Switching from Infiltration to Stealth makes you visible

Wavicle

It is incredibly frustrating that toggling on Stealth when you are currently not visible with Infiltration actually makes you visible for a moment. Obviously the workaround is to switch them further away, but still. I feel like if Stealth and Infiltration are going to remain mutually exclusive then it it not a lot to ask that one should be able to switch between the two without being seen.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Are you talking graphically "I become visible for a moment" or "Mobs suddenly see me, stealth radius drops" for a moment?

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Just now, Greycat said:

Are you talking graphically "I become visible for a moment" or "Mobs suddenly see me, stealth radius drops" for a moment?

Stealth radius drops for a moment.

I haven’t tested extensively yet, maybe I will be able to later today.

It looks to me though, initially, like if I switch from Stealth to Infiltration I never go below Infil’s stealth radius, but if I switch from Infil to Stealth there is a fraction of a second where I am not stealthed at all.

I'm guessing there's some limitation that prevents us from having both toggled on at the same time and automatically applying just which is the best stealth, kinda like what you can do with movement speed with hover/fly? That would be the best. No dropped stealth radius and added QoL. 

21 hours ago, Wavicle said:

It is incredibly frustrating that toggling on Stealth when you are currently not visible with Infiltration actually makes you visible for a moment. Obviously the workaround is to switch them further away, but still. I feel like if Stealth and Infiltration are going to remain mutually exclusive then it it not a lot to ask that one should be able to switch between the two without being seen.

Stealth is now a garbage power unless you want actual stealth and a smidge of defense.  It gives Invisibility level stealth, that's what you want.

Infiltration is the better power vs stealth, old version.  But only if  you wanted stealth without the defense.  Travel power + Stealth (old level) rolled into one.  Sign me up!

Oh, and you can slot a IO Stealth Run/Jump into Infiltration.  PROFIT! Stealth level without the visibility problem, unless you want the defense.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

24 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

Stealth is now a garbage power unless you want actual stealth and a smidge of defense.  It gives Invisibility level stealth, that's what you want.

Infiltration is the better power vs stealth, old version.  But only if  you wanted stealth without the defense.  Travel power + Stealth (old level) rolled into one.  Sign me up!

Oh, and you can slot a IO Stealth Run/Jump into Infiltration.  PROFIT! Stealth level without the visibility problem, unless you want the defense.

yes, I want the Stealth and the defense, so it’s definitely not a garbage power lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Difficult to fix. My best guess would be to give infiltration a grace period where it stays active after you detoggle it for 1 second. That would bridge the transition when you turn off infiltration and turn on stealth. 

I don’t know how easy it is to do, but that would be the only alternative.

Only other thing I can suggest is slotting sprint with the stealth IO and have that switched on while you switch from infiltration to stealth.

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

On 11/22/2021 at 5:03 PM, Wavicle said:

yes, I want the Stealth and the defense, so it’s definitely not a garbage power lol

Next update releases a 4 piece IO set for jump, has 1.25% S/L defense if that's what you are building for but I think it's 3 slots in. Not best set up but 1 LOTG, 1 run IO with stealth, and 3-4 of the new travel power IO set.  So, 6 slot investment but would make the power pretty worthwhile

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

1 hour ago, Outrider_01 said:

Next update releases a 4 piece IO set for jump, has 1.25% S/L defense if that's what you are building for but I think it's 3 slots in. Not best set up but 1 LOTG, 1 run IO with stealth, and 3-4 of the new travel power IO set.  So, 6 slot investment but would make the power pretty worthwhile

true.

although the character in question is a force field defender, so there's no shortage of defense powers. XD

• Haha 1