Proliferate Darkness Affinity

Apparition

I suggest proliferating the Darkness Affinity power set to Corruptors, Defenders, and Masterminds.

I would rather just see Dark Miasma replaced with Darkness Affinity, but I realize that some people would not. Fade and Soul Absorption make the power set play differently, and IMO for the better.  It would be nice to be able to play it on the other support ATs as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hate to say it, but while I like Fade and Soul Absorbtion, losing Fearsome Stare is a big trade that i'd rather not forego.  For Defenders and Corrupters (and Masterminds too), that's an amazing power to have, giving a solid bout of control alongside a significant -ToHit (enough to rival Fade's defense bonus).  It's an amazing opener solo with enough recharge to be up every fight and it also procs really well if you're looking for more damage.

I would trade Petrifying Gaze for Soul Absorbtion immediately though.  Petrifying Gaze isn't really set-defining.  It's a hold with literally nothing else, easily skipped since you'll probably get a hold from your Epic set that also does damage and might include a debuff of any kind.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

I only really take Petrifying Gaze any more if I've got a hold in my other powerset to stack with it, so I have it on a dark/ice corruptor.  But Dark Miasma is really good as it is.  I would hate to lose Fearsome Stare, which I *always* take, and if the less good powers like Black Hole were replaced, it would make an already great set pretty overpowered, I think.

Also I could see Fade maybe being a bit much on a defender, since the buff values are higher on that AT.  I suspect Darkness Affinity was balanced as a controller-only set and it would be better to just leave it that way.

Miasma is a debuff and control set.  Affinity is a debuff and buff set.  Minor differences seem half ass, but you could create a new set centered around Soul and Fade, just not have everything else of Miasma.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer