Seimic/Earth more of a utility/controller than a high DPS blaster

Diantane

Other blasters that I've played were all about DPS. Every attack power on Beam Rifle got used over an over. Course most were single target and a few AOE. But with Seismic you spam Shatter and Entomb as your only single target hitters. I would use Rock Shards sometimes even though its a cone and Upthrust even though it's an AOE. The other powers are for utility and controlling.  Didn't bother with Encase as a minor hold. Seimic Force is just an "aim" power.  Using this along with the build up power before an attack sounds nice, but will never work in a large team. By the time you cast all that, your target is already dead. Stalagmite is a fill in, but mostly a useless attack. Tombstone is the sniper but gets interrupted so much I couldn't use it unless I was pulling a new mob. Meteor is a good opening move along with Upthrust. Casting Meteor takes awhile to hit, so when you cast Upthrust directly after both of them will hit at the same time. It all looks good, but the results are lackluster (definite not a nuke).

Earth has a few powers that were worth their weight in gold. The others can be deleted. Mud Pots gives you a direct automatic heal that spams low numbers when you get hurt. The recovery part is pretty amazing. with just two health enhancements until I was in my late 20's kept me from having an endurance issue. Near 30 with all the main attacks being spammed the end started to drop. Added two end mods in it and the endurance never dropped past 90% again. Tremors is a pure melee attack that was copied by so many other AT's (having a huge animation like you're really gonna slam the heck out of others, yet only light damage happens. Beryl Crystals is a nice animation, but doesn't add to anything that you'll ever need.

In summary my blaster is level 33 and will be abandoned. Not even looking forward to the last two earth powers since the main attacks are so limited. If was a valiant attempt, but didn't do much but add a cosmetic opportunity. Kind of why the other players that use this are new. You definitely don't see any Seismic vets.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

5 hours ago, Diantane said:

You definitely don't see any Seismic vets.

The powerset is almost as old out of Beta as...damnit, I lost the simile. I had something for this. 

Anyway. You're wildly incorrect and bonkers as usual and what you're describing is literally every single blast set. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

5 hours ago, Diantane said:

Other blasters that I've played were all about DPS. Every attack power on Beam Rifle got used over an over. Course most were single target and a few AOE. But with Seismic you spam Shatter and Entomb as your only single target hitters. I would use Rock Shards sometimes even though its a cone and Upthrust even though it's an AOE. The other powers are for utility and controlling.  Didn't bother with Encase as a minor hold. Seimic Force is just an "aim" power.  Using this along with the build up power before an attack sounds nice, but will never work in a large team. By the time you cast all that, your target is already dead. Stalagmite is a fill in, but mostly a useless attack. Tombstone is the sniper but gets interrupted so much I couldn't use it unless I was pulling a new mob. Meteor is a good opening move along with Upthrust. Casting Meteor takes awhile to hit, so when you cast Upthrust directly after both of them will hit at the same time. It all looks good, but the results are lackluster (definite not a nuke).

Earth has a few powers that were worth their weight in gold. The others can be deleted. Mud Pots gives you a direct automatic heal that spams low numbers when you get hurt. The recovery part is pretty amazing. with just two health enhancements until I was in my late 20's kept me from having an endurance issue. Near 30 with all the main attacks being spammed the end started to drop. Added two end mods in it and the endurance never dropped past 90% again. Tremors is a pure melee attack that was copied by so many other AT's (having a huge animation like you're really gonna slam the heck out of others, yet only light damage happens. Beryl Crystals is a nice animation, but doesn't add to anything that you'll ever need.

In summary my blaster is level 33 and will be abandoned. Not even looking forward to the last two earth powers since the main attacks are so limited. If was a valiant attempt, but didn't do much but add a cosmetic opportunity. Kind of why the other players that use this are new. You definitely don't see any Seismic vets.

I think you've completely misread or mis-understood what the powers do... and I'm not sure how.  This is a very blastery set and does decent DPS.  THere is moderate control like there is in other sets.  You say there are only 2 single targets attacks, but there 5:  Encase (it is NOT a hold), Shatter, Entomb, Tombstone, and even Stalagmite (which is a stun) does "extreme" damage when you have Seismic Shockwaves going. Then you have 3 AOEs and Aim - like most other blaster sets.  Very little "control" there excpet for the KD that you get with some powers and the 1 Stun.

Also, Tombstone works in combat without being interrupted and does high damage - it should be a part of your attack chain like any blaster set's snipe.  If you're constantly being interrupted out of combat and not being able to "snipe," then you need to learn to not draw aggro to yourself prior to winding it up. 

As far as /Earth goes... Yes, you get a PBAOE sleep and targeted AOE Stun - those are your only 2 more "controllery" type powers.  Most blaster secondaries have "control" powers - it's what helps you survive (even though many skip them).  Other powers in the set do provide control too, but they are more Attacks as they do damage, like:  Stone Prison (mod dmg, + immob), Heavy Mallet (high dmg + KB), Tremor (Light dmg + KB), Seismic Smash (Extreme dmg + hold).  

If you cannot find how to make a blaster do damage with these 2 sets, then you aren't building or playing your blasters right.  I saw your other post about a Will Power tanker who was having trouble and you basically told him can't "fix a bad AT" or the WP set.  I really think you don't understand much about the game, the sets, and how things work.  Perhaps you need more time playing and really learning the ATs and how the various powersets work before nay-saying things?

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Up 2