gloves > Organic Armor (and Thorny, but meh)

Thorny is obviously much worse at clipping, but the Asymmetry answer of "just use regular Organic Armor" also clips:

Regular   ::  Thorny

image.png.5e145f0601005b5f7a2bdab3d2417a90.png    ::   image.png.5de7c211e7aa6642881b628226e5f7ad.png

...And then to go back through and check the other genders:

Huge: Celestial Armor 1 only has the issue with the rear section, while Female only has the clip-through on the front:

image.png.d9b12aace675c308599e5440816774cd.png   :::   image.png.ab6783d6ea7265fd52f7f1317c2c3fa2.png

Female > Gloves > Mecha:

Same issue as Male.  Huge is fine, though.

image.png.5bb052a570dac97befac989b6f13c1d8.png

Huge... > Gloves > Resistance

image.png.ca06489fa3de1e42748c98565807e02f.png

Huge | Female... > Gloves > Ascension:

Yep

image.png.188214e9cd2ea362dea2032e3e8be9e8.png  ::  image.png.3b35e6faf884f7ddfef94e0908ce0341.png

Huge | Female > Gloves > Fire and Ice 3: yes, clips. Not sure it matters.  I can see people liking it with earthy toons.

image.png.dd2e57a9d5b4d2472c7a2ea0430067ca.png  ::  image.png.19cd551d85d226c9d7ee655d1da79a91.png

Huge | Female > Gloves > Omega

image.png.539c54492f61a6add7d0e3e421b99c19.png  ::  image.png.d2fb32ebe41ed5575323ff50ee22209c.png

Huge > Upper > Gloves > Organic Armor Including Thorny:

As above, not truly a huge issue.  But I'm reporting it and letting you decide if you care to fix:

image.png.7b647bb6ada56c0d57951d3c14b03c7b.png   ::   image.png.bcc397d62d33f97a6a7b0f8c6e8a010a.png

Female is fine enough, not worth a report at this time.  Thorny of course sticks through but you get the idea.

Sorry.

Bug: 'Travel Power Only' Stances behave as permanent stances from other players perspectives.

Wasn't sure if this was the place for it, but it seems like a costume issue, given that's where stances are selected...

The 'Travel Power Only' Stances [Inherent>Inherent>Stance>Ninja Stance (Travel Powers Only), Inherent>Inherent>Stance>Slide Stance(Travel Powers Only), and Inherent>Inherent>Stance>Beast Stance (Travel Powers Only)] appear to work correctly from the local player's computer, but function exactly as the always on stances[Inherent>Inherent>Stance>Ninja Stance, Inherent>Inherent>Stance>Slide Stance, and Inherent>Inherent>Stance>Beast Stance] when viewed by another player. 

Tested this in Pocket D after having someone comment about my character's sliding when running about.  I had Slide Stance (Travel Powers Only) set for my costume, so for me, I only slid when using Super Speed, but for everyone else I tested with, I was sliding all the time, even with no travel powers, no sprint.  Changing costumes and changing back did not fix, neither did toggling travel powers on and off, or relogging.

Attached are screenshots, one from my perspective(the user of the Travel Powers Only stance), and another player's perspective.  Screen shots are only attached for Slide, but we tested and it occured with the others too

TravelOnlyBug-PlayerPerspectiveLarge.jpg

TravelPowersOnlyStanceBug3rdPersonPerspective.png

• 4 weeks later

I'm seeing a bug with a Halloween costume.  My character has the Warrior Fire Robe and Sleeves as part of his costume and when I equip the Malta Gunslinger Halloween costume the robe and sleeves show through.

image.png.479d2534c04572df82ea91dab4c4ba4b.pngimage.png.e34298f56beddcd8843ce62b87f30341.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later

Hello there, sorry for me aproximative englich, this is not me first language.

costume bug :

Balster: Dual Gun-Tactical Arow

Either one of the dual guns, is not seen, or the bow, there is a conflict somewhere.

Sans titre.png

• 3 weeks later

Customization issue with the new Seismic Blast set.  I don't know if this thread covers issues with power coloring but since powers are included with the costumes these days I feel this might be appropriate.

Stone based powers generally use the same type of color tintable palate for all of their powers, often drab browns, blues and greens for the natural rocky polish along with some brighter colors for Lava/Crystal variants.  For whatever reason, when using the "Lava" variant the Stalagmite power, the colors presented are those of the main costume color choices and not the usual Lava/Crystal options, or even the usual Bright/Dark colors found on most other powers.  These colors also work even though they're not options on any other power or style.  Trying to apply to all powers will pick the nearest color option to what's chosen if you pick something invalid to the other powers.

Here are the color options for all powers with the "Lava" theme.

393388557_SeismicColors.thumb.PNG.e4ec3a36ca831fca1c0127de7c6ec11c.PNG

Here are the colors for Stalagmite with the "Lava" theme.

692184163_StalagmiteColors.thumb.PNG.d835b8ae0faa2f132d29c6848a6941c9.PNG

Here are the colors for Stalagmite with the "Crystal" theme, these should be the correct colors for the "Lava" theme.

513005469_StalagmiteCrystal.thumb.PNG.816bd058e3e713a7708afa8be94b6bda.PNG

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Sejanus said:

Not sure where this would go, but I found that the power Upthrust for Blaster's Seismic Blast has sound when customizing in the character creator. 

I was just about to post this too.  I noticed that Upthrust has sound when in the Tailor.  I just logged on now to re-test and there was no sound when using Upthrust...That makes me think that the Upthrust sound FX bug must be random.

• Thumbs Up 1

An oddity I found with my Seismic Blast Blaster -- I'd created her with the Omega pieces for chest and bottoms, but when I go to the tailor to edit her costume, the bottoms changed to the Talons piece. This has happened with three different costume slots (working through the initial set before she hits 10 and the tailors start charging, and verified again with the first slot that still has Omega bottoms -- entering the tailor screen resets the bottoms to Talon.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1