Rikti Hostile to Each Other in Levantera's "Defend Vanguard Base" mission

Apparition

I'm running the last mission in Levantera's first story arc.  The mission is "Defend Vanguard Base" with objectives "Find Faultline, Find Fusionette, Defeat Raid Leader."

Anyhoo, I beat up some Rikti.  Eventually, I get a couple of ambush waves headed my way.  Well, one of the ambush waves ran by another group of Rikti.  The group of Rikti the ambush ran by became immediately hostile to the ambush, and started attacking the other Rikti. :classic_laugh:

Screenshot_131.png.c5f2f777bf880fc456f7e787dd7666cb.pngScreenshot_132.png.6ff1fa6cd77318e4adec841466bb9c0c.png

It just kept going on like that for a minute or two, as I watched the Rikti defeat each other.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not in that mission. It is a bug that crops up on ambushes, mostly with the Rikti. For some reason, the ambushes are considered not the same group and draw aggro from mission start mobs. It can be both helpful and entertaining when the glitch happens. There are some Rikti missions where the Restructurists and Traditionalists are on the same map and will fight each other, but not during any of Levantera's Welcome to the Vanguard arc.

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they different Rikti factions fighting against each other?

Not there.

There are a few places where it happens - as Rudra mentioned, it happens on ambushes. It'll happen on the very first mission from Levantra, too, where you... *sigh* save Fusionette and Faultline. I've had existing Rikti take on the raid leader or the ambushes.  It'll happen in the "Defend Portal Corp" mission (where you take out the rikti inside a Portal building, then go outside - when you save the adepts, ambushes spawn, and they'll get attacked sometimes.)

It's not just there, either - there are times as a Kheldian we'll have a Quantum or Void hunter spawn (I think in the middle of Longbow, typically) and they'll get attacked.

Not sure what flags them, and it's definitely not all - or even most - ambushes.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

10 hours ago, Apparition said:

I'm running the last mission in Levantera's first story arc.  The mission is "Defend Vanguard Base" with objectives "Find Faultline, Find Fusionette, Defeat Raid Leader."

Anyhoo, I beat up some Rikti.  Eventually, I get a couple of ambush waves headed my way.  Well, one of the ambush waves ran by another group of Rikti.  The group of Rikti the ambush ran by became immediately hostile to the ambush, and started attacking the other Rikti. :classic_laugh:

Screenshot_131.png.c5f2f777bf880fc456f7e787dd7666cb.pngScreenshot_132.png.6ff1fa6cd77318e4adec841466bb9c0c.png

It just kept going on like that for a minute or two, as I watched the Rikti defeat each other.

I’ve noted this a few times on those missions. Yes sometimes the Rikti who spawn in are set to be enemies to the Rikti who spawn on the map by default. 

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone