Galvanic Sentinel

laudwic

Can anyone give me some suggestions on slotting, using this power, and a bind to target it?

Running an Electrical Affinity/Electrical Blast Defender.  I used Electrical Affinity with a Mastermind and enjoyed it, and I thought it would be a fun combination with the changes to Electrical Blast.

So far, at 24, this power seems to be a way to soak alphas and something to target and bounce heals and buffs off of.

Is it worth slotting beyond the initial?  If so, how?  Just Endurance mods?  Currently thinking Proc from Energy Manipulator (chance for stun) and three from Synapse shock (Endmd, endmod/rec, and endmod/15% run speed) I don't see anything else helping.

Anyone have a good bind to target it to make bouncing heals and buffs off it easier?

Any other suggestions for using it?

Edited by laudwic

I don't have a targeting bind, slots wise i throw in the full set of pre-emptive for rech and ranged def, but you could get away with a single boosted acc io, its squishy but recharges fast enough. I usually only summon it for av's and the - regen - dmg debuffs it does as its just like the voltanic version in that it never seems to be in range when you need it. Team runs off you follow and mobs die and then your summons turn up half an hour too late to do anything. Its fine vs static stuff with tons of hp but i find it useless as a targeting tool for my buffs and heals and always rely on closest team mate instead.

I usually solo, but I'm trying to team more with this toon.  I started with multiple runs of DFB, and gained multiple levels on a yin.  

I only use it as a bounce when I'm not teaming.  When teaming, I always just target teammates to either bounce heals/buff or just fire my attacks having them target for me. 

Where a bind would be helpful is when I want a boost to health or end it would be so much easer to hit a bind and fire off the power then find the little ball.

First, rename your pet to make this easier. Sparky, Spot, Jade, whatever... we'll go with Sparky here. The command is:

/bind (desired key) pet_select_name (pet's name)

I personally like to bind Q to Sparky summon, E to target Sparky, and C to bounce heal. Makes it really easy to summon, target, and heal while solo, so do this type in each line separately:

/bind q powexec_location me "Galvanic Sentinel"

/bind e pet_select_name Sparky

/bind c  powexec_name "Rejuvenating Circuit" 

To create a macro instead:

/macro PET pet_select_name Sparky

Edited by KaoticKarl
post structure
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1