The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Ok now my buddy wants to know about TW/Rad

I-Dirty

Im good on my toon. Buddy wanted to start playing. Asking about TW/Rad brute or TW/SR

I have no clue so i thought Id ask for him

Any advice? Build ideas?

Thanks

He changed his mind to TW ...sorry

Edited by I-Dirty

Why yes I do know what a search feature is. However with the 1000 returns it is hard to dig through all that. So I ask in posts.

• I-Dirty changed the title to Ok now my buddy wants to know about TW/Rad

Avoid TW, the mechanics are clunky and you start to lose that fun factor real fast.  If the set up time was 1 or 2 attacks, no problem....its all of them, generating the momentum to counter the delay in the set up or unlocking the certain ones that rely on it.

For a first time player, play something like Katana/Claws/Savage/Martial/Kintetic.  Much faster animation times and recharge, the clunky slower ones are a turn off for a beginner; Axe/Mace/TW.  Energy Melee is probably ok, explain the slower animation time in the last attack can be countered with the other one.

For a secondary, Invincibility or Willpower.  Easy passive play sets so they can start to understand the game mechanics of +def/+regen vs number of enemy or the taunt effect.

Edited by Outrider_01
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

2 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Avoid TW

I freaking love TW, but I sadly have to agree with this. TW isn't something you do as a first time player. You can't go wrong with any primary really, you can really only go wrong with a secondary as a brute. I'm talking regen. Don't let him do regen. It's like letting your friend join the military as military police or something. You don't do that to them.

Outrider is giving some solid advice for a new player. Notice how he doesn't mention regen.

9 minutes ago, SomeGuy said:

I freaking love TW, but I sadly have to agree with this. TW isn't something you do as a first time player. You can't go wrong with any primary really, you can really only go wrong with a secondary as a brute. I'm talking regen. Don't let him do regen. It's like letting your friend join the military as military police or something. You don't do that to them.

Outrider is giving some solid advice for a new player. Notice how he doesn't mention regen.

WTF Brah I was a MP!!

Then I went infantry 😄

Why yes I do know what a search feature is. However with the 1000 returns it is hard to dig through all that. So I ask in posts.

IDK playing TW first might be the way to go.

As a newb you wouldn't realize how freaking clunky and slow it is outside of Momentum.   So you wouldn't know any better.  

I'd play it on a scrapper though.  Might as well make a heavy performer if you are going to do it.   TW/Bio prols, don't even get him used to normal Melee survivability.   

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/18/2021 at 4:37 PM, SomeGuy said:

On the flip side... when I first came back, I dove straight into a TW/Bio scrapper having never done either on Live.  Now all the other sets seem ULTRAFAST! and MAINTENANCE FREE!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, which is it, young feller?  You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?
If'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop.  And if'n I drop I'll be in motion.

1 hour ago, roleki said:

Now all the other sets seem ULTRAFAST! and MAINTENANCE FREE!

I DEFINITELY see the appeal of this, but this wasn't a good change to a lot of vet players that took the time to really figure out how to get the most out of sets like that. Oh well. I get the whole "best for all, woe for some" mentality.

• 4 weeks later