Badges!

ember7401

Most new badges don't have counters already associated with them.   Plus, it is feasible to miss a couple of the Vahz, so not a foregone conclusion.

It's not for the Defeat X number badges that pop up, that my badger hasn't already far exceeded the count, but it does give an excuse to play it more.

1 hour ago, ember7401 said:

Why do I have to redo POSI 1 and  POSI 2 and the Vazh Arc for bosses again when I HAVE all the badges??  IF a badge is linked to a group or boss it should backtrack...Use the badge as a counter for new credit...

Good news - you don't have to! In fact, there's nothing forced upon any player in this game. Players can CHOOSE to meet the requirements for being awarded a badge. 

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

50 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Good news - you don't have to! In fact, there's nothing forced upon any player in this game. Players can CHOOSE to meet the requirements for being awarded a badge. 

Good luck!

You win!! 

Lamest Dismissive Response 2021

Wear that badge with honor man. Great work. Really great work.

2 hours ago, ember7401 said:

Why do I have to redo POSI 1 and  POSI 2 and the Vazh Arc for bosses again when I HAVE all the badges??  IF a badge is linked to a group or boss it should backtrack...Use the badge as a counter for new credit...

Seems like it would be reasonable to ask if previous defeats should/could count. If they are new or different targets, different story.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Sometimes everything cant be awarded retroactively.  Adding a bunch of checks for old badges in addition to the actual targets to award new badges.  Thats where all the spaghetti code the devs have to fight with comes from.

Its like thanks for the new stuff but i dont want to do it,  just give me the reward.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Troo said:

You win!! 

Lamest Dismissive Response 2021

Wear that badge with honor man. Great work. Really great work.

Seems like it would be reasonable to ask if previous defeats should/could count. If they are new or different targets, different story.

It's almost like... no risk, all reward gimme gimme?

• Haha 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

image.gif.99cd1ceb6acbb48f7bf698e61ef0aeab.gif

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

3 hours ago, TheZag said:

Sometimes everything cant be awarded retroactively.  Adding a bunch of checks for old badges in addition to the actual targets to award new badges.  Thats where all the spaghetti code the devs have to fight with comes from.

Its like thanks for the new stuff but i dont want to do it,  just give me the reward.

Makes sense.

Do you know for sure that's the case here? I don't. If someone was able to point to the answer that would be great.

If folks thought a thing should work and it didn't, it would make sense to ask, wouldn't it?

There are a number of fixes related to the latest changes that we'll see down the road.. 

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

3 hours ago, Troo said:

Makes sense.

Do you know for sure that's the case here? I don't. If someone was able to point to the answer that would be great.

If folks thought a thing should work and it didn't, it would make sense to ask, wouldn't it?

There are a number of fixes related to the latest changes that we'll see down the road.. 

I dont know for sure why.  But i do know that it takes more code to do more things and that means more chances for things to get broken.

Reminds me of a problem with a actual medical radiation device.  Somewhere in its program there was an extra 's'.  The machine worked fine for quite awhile but 1 time it gave a major overdose of radiation.  Turns out that single extra character caused it.