Cure the Lost Mission from Montague Castanella bugged

Teppenwolfe

I was running this mission with a teammate and we were both in the same zone. We both were clicking the temporary powers to cure the lost. When the mission updated I discovered that all of the cures were credited to my teammate and I didn't get credit for any of them. In addition to that, the temp power disappeared from my task bar. I attempted to speak to Montague again to get another temp power but all he does is offer me the option to abandon the quest, and he doesn't offer an option to auto complete this (probably because it's part of a story arc).

What can I do to get the temp power again in order to cure the lost and finish this story arc?

Thanks!

Did you look in the Powers Window above your Power Tray, then scroll down under Temp Powers? It may have been awarded and not shown up in your Powers Tray.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

21 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

I love this mish. One of the few where even a squishie can run up to a purple boss and win.

It's also potentially the most painful, although it takes a combination of things you can't predict for it to be. When you cure one of the Lost, the other Lost in the same spawn will aggro on the newly-restored civilian, with all the mobs in the spawn with the same weapon firing together (if they have different weapons, the attacks are spread out due to different animation times). In the specific case where they all have shotguns, they all fire at the same time, and the game stacks up the shotgun blast sound effect for each shooter, which can be painfully sharp and loud with a big spawn.

Incidentally, while it's a cheesy move for a hero, under the right circumstances, you can use the civilians to tank the Kraken -- curing one of the Lost near the Kraken will cause him to aggro on the civilian, diverting his attention until the civvie runs off.

I thought the Cure The Lost mission only counted for the individual that had his/her specific instance of the mission selected as the team's active objective? Was a problem back on live that if multiple players on a team had this mission, it would typically only count for the active mission holder even if joined completion was selected. Either way, my best advice for those that are going to do it: do it alone or at least make sure you are not trying to complete your listing for the mission concurrently with whomever has it selected as the team's active task. Not helpful for the OP, I know, sorry.

I have done this mission with a team many times without issue, but I remember running into a similar problem once. I don't remember how I solved it.

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png