Magisterium Incarnate Trial mechanics question - hoping for some dev insight

Vanden

A lot of us are familiar with the final fight in the Magisterium trial; use the temp powers on the lights, scatter when the Air Crackles and focus on Tyrant. There's more going on than that, though. There's some Olympian Guards running around, which I think is tied to the reveal that Tyrant has Recluse's powers in addition to Statesman's, and which doesn't otherwise amount to anything besides explaining why Tyrant has Energy Smash instead of Knockout Blow. Tyrant's eye beam attack is also deemed worthy of a big text popup like Lightning Flow, despite seeming like a completely unremarkable attack.

So my question (mainly for devs like @Faultline or @Piecemeal who can look at the actual encounter design in the files, but really anyone who might know) is what's the story with these elements? Are players actually expected to do something about this seemingly mundane attack that gets a big scary warning, or the elite boss mobs that I've never seen anyone pay any attention to at all?

Copied from HCWiki:

Tyrant is able to summon Boss-class versions of Olympian Guards at level 54 at various intervals, which attack players. He is also able to use Power of Tartarus, a 60ft sphere centered on him, to give himself bonus ToHit and Smashing Damage by using the lifeforce of any Olympian Guards in range. This buff duration is 60 seconds, and stacks, but each application refreshes the duration of all other stacks. However, when Tyrant drops below 40% health, Olympian Guards are no longer available.

• Thumbs Up 2