Requesting no redraw for staff stalkers, as staff scrappers already have no redraw

mbooms

Requesting no redraw for staff stalkers, as staff scrappers already have no redraw.

The whole idea drawing up the weapon kills a lot of enjoyment for many classes, so I decided not to play quite a few to it, such as Bane and a few others.  I had a staff scrapper that I just couldn't quite enjoy leveling, switch to a stalker and it kind of sucks I have to wait to redraw my weapon in fights compared to my scrapper. 

Thank you! 

@PsyonicoI believe the draw out time is there no matter what, I have a 1 second attack and I have to wait for the weapon to pull out before attacking, and the full animation still goes off.  When the weapon is already out, the attack goes off instantly.  My bane drives me crazy, as I have two main weapons and it takes forever to attack between the two.

Edited by mbooms

7 hours ago, Psyonico said:

I'm not against it, but just an FYI, the redraw time doesn't actually affect anything.  Whether or not you redraw the weapon, the animation time is the same.

They changed this ages ago. Redraw extends your attack times now.

Where is this mythical "no redraw" version of Staff for scrappers? 😉

Gave Staff/Stone Scrapper a quick test: Every time I touch Combat Teleport, the Staff gets put away and re-drawn to attack. Need to use Earth's Embrace? Redraw. 

Want to drop Caltrops from the WM epic to stack some more slow/immob onto Mud Pots?

Redraw.

Sarcasm aside, all weapon sets should be equally unaffected by redraw penalties.  Full stop. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

@InvaderStychMy bad, I'm a liar, I could have swore my scrapper didn't have redraw, I must have been thinking about a different class.  Leveled my scrapper to 18 and my stalker is now 33 :D.  Hoping one day a change will come, will open up a lot of more classes to choice from for me. (I'm a mid/max guy) don't let my choices fool you, I'm just running out of things to make/try.

On 12/17/2021 at 7:46 AM, InvaderStych said:

Where is this mythical "no redraw" version of Staff for scrappers? 😉

Gave Staff/Stone Scrapper a quick test: Every time I touch Combat Teleport, the Staff gets put away and re-drawn to attack. Need to use Earth's Embrace? Redraw. 

Want to drop Caltrops from the WM epic to stack some more slow/immob onto Mud Pots?

Redraw.

Sarcasm aside, all weapon sets should be equally unaffected by redraw penalties.  Full stop. 🙂

Practiced Brawler goes off because you set it to autofire like you're supposed to? Redraw.

Yeah, I'm annoyed by this too, and I'm pretty sure there's no option for it on scrappers at the moment.

• Thumbs Up 1

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!

• 4 months later

I love the concept of redraw. I am using a different weapon so I have to grab it. However, I only love the concept. Mechanically? It is more than a little annoying out the gate. I'm using two one-handed weapons? Gotta redraw them both to use them. Even if my character is only attacking with one of them with this power. Using a ninja blaster? You can't just blast with one hand while holding your weapon in the other? (Yeah, I know, they can't match the animations across all those power combinations.)

It gets compounded when the draw/redraw is so long like with a ninja training blaster. Have to take the time to draw the weapon, then grip the weapon with both hands, then set the weapon before you even get into the attack. Meanwhile, that plasma rifle wielding Rikti Infantry runs up to you, starts his plasma sword draw animation well after you started your blade draw animation, finishes drawing his weapon in maybe half the time, and is already carving you up while you wait for your attack to finally start.

So yeah... I love the concept of redraw, but I hate the actuality. I'm in favor of this suggestion, but not just for staff scrappers/stalkers. Let's face it. Redraw sucks.

Edit: I should clarify before I am told I am confusing draw with redraw. In the provided example, I just finished cutting down a Rikti Headman in my face with the sword after shooting him repeatedly to start the fight, then had to redraw the pistols to shoot the distant Infantry, then had to redraw the sword to finish the Infantry in close combat.

Edited by Rudra