Window Scale option missing?

Lazarillo

Okay, this is driving me crazy.  I have one character whose windows I can't seem to set up like all my other characters.  Here's what I see by default:

image.png.9c57fc3cb5bbb2d7bc324a0fdee48c32.png

And here's what my Arachnos Widow sees:

image.png.7bd67de753f311015fb71d198bceeba5.png

Slight color changes aside, my Window, upon choosing "Automatic UI Scale" loses the abiltiy to set an overall Window Scale the way my other characters can.  As a result, their windows look all out of whack, comparatively speaking.  How can I fix this?

You can use /windowscale to set each window to an optimum size, which I always find much more useful/pleasing than one generic size. You do need to know the precise name of every window, but that can be looked up in the wiki or the Guide. And you only have to do it once, then use /wdwsave to save the configuration and /wdwload to call it back whenever needed.

Much more on window and UI scaling in the Guide as well.

• Thanks 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I'd think the button that says "save windows settings to default file" on that one character that has them scaled the way you want them and "load windows settings from default file" button on the other characters would do exactly what you're looking for. Those should be down at the very bottom of the options tab you're on in the pics you posted.

Edited by LKN-351
clarification
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LKN-351 said:

I'd think the button that says "save windows settings to default file" on that one character that has them scaled the way you want them and "load windows settings from default file" button on the other characters would do exactly what you're looking for.

So would I!  Unfortunately, loading other options doesn't work, either. I prolly shoulda noted that in the original post.

2 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

You can use /windowscale to set each window to an optimum size, which I always find much more useful/pleasing than one generic size. You do need to know the precise name of every window, but that can be looked up in the wiki or the Guide. And you only have to do it once, then use /wdwsave to save the configuration and /wdwload to call it back whenever needed.

Can't hurt, at least!  I'll give it a shot with the slash commands and see if that works.

• City Council

Way back on live, Window Scale was replaced with UI Scale, the Window Scale slider still shows up if it's applicable for compatibility, for all intents and purposes UI Scale does the same thing.  If you 100% insist on having the Window Scale slider, you need to scale the status window to something OTHER THAN 1, so "/windowscale status 0.9" with the options window closed, should cause the slider to show up, if you ever set this back to 100% it will disappear and you'll have to re-do the slash command.

• Thanks 1

On 1/1/2022 at 10:12 PM, Michiyo said:

Way back on live, Window Scale was replaced with UI Scale, the Window Scale slider still shows up if it's applicable for compatibility, for all intents and purposes UI Scale does the same thing.  If you 100% insist on having the Window Scale slider, you need to scale the status window to something OTHER THAN 1, so "/windowscale status 0.9" with the options window closed, should cause the slider to show up, if you ever set this back to 100% it will disappear and you'll have to re-do the slash command.

Interesting, I didn't know about this... negative interactivity.

The dual sliders are really a messy PITA, IMVHO. Set the scale once, as a starting point, and then use the window scale/save method forevermore.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Project in progress.

Does anyone know if there's a slash or option command to set the UI scale as if with one or both of the sliders?

There's something else that I've noticed about how the game handles various options;  Some reset to defaults on new map load.

This doesn't apply to options that you normally see in the options window.  I'm talking about stuff that you can only set by slash commands.

For example,  /optionset buffsettings appears to be reset when you load into a new map.  So, if you want to do the advanced options found here: 

They reset on new map load and you have to use a bind or macro to reload it.

Also, I've recently discovered that you can manually edit the wdw.txt file.  You can set the scaling on windows individually, as was mention above.  This setting sticks.  BUT, did you know that you can set your trays and windows to all be different colors if you want?

trays.thumb.JPG.0a41381f76996eed0143cd2c6a3598eb.JPG

To my disappointment though, the colors all go back to the default color upon new map load...  😒