The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Buoyant Membrane constantly suppresses its travel speeds

ZorkNemesis

Buoyant Membrane is the temporary Group Fly power you can get in First Ward while fighting the Seed of Hamidon and the Seedlings.  When I was knocking some Seedlings down to get the Full Spectrum badge, I noticed that while using Buoyant Membrane to fly around and fight them, my travel speed kept getting reduced every few seconds as if I was attacking something.  At first I thought my Blaster's Absorb barrier ticking up was doing it (the slowdowns were in perfect sync with the combat log telling me I had Absorb), but when I turned that off I was still getting slowed down.  I swapped to another character, same thing, this time theorizing that maybe it was something like Health/Stamina constantly reupping the proc.  Switched to a third, completely unenhanced character and was still getting suppressed while Buoyant Membrane was active.  At one point I took the power back to Atlas Park, thinking maybe First Ward's Debt Protection effect was doing it, but still nothing.  I also checked my other flight powers (various jetpacks and Mystic Flight) and wasn't getting slowed unless Buoyant Membrane was also on.  Something is making the power think you're constantly getting into a fight every few seconds, severely limiting the power's use during Seed takedowns and elsewhere but I can't figure out what might be doing it.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Thanks 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

On 9/17/2021 at 1:20 AM, ZorkNemesis said:

Buoyant Membrane is the temporary Group Fly power you can get in First Ward while fighting the Seed of Hamidon and the Seedlings.  When I was knocking some Seedlings down to get the Full Spectrum badge, I noticed that while using Buoyant Membrane to fly around and fight them, my travel speed kept getting reduced every few seconds as if I was attacking something.  At first I thought my Blaster's Absorb barrier ticking up was doing it (the slowdowns were in perfect sync with the combat log telling me I had Absorb), but when I turned that off I was still getting slowed down.  I swapped to another character, same thing, this time theorizing that maybe it was something like Health/Stamina constantly reupping the proc.  Switched to a third, completely unenhanced character and was still getting suppressed while Buoyant Membrane was active.  At one point I took the power back to Atlas Park, thinking maybe First Ward's Debt Protection effect was doing it, but still nothing.  I also checked my other flight powers (various jetpacks and Mystic Flight) and wasn't getting slowed unless Buoyant Membrane was also on.  Something is making the power think you're constantly getting into a fight every few seconds, severely limiting the power's use during Seed takedowns and elsewhere but I can't figure out what might be doing it.

Nice find, I see what the problem is and it was likely introduced in Page 2.

image.thumb.png.cdabb9e77eaed8ed18762f3775edc34c.png

The activate period is set to every 3s but the FlyingSpeed only lasts for 0.75s. So you get a 2.25s gap of no flyingspeed.

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn