How to import old data?

kwsapphire

I had an old installation folder from the CoH "secret" server, but Tequila wasn't actively installed on this computer. I downloaded and installed the new Homecoming version of Tequila. Is there any way to have it point to the previous folder and import my characters, costumes, presets, etc? Can charcters even be imported, or are they gone? 

Thanks in advance!

• Thumbs Up 1

Coloden.png

I’m not technical support so take this as the opinion of the uninitiated, but you can’t import data that’s being kept on the secret server to the Homecoming server. The character data being stored is not being stored locally on your computer, but on the server being run by SCORE. Like the rest of us you will have to start fresh unfortunately. I do have some background in computers and systems design. That’s where my understanding is coming from.

Edited by Optimum_Man
  • Like 1

You pay to play, having fun is ok, kill Skuls or kill Crey, hunt at night or in the day, black or white or shades of gray, play it your way, we have no say.

You won't be able to get character data, but the customization data (costumes, etc) can be migrated (normally automatically by the HC Launcher actually) manually using a link in my Sig. Note that your character LIST (names) is something you Can use for recreating them. You'll find the list in the file called "PlayerSlot.txt" if you're not familiar.

Edited by WanderingAries
  • Like 3

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 4 weeks later
On 10/25/2021 at 4:18 AM, WanderingAries said:

You won't be able to get character data, but the customization data (costumes, etc) can be migrated (normally automatically by the HC Launcher actually) manually using a link in my Sig. Note that your character LIST (names) is something you Can use for recreating them. You'll find the list in the file called "PlayerSlot.txt" if you're not familiar.

Yes, I even re-created all my characters from back in live on Homecoming.

They will all be level 1 again, but costumes, power customization and such can certainly be used, sometimes it doesn't entirely work.

I had also saved my characters with Sentinel Plus, so I could look up what powers, slots enhancements and such they had back on live. I don't know what Score allowed in that regard.

Most are now higher level than they ever were back on live, and I now have 2 level 50 incarnates! (I got to level 49 before they shut down the game 😥)

Edited by RogerWilco
  • Like 1

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png