The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Possible SO Recharge Bug?

St Anger

Not sure if it's a bug or maybe something involving the game or math that I'm not understanding. But the "Experimental Injection" power from the "Experimentation" Power Pool power set, the base recharge time is 3m00s. I have 1 SO in the power for recharge that's 1 lvl above my lvl. The SO says it should be giving me a 35% increase in recharge time, but the rechrage time is now 2m13s with the SO slotted. 35% of 180s (3m) is 63s so it should be about 1m57s recharge time or even rounded up, 2m00s recharge time with the 35% that the SO says it's giving. I was not in a TF/SF, I was not sidekicked down in lvl, nor was I debuffed by anything. I checked my base recharge stats to make sure. I'll let you figure it out but the math doesn't seem to add up with the percentage that the SO says it's supposed to give lol. Many people in General chat in Torchbearer server tried to help me figure out why it wasn't right but none of us could figure it out.

Edited by St Anger

180 / 1.35 = 133.33

All powers begin with a base 100% recharge, which we express as 1 in the equation.  We then add the Recharge Reduction from the single +1 SO, 34.965%, and as with the base recharge, we move the decimal two places left for the equation, giving us 1.34965, or 1.35 for simplicity.  The recharge time of the power, 180 seconds, is then divided by the total Recharge Reduction, 1.35.  The result is 133.33 seconds, or 2 minutes and 13 seconds.

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, St Anger said:

If you say so. Doesn't seem kosher to me though.  35% of 180 is 63. Doing it the way you're saying would fail a math test in school. JS. 

Your math would be correct if the power had 0% recharge.  But since the power takes 180 seconds to recharge on an ability with a recharge of 180 seconds you get 180÷180=1.  In other words,  the power has 100% recharge to begin with 100%=1.

So you arent going from 0% to 35% recharge,  you are going from 100% to 135% recharge and then i would refer you back to @Luminara's post where the math is correct.  Otherwise hasten (70%) and a single SO should put you over 100% recharge and the abilities would never recharge and always be ready to use.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1