I s Elec/Elec Good for Scrappers?

drgantz

I'd think /Elec would be better on a brute. First off I think it's a pure resist set and brutes have a higher resist cap. Secondly there's the brute adding taunt to damage aura to keep enemies from running away. I mean I'm sure Elec/Elec is doable, but I have both a Elec/SR stalker and Rad/Elec brute that I like and I can't imagine a Elec/Elec scrapper would be better than either of them.

Edited by Gwyrddu
  • Like 1

I've have an Elec/Elec Brute.  I built it around the idea of max resists supported by it's self heal (Energize).  Even at 90% Resists, basically, on everything except Negative (57%) and Toxic (42.5%), I was sad to see that was not enough to be survivable like soft capped defenses 😞

Anything is usable, easy game. If it looks fun and it fits your theme then try it out. But no, it's not good on a scrapper.   

Elec melee is a set with a lot of AOE attacks, but it has a very lacking single target rotation.  Stalker fixes this by bringing assassins strike into the rotation.  Additionally elec armor is not especially great on a scrapper.  It's a resist set and scrappers tend to prefer defense, being that their resist cap is 75%.  Additionally it doesn't have a taunt aura on scrappers, and this makes a big difference IMO.

If you want to play elec/shield, I'd go stalker.  If you want to play elec/elec go brute or tanker, but know your single target rotation will suffer. 

Edited by Obsinious

Should be noted you can still get Electric Melee up to soloing AVs for accolade.  You're not going to take down a pylon in 2 minds, no, but still, solo AVs, I feel is enough.

Though, that may have also been taking Zapp...I don't recall...I'd have to go back and check.